Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Mass shooting in New Zealand 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Took some time to refresh myself on NZ's gun laws.

Pretty much it's the Liberal wish list.

Quote:
Nearly 250,000 [1] licensed firearms owners own and use New Zealand's estimated 1.5 million [1] firearms.[2] As in Australia, but unlike the US and Canada, gun laws usually gain the support of both major parties before they are passed. Guns are not currently a major political issue, but have been restricted immediately after the Aramoana massacre in 1990, the Scottish Dunblane and Australian Port Arthur massacres in 1996.
Gun licences are issued at the discretion of the police in New Zealand provided the police consider the person to be of good standing (Citation New Zealand.2008.‘Delegation of Powers by Commissioner.’

Quote:
Aramoana and the 1992 amendments to the Act
After the Aramoana massacre in November 1990, John Banks, the Minister for Police, announced that the government would ban what he and others described as "Rambo-style" weapons and substantially tighten gun laws generally. The law was eventually passed in 1992 and required written permits to order guns or ammunition by mail order, restricted ammunition sales to firearms licence holders, added photographs to firearms licences, required licence holders to have secure storage for firearms at their homes (which would be inspected before a licence was issued), and, controversially, required all licence holders to be re-vetted for new licences, which would be valid for only 10 years.

The law also created the new category of "military-style semi-automatic", which like the Federal Assault Weapons Ban two years later in the United States, mainly covered the appearance rather than the functionality of the guns. These required a special endorsement, security and registration in the same manner as pistols, but could be used wherever A-category guns could.

And then there's this...
Quote:
In August 2009, the Police decided that any firearm, including single shot bolt action rifles, with a free-standing pistol grip that could allow the firearm to be shot inaccurately from the hip would be defined as an MSSA.[12] However, the High Court rejected this attempt in Lincoln v Police [2010] BCL 194; 33 TCL 11/2. Parliament subsequently amended the Arms Act as a result of the court decision.

So basically it's a democrat's wet-dream for regulating guns going even further than 1639's crazy definition here.

And did it stop this?
-The guns in question that were used in this massacre were almost certainly banned and illegally acquired.
-Virtually no one in NZ has carry permits so the attackers knew they'd be waiting a long time for armed opposition to stop them.
-Safe storage requirements and INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS of that storage did not stop this.

Think of the people dying in that video. Think of them cowering in the corners. Think of the people cowering in France during the shootings there. There are videos. That kind of surrendered and patiently-waiting-to-die society is EXACTLY what the anti-gun democrats want to create here. When you push them on it, like Obama, they'll say "well, you can never totally eliminate mass shootings in other countries but they have FEWER of them..."
Basically, they think that there are "acceptable casualty" levels. And of course with their private security and in some cases taxpayer funded security they don't intend on being part of it. They expect the rest of us to be the "random death pool."

This should make you angry, because this is what the liberal antis want for us. They want us to be crouching in corners with hands over our heads while attackers slowly and methodically hose us down with bullets.

Also, they are forgetting about the bombs that were found. Even without the firearms there could have been a huge death toll. Not sure why they didn't go off, but my guess is if the attackers hadn't had their guns they'd have put a lot more time into the explosive devices.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post videos if you’d like, but please use the spoiler tag and label the videos appropriately, so people will know what they’re clicking. Thank you.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very sad to watch. By him doing this on a live stream will only strengthen the Anti gunners stance of the AR15 type rifles.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Very sad to watch. By him doing this on a live stream will only strengthen the Anti gunners stance of the AR15 type rifles.

Remind them of the attacker's manifesto that says he hopes it will lead to guns being banned and the 2nd Amendment being restricted. When liberal mass shooter Chris Dorner penned a screed before he went on his killing spree, part of it praised Obama and Feinstein and said "no one needs semi autos like these" while he was using one to murder people...

