Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hawaii Legislator Introduce Bills to Repeal the 2ND Amend 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:
cruffler wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Meanwhile in PA, there is a bill to enact a gun registry. (This goes against U.S. Code, so I don't imagine it to go far)

It'll be completely unenforceable.

Tell that to Hawaii. All firearms must be registered. That includes you physically bringing them to the county police station.

"Firearms must be registered with your county police within five days of acquisition or bringing them in from out of state."

http://hawaiirifleassociation.org/hawaii-gun-laws/

There is no fucking way for them to know who brought what from out of state.....unless they are stupid enough to tell on themselves. In that case, they'll get no sympathy from me.

Yep. When I lived there, I knew at least half a dozen guys in the armed forces who brought in their guns from their home state on commercial flights and just never registered them. They can't bust you for something they don't know about. I only bought 1 gun while I was there, and I no longer own it.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:45 am

Poi is the new soy?

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[/quote]There is no fucking way for them to know who brought what from out of state.....unless they are stupid enough to tell on themselves. In that case, they'll get no sympathy from me.[/quote]

Yep. When I lived there, I knew at least half a dozen guys in the armed forces who brought in their guns from their home state on commercial flights and just never registered them. They can't bust you for something they don't know about. I only bought 1 gun while I was there, and I no longer own it.[/quote]

Yes, everything will be OK unless something unexpected happens.
Like firearms stolen during a home burglary or from your car while you're stopped picking up some ammo going to the range. BTW, just stopping anywhere, even to get a burger at a drive-thru is a felony in HI. What do you tell the police then?
Of course, many people do this anyway and don't get caught, but you're leaving yourself open to some zealous officer's discretion. How lucky do you feel?
Suppose you're pulled over and the police see something in your car that leads them to search it?
Did you know that all firearms on military posts/bases must also be registered? What if your car is subject to a random search entering the base?
If you've got a good mil/gov job with a security clearance you don't want to jeopardize it.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Making people live as criminals is despicable. Shows you what the antis think of gun owners.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cruffler wrote:
There is no fucking way for them to know who brought what from out of state.....unless they are stupid enough to tell on themselves. In that case, they'll get no sympathy from me.[/quote]

Yep. When I lived there, I knew at least half a dozen guys in the armed forces who brought in their guns from their home state on commercial flights and just never registered them. They can't bust you for something they don't know about. I only bought 1 gun while I was there, and I no longer own it.[/quote]

Like firearms stolen during a home burglary or from your car while you're stopped picking up some ammo going to the range. BTW, just stopping anywhere, even to get a burger at a drive-thru is a felony in HI. What do you tell the police then?
Of course, many people do this anyway and don't get caught, but you're leaving yourself open to some zealous officer's discretion. How lucky do you feel?
Suppose you're pulled over and the police see something in your car that leads them to search it?
Did you know that all firearms on military posts/bases must also be registered? What if your car is subject to a random search entering the base?
If you've got a good mil/gov job with a security clearance you don't want to jeopardize it.[/quote]

A lesson tyrants understand and the reason why so many will abide and abet it.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cruffler wrote:
If you've sold your soul to the mil/gov for a job with a security clearance you don't want your freedom anymore.

Fixed that for you. Life is full of choices. Some choose wealth and comfort over FREEDOM.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Did you know that all firearms on military posts/bases must also be registered?"
Only the ones brought on base. :bigsmile:

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cruffler wrote:
Quote:
There is no fucking way for them to know who brought what from out of state.....unless they are stupid enough to tell on themselves. In that case, they'll get no sympathy from me.

Yep. When I lived there, I knew at least half a dozen guys in the armed forces who brought in their guns from their home state on commercial flights and just never registered them. They can't bust you for something they don't know about. I only bought 1 gun while I was there, and I no longer own it.
Quote:

If you've got a good mil/gov job with a security clearance you don't want to jeopardize it.

Here's a solid idea: don't draw attention to yourself. You live in a world of what-ifs. I don't. I don't let those lame ass what-ifs hinder what I do in my life.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2