Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
 snow 2019 

leadcounsel wrote:
Got home today, furnace was out. Trane furnace. 4 light flashes, so the code tells me it overheated. My filter was long-over-due. Put in a new filter, but furnace won't work. GRRRRRR.. Yet another problem on my plate that I just don't need. 55 degrees in here. Brrrrr.....

Interesting tidbit I mentioned earlier. I lived in several states in my life during the worst (or among the worst) snowstorms in that state's history.

I saw a vid on this just the other day --- try cycling the power either by the switch (if you have one) or the breaker.... I saw something that said if the furnace has the same failure (aka overheat) three times - it goes into a lockout mode. Cycling the power clears the lockout.

Found it...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj7HAxS9nX0

Edit to add some more vids.... good explanations of how the furnace works and troubleshooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jonl_TLkpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zax02itYHkU

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks John Browning.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Selador wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
Selador wrote:
I used to tweak my back like that, and be out of commission for anywhere up to 3 months. Once, it was over a year. A year in which even to smile, was painful. Any movement at all was painful.

My doc taught me an exercise to do every morning, before I get out of bed.

Ever since then, I still occasionally tweak my back like that, but it never lasts more than a few days...

The exercise...
You can do this in bed, or on the floor, whichever is more comfortable for you.

Lat flat on your back.
Pull your feet up as close to your body as you can.
Put the flats of your feet together, and let your knees fall toward the floor.
Stay in that position while your legs and joints relax.
Your knees will slowly get closer to the floor.
Keep those feet together and close to you!
When your knees will no longer go any closer to the floor, stay that way for a couple minutes.
Then very slowly... And keeping your feet together as long as possible...
Move your feet away from you.

I generally do it in increments. Move them away from me a few inches and wait a few minutes again. Repeat until your feet are most of the way away from you, and finish that last bit all at once.

Lay there with your legs together, your feet together, and your toes pointed toward you, for about 5 minutes.

Sometimes when you do this, you will hear/feel a snap. That is usually one of your hip joints popping back into place.

Thanks for that exercise tip, I injured my lower back at work in 04 & that ended my telephone career.
Have tried many a PT exercises but none have helped, ill try this one. :wink05:

For a long time, I almost felt like I was wasting my time. It really didn't seem to do anything at all, most of the time.

Then I stopped.

The next time I tweaked my back, it was back to the old way it used to be.

Took a couple weeks of doing the exercise, but that's it. I've kept it up since then, and never been out of commission for more then three to four days, after even the worst tweak of the back. (Meaning, the tweaks still happen. And they are painful when they do. The first couple days, it even seems almost like the exercise is doing nothing. But then, the pain goes away, like it never did before. Doesn't last for weeks or months.)

I realized that in my evaluation of it's "working or not", I was looking at the wrong thing. I don't need some 'evidence' each time, to know it's working. (Like the occasional pop of a joint.) The fact is it's a great preventative. And it makes the tweak pain go away much faster than it used to. Especially if you have kept up the exercise before the tweak occurs.

Well... I've been trying to function with my back "tweek" from shoveling.... its slowly getting better - thank god my neighbor gave me a back wrap - just having some compression on it does alot of good. I'm trying to get more stretching in each day, but being mindful not to do too much for fear of tweeking it again and going back to an incapacitated state. I can at least walk up and down the stairs and get in and out of my truck without too much pain now.

I ran across this vid for back exercises --- looks pretty good and straight forward. What do you guys who stretch/exercise think about the routine? Anything similar to what you do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_XyQOlEQp0

By the way - this is the same guy who did the furnace vids..... he really does seem to know his shit, and makes vids filled with useful info instead of long ass useless dissertations.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:19 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

It has been snowing here East of Battle Ground for about an hour. Initially lightly coming down very small light flakes, but occasionally picking up into pretty thick (but still small light flakes.)

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Came down pretty heavy here, overnight.

Got maybe 6 inches.

Then got really heavy again for a while for about 7 to 10. Then stopped for a while.

Now we are getting a LOT of snow. Almost white out. Mixed with rain!!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:

Got maybe 6 inches.

Then got really heavy again for a while for about 7 to 10. Then stopped for a while.

Did your neighbor end up dying last time it snowed? Because if he didn't you might be stuck hearing about his impending doom again this time.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
Selador wrote:

Got maybe 6 inches.

Did your neighbor end up dying last time it snowed? Because if he didn't you might be stuck hearing about his impending doom again this time.

:ROFLMAO:

To his surprise, he didn't die.

His wife was shoveling like mad. I think, to show him that he wasn't as buried as he thought he was. She even came over and helped me to get my car out of the way so I could use my truck.

Past few years, I have always used my truck, to punch a way through the snow. I'll do that several times, and then he just follows the tracks out. This year, the truck needed fixed, and then the car was in the way. I fixed the truck, and was working on getting the car out of the way, when she showed up to help.

And then when he finally hired a guy to plow our road, she even threatened to come over here and shovel my entire drive by herself, if he didn't have the plow guy do my drive as well. LOL

He finally got the message and pulled his head out of the snow. Now, he is driving in and out of here like an old pro.

I'll keep tracks cleared for him, from now on, this year. But I'd like to get a snowblower for next year. Actually I have a large one already. Just need to mount a motor to it, then mount it to a riding mower. I need a smaller, walk-behind type, as well. Getting too old to shovel this crap!

Still have a LOT of snow, mixed with a lot of rain, coming down...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
mislabeled wrote:
Selador wrote:

Got maybe 6 inches.

:ROFLMAO:

To his surprise, he didn't die.

His wife was shoveling like mad. I think, to show him that he wasn't as buried as he thought he was. She even came over and helped me to get my car out of the way so I could use my truck.

Past few years, I have always used my truck, to punch a way through the snow. I'll do that several times, and then he just follows the tracks out. This year, the truck needed fixed, and then the car was in the way. I fixed the truck, and was working on getting the car out of the way, when she showed up to help.

And then when he finally hired a guy to plow our road, she even threatened to come over here and shovel my entire drive by herself, if he didn't have the plow guy do my drive as well. LOL

He finally got the message and pulled his head out of the snow. Now, he is driving in and out of here like an old pro.

I'll keep tracks cleared for him, from now on, this year. But I'd like to get a snowblower for next year. Actually I have a large one already. Just need to mount a motor to it, then mount it to a riding mower. I need a smaller, walk-behind type, as well. Getting too old to shovel this crap!

Still have a LOT of snow, mixed with a lot of rain, coming down...

It seems that up until I turned 60 all Hell broke loose physicaly...
Even a paratrooper jump off a ladder yesterday (totally unintentional mind you) has me still on the couch today... :rofl9:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33