The media went silent about him after that.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Remind them of the attacker's manifesto that says he hopes it will lead to guns being banned and the 2nd Amendment being restricted. When liberal mass shooter Chris Dorner penned a screed before he went on his killing spree, part of it praised Obama and Feinstein and said "no one needs semi autos like these" while he was using one to murder people...

Considering the media is somehow blaming Trump for this already tells me that all logic is gone.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Alpine wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Considering the media is somehow blaming Trump for this already tells me that all logic is gone.

I had to go see some of those, even worse than what you say. They talk about how the attackers praised Trump and how Trump's rhetoric and 'rise to power' has emboldened and inspired people like this...

Not even editorials. Straight up "news" articles.

And the libs wonder why more and more people are starting to agree that the press really is the enemy of the people.

Quote:

Quote:

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The lib media is already trying to pretend that NZ has "lax" gun laws....

Unbelievable. 2+2=5. Up is down. Black is white.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/worl ... -laws.html

Quote:

Quote:

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

England and NZ are pretty strict when it comes to guns, they are pretty easy on suppressors.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The thing that amazes me, is people just waiting to be killed. Accepting their fate.

Fuck me running, the first thing on my mind would be charging the sonovabitch , throwing shit at him, and taking him down.

Gonna get shot and maybe killed anyway, so no fucking way in the world am I going to make it easy for him to do me in.

And, maybe I stop him.

I mean no disrespect for the victims, but was there no man there who wanted his fellow man, wife or children to live bad enough to try and stop this waste of skin from killing more innocent people ?

Has the will to live and protect your own been " educated " or, bred right out of people today ?

What a crying shame this happened the way it did.

Prayers for the innocent.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some good analysis:

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/rest-of-world/2019/03/15/shitposting-inspirational-terrorism-and-the-christchurch-mosque-massacre/

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/brenton-tarrant-facebook-live-video-livestream/

There's also very good intel over on lightfighter

I found and downloaded a copy of the manifesto. It's been taken down then reposted somewhere else, as has the video, multiple times. If anyone want's it and can't find it pm me your email address. I haven't read the whole thing yet

Of course the news is reporting that he was a right-wing lunatic. In reality his roots are in communism and various other flavors of the left wing. He states his purpose is to sow discord in the US and push liberals to try and repeal the second amendment, causing a civil war

Liberal media is lapping it up and and going along with the plan

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's at least one report out of someone in one of the mosque's trying to interrupt the attack.

From the New Zealand Herald -- https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213205

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Link to video:

https://drive(dot)google.com/file/d/18O4fttH3RC4r_oeKzeZZ_E6r1npqW5oo/view?fbclid=IwAR2XmxZwzxtfjdl-1NtRlsLgSOdXRnhlBhafk9bFOyLHVfBWiQe73Embw6g

intentionally left cold, replace (dot)

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
The thing that amazes me, is people just waiting to be killed. Accepting their fate.

Fuck me running, the first thing on my mind would be charging the sonovabitch , throwing shit at him, and taking him down.

Gonna get shot and maybe killed anyway, so no fucking way in the world am I going to make it easy for him to do me in.

And, maybe I stop him.

I mean no disrespect for the victims, but was there no man there who wanted his fellow man, wife or children to live bad enough to try and stop this waste of skin from killing more innocent people ?

Has the will to live and protect your own been " educated " or, bred right out of people today ?

What a crying shame this happened the way it did.

Prayers for the innocent.

I saw the same thing from the survivors of the Bataclan shooting in Paris....they just laid down and waited to die...the thought of defense or attacking the agressor never entered their mind

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is an interesting late breaking development: Apparently there were two mosques that were attacked by multiple attackers. At the 2nd mosque, an armed civilian shot at the attacker(s) and thwarted the attack.

http://concealednation.org/2019/03/brea ... SKJjp0Ek7Q

"According to the New Zealand Herald, the “well known Muslim local” chased the shooters with a rifle or shotgun, and fired two shots at them as they sped off in a car.

He was heard telling police officers he was firing in “self defense”."

Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next