Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Former Gun Permit Board Member Physically Removed 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

from committee meeting.

"....joint hearings were being held on SB1000, a bill that would effectively abolish the appeals process to the Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board (HPRB). The sponsors of SB1000 are all Democrats.

...Today in the joint hearings in Annapolis, former Handgun Permit Review Board member Shari Judah of Montgomery County was EJECTED by the plainclothes Maryland State Police when she continued testifying past the punitive one-minute time limit..."

The audio is horrible but her testimony is interesting as she portrays the anti-gun attitude of the MD state legislature and administration.

She states at one point " You're a disgrace! You're a DISGRACE! You give people one minute and you show up late!"

This is the same beef I have with our legislative committee meetings. We are given 2 minutes, which is a woefully insufficient time to testify on grave matters, and many times that time limit will be truncated due to the legislators' other obligations. This should never occur and ample time should be allotted for each item on the agenda.

And during testimony often little respect is paid to speakers unless they represent some other department of government or a point of view in agreement to the committee chair (You hear me Laurie Jenkins?)

All the while during testimony many of the representatives and Senators are talking about their upcoming weekends or where they'll be going for lunch, or scrolling on their PDA's or watching the speaker's timer instead of listening to the citizens' concerns.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/former ... z5iFDDpoAv
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Even worse, citizen time will often be truncated to give unlimited time to out-of-state celebrities to push an agenda.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She's right, the process IS a disgrace. As far as I know the already have talked amongst themselves and have their minds made up.
It is our duty to call them out on the BS, it's high time we start getting in their faces!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:16 am

The only thing that will fix the time constraint issue is to vote the out. Barring that, maybe bread truck drivers need to lose their pristine safety record whenever these idiots cross the street.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:17 pm

100% agree. Time limits are a disgrace and the members often aren't paying attention. And the vote is usually decided already.

I Wil ltell you though that there are times that testimony can make a difference and stop a bill or have changes made etc.

But on gun stuff etc it's usually decided. In fact the majority probably already knows what bills they are going to pull to the floor for a vote before they come up for hearing in committee.

In general I wish chairs would do a better job of managing the bill load and not trying to "hear" every bill. This would give the bills that are heard more time and perhaps keep from having 2k bills drafted in a session.

But I just work there. Lol

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:39 pm

Alpine wrote:
Even worse, citizen time will often be truncated to give unlimited time to out-of-state celebrities to push an agenda.

Well you see because of her injuries Gabby Giffords and/or her husband will require more than the standard 2 minutes. Now please move aside for their WAGR entourage

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:56 am

jukk0u wrote:
And during testimony often little respect is paid to speakers unless they represent some other department of government or a point of view in agreement to the committee chair (You hear me Laurie Jenkins?)

Totally agree.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]