Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:04 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Mass shooting in New Zealand 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On liveleak... shooter live streamed.

Brutal. Many dead. Christchurch NZ. I've been there...

Sympathy for the victims.

Used semiauto 12 or 20 gauge and an AR or two. These are probably illegalin NZ, and murder is illegal or course. So is self defense and handgun ownership concealed carry, and other common sense.

Zero armed security. Wide open mosque. Zero armed resistance or response for many minutes. People just cowered and died.

Evil prevailed.
Gun control fail.
Security fail.

Sad day.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More gun laws to be passed.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

looks like it crashed Liveleak or they are censoring it

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Liveleak is chopping all the videos down to the first 37 seconds before the shooting began.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very sad.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Edit. Posted.

Last edited by CQBgopher on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:44 pm

Sad thing for sure.

Guy who did has some serious issues. You can find all sorts of info if you google. (8chan NZ shooting)

Definitely a hate crime though. His manifesto is all about immigration leading to the downfall of the white race. His actions showed zero mercy as he went around executing potentially just wounded people.

His chest rig and all the guns/mags are covered in text. Some are names of old rulers are leaders.

As for gun laws in NZ, my very limited knowledge is its pretty easy to get a basic liscence to own which covers non military style semi auto rifles and shotguns. Which would explain the "NY Legal" style ar the shooter used. There of course is also magazine limits which the shooter didnt bother following

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was in new Zealand a decade ago. Gun ownership is extremely rare and difficult. Pellet guns are illegal. Or that's what i was told.

Necer saw a gun shop or range anywhere in the week i travelled all around. I was under the impression civilian gun ownership is almost extinct, requires super government permissions, licensing, storage, etc.
Forget semi auto or large capacity.
Forget carry. Pipedream.

No way this murderer had legal guns or magazines.

This is a clear illustration of failures of gun control.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:16 pm

I’ve seen snippets of his manifesto and he says he wants to help polarize the left and right in the USA and cause liberals to try and take the 2nd amendment away which would cause a civil war.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 pm

I have some videos forwarded to me if anyone interested, not sure if i can post them here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

whoa.. whoa.. whoa..

let's not rush to judgment here.

Religion had nothing to do with it.

Clearly this is just a case of workplace violence

:bonghit:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Video is easy to find searching in the right places. Pretty sickening. There is no remorse or hesitation. I just don't get it why someone would become a monster like that.
As for the gun legality debate, you guys think people would pack guns to the mosque if guns were easy to get legally? I can't even pack here at work, gym, bars, etc.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jorgeu wrote:
Video is easy to find searching in the right places. Pretty sickening. There is no remorse or hesitation. I just don't get it why someone would become a monster like that.
As for the gun legality debate, you guys think people would pack guns to the mosque if guns were easy to get legally? I can't even pack here at work, gym, bars, etc.

War is never pretty. Go back and read the accounts of the battles against the Ottoman empire. Cities would capitulate to the caliph's demands and then 15,000 men, women and children would be put to the sword anyway.

And after all of that violence to secure Europe against the Ottoman (read that as Muslim Caliphs), they, which is to say their own gov't representatives, are ceding it back to the detriment of the home population. Apparently it is happening in NZ and Australia (and here, but our geographical size makes it less apparent - unless you live in such places like Dearborn MI).

Faced with an influx of what is supposed to be cheap(er) labor, which undermines the standard of living for the native work force, a cultural war on that same native population, and legislation and legislators which undermine the citizenry's sovereign authority you can't see why people are being pushed to taking matters in their own hands?

I anticipate this will only grow more common. I'm surprised it hasn't happened in Merkel's Germany already. The Frogs seems to be stirring.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Read some of the victims' quotes about how they were "praying that the attacker would run out of bullets..."

I saw a video on LiveLeak. Disgusting how people were huddling in corners and just letting themselves be slaughtered. Only one or two tried even making a break for the exits. Guess this is how a cowed and disarmed society reacts. Not one person even tried attacking him.

I'm sure some of those people probably felt frustrated as they laid there with their hands over their heads waiting to die.

This is awful and I feel terrible for the victims. It must have been the worst possible experience to know your death was coming at the hands of a mad man and thinking there was nothing you could to do to stop it.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

soundmike wrote:
I have some videos forwarded to me if anyone interested, not sure if i can post them here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are all adults who can make our own decisions.

Don’t quote me in that though.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next