Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Hats off to Boise Vets Admin.(Edited for acronym challenged) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To make a short story long....on Dec. 17th I was diagnosed with ALS by my neurologist in Edmonds (great guy by the way). He knew I was a vet and forwarded my contact information to the VA in Boise since he used to work neurology at the VA some years back.

I am Joe Nobody, yeah I did my bit.

In the span of 2 weeks, I had 62 emails, 12 phone calls, was rated 100% disabled, and I keep getting phone calls with offers of assistance from various portions of the VA. I have been in the business and technical support world for many years.

I have never seen a more dedicated staff in my life. I have been truly impressed, and they have left me with a debt I shall never be able to repay.

I hope that you who have done the deed and need help, contact the Boise VA if you are having problems with SEA. I know some who have come home are having REAL issues that you need help with. These folks are both real, and available. Housing is relatively cheap if you are outside the Boise area.

To you Combat Vets :patriot:

To the Boise VA :bow:

As for the rest of you guys :045:

Last edited by skey on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
To make a short story long....on Dec. 17th I was diagnosed with ALS by my neurologist in Edmonds (great guy by the way). He knew I was a vet and forwarded my contact information to the VA in Boise since he used to work neurology at the VA some years back.

I am Joe Nobody, yeah I did my bit.

In the span of 2 weeks, I had 62 emails, 12 phone calls, was rated 100% disabled, and I keep getting phone calls with offers of assistance from various portions of the VA. I have been in the business and technical support world for many years.

I have never seen a more dedicated staff in my life. I have been truly impressed, and they have left me with a debt I shall never be able to repay.

I hope that you who have done the deed and need help, contact the Boise VA if you are having problems with SEA. I know some who have come home are having REAL issues that you need help with. These folks are both real, and available. Housing is relatively cheap if you are outside the Boise area.

To you Combat Vets :patriot:

To the Boise VA :bow:

As for the rest of you guys :045:

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

~~~

Side note. Read the title, and was wondering where in Virginia, Boise was...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's saying something. Thanks for your service BTW.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now your google maps are broken. Bet you found every stump hole for the group shoots though didn't you. :bigsmile:

Site suggestion: Acronyms List. :doh1:

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news. I appreciate your time in service and wish you well for the future and hopeful breakthroughs in ALS treatments. :patriot:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
Good news. I appreciate your time in service and wish you well for the future and hopeful breakthroughs in ALS treatments. :patriot:

I just want to give the "real guys" another path if it might work for them.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey bro, my brother friend(read bff, I know)'s father was diagnosed about 6 months ago up here in Skagit County. I know the big lifeline for him was the local chapter of the ALS foundation. Believe up here it is the Evergreen, or its a specific part of the Evergreen.
I dont know a lot about whats going on, but I know 1 thing. Its never too early to be prepared. It is different and accelerates differently for everyone. Go to the meetings and take what you can from them.
I am so sorry to hear of this. I do not know you other than this board. I realize this is a review of the VA, but if you ever need anything, anything at all, just ask. Good luck, I wish you all the best!

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:49 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
It is different and accelerates differently for everyone. Go to the meetings and take what you can from them.
I am so sorry to hear of this. I do not know you other than this board. I realize this is a review of the VA, but if you ever need anything, anything at all, just ask. Good luck, I wish you all the best!

Well said. Consider this a +1 from me.
If there's anything that we can do for you, please let me know.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Hey bro, my brother friend(read bff, I know)'s father was diagnosed about 6 months ago up here in Skagit County. I know the big lifeline for him was the local chapter of the ALS foundation. Believe up here it is the Evergreen, or its a specific part of the Evergreen.
I dont know a lot about whats going on, but I know 1 thing. Its never too early to be prepared. It is different and accelerates differently for everyone. Go to the meetings and take what you can from them.

Boise has a dedicated ALS team. They are on game so if he is a vet, pm me and we will see if that goes anywhere. If he is a vet and it is ALS, he is in for shock on support.

I only have one regret. I never got to post a video of Steve's face in a real cake. Bummer.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah, I see your "Not Washington" location now . . . it makes sense.

First, that is GREAT to hear about how well you were treated. Thanks for sharing it with us; it's nice to hear some positive in the midst of the usual negative about the VA.

Second, to reiterate what some of the guys above said, best wishes to you as you move forward with the diagnosis. Thank you for being a "Joe Nobody" that served our country.

And last...

skey wrote:
I only have one regret. I never got to post a video of Steve's face in a real cake. Bummer.

icon_eek :rofl9:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So my last wish of you face down down muzzling a cake for a youtube thing ain't happening? :ROFLMAO:

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:58 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

skey wrote:
So my last wish of you face down down muzzling a cake for a youtube thing ain't happening? :ROFLMAO:

I sense a prime opportunity approaching.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PMB wrote:
skey wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't rule it out.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:07 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
PMB wrote:
skey wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't rule it out.

I’ll bring the cake!

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
skey wrote:

We call this moderator blackmail gold. I think the Russians used this concept to rig the 2016 elections. Just throwing that out there in case we can use it later to expunge our trespasses.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next