Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 CBP Chooses Glock over SIG 

edogg wrote:
I don’t understand what Glock is doing here. It’s like they’re out of ideas for improving their guns and just mixing and matching existing part combinations. This “new” G45 is just a G17.

Why clutter up your SKUs and add redundant products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because it's not. It's a long slide and barrel for the longer sight radius and velocity but the shorter grip makes it easier to conceal. The next should be something like the CCO 1911s, a 26 frame with a 19 slide. "Carries like a small gun, shoots like a big gun."

For most people it's the grip hat sticks out or prints while carrying. Especially with an IWB holster. It's rare that the slide is the part that become visible and usually at that point most of the gun is showing anyway so that half inch is not much of a difference. The half inch of slide though can be the difference between the corner of the grip and mag being obvious under a shirt or light jacket.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G45 uses a G17 frame with a G19 slide.
The G47 uses a G45 frame and a G17L slide.
Soooo .. the G47 is just a G17L ... Mystery solved.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
edogg wrote:
I don’t understand what Glock is doing here. It’s like they’re out of ideas for improving their guns and just mixing and matching existing part combinations. This “new” G45 is just a G17.

Why clutter up your SKUs and add redundant products?

Because it's not. It's a long slide and barrel for the longer sight radius and velocity but the shorter grip makes it easier to conceal. The next should be something like the CCO 1911s, a 26 frame with a 19 slide. "Carries like a small gun, shoots like a big gun."

For most people it's the grip hat sticks out or prints while carrying. Especially with an IWB holster. It's rare that the slide is the part that become visible and usually at that point most of the gun is showing anyway so that half inch is not much of a difference. The half inch of slide though can be the difference between the corner of the grip and mag being obvious under a shirt or light jacket.

Its a long slide and a long grip, just not a full length dust cover making it also compatible with G19 slides. I think the CBP simply have a large inventory of G19 slides they'd like to continue being able to use but don't mind stepping up to full size grips.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fungunnin wrote:
G45 uses a G17 frame with a G19 slide.
The G47 uses a G45 frame and a G17L slide.
Soooo .. the G47 is just a G17L ... Mystery solved.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think the 47 uses a 17 slide with a 4.5 inch barrel. not the 17L slide and a 6 inch barrel

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soooo point being that there’s nothing innovative here. It’s just SKU dilution.

Kinda like what BMW has done with their cars. It’s so weird that they have the 3 series that’s a 4 door. And the 4 series is the same as the 3 series but in a 2 door. Except for the 4 series GT model which has 4 doors. But maybe a touch smaller than the 3 series.

All leads to “WTF?” And consumer confusion.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don’t know, I kinda like it. Yes it’s a very small step forward, but it’s still a smart step. It gives you a lot more interchangeability in parts, especially if you run both 19’s and 17’s. I could see Glock eventually releasing a kit that has both slide lengths in it.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Its seems to me like a good start to standardize things. Since barrels for the 17 and 19 won't interchange, assume the slides don't either, but 19 and 26 will, Glock can go to one design across the board. It will make mix and match much easier.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It looks like both guns were basically equal, but the glock bid was $7.5M less than SIG.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/15/th ... AgBC7nU_QU

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They'll need a low capacity Glock for SeaTac if King County moves ahead with its ban.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Glock 40 /41 already use the slim slide similar to the G34/35.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2