Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Bid Daddy Unlimited: RMR RM06 Type 1 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you're a Big Daddy Unlimited member, and you're looking to get into the pistol red dot game, they have Type 1 RMR RM06's (adjustable LED, 3.25 MOA dot) in black for 317.99. Yes, they are type 1's, without the auto-adjust brightness, and with the iffy battery connections. If you pony up the extra $15 and buy a Battlewerx sealing plate, too, then you'll be into a perfectly serviceable RMR for less than $350. And they're got like 1700 of them.

As far as my homework has deduced, that Battlewerx sealing plate has solved the battery connection/flickering dot problem for everybody that's used it, with the added benefit of waterproofing the underside of the RMR.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The sealing plate did not fix my RMR battery problems. What finally solved them was using RTV (silicone sealant) to glue the battery in place on the top of my slide.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
The sealing plate did not fix my RMR battery problems. What finally solved them was using RTV (silicone sealant) to glue the battery in place on the top of my slide.

What brand of battery are you using? I've heard some brands are worse offenders than others. I picked up a type 1 anyway. Either it and the plate make the problem go away, or I do some more light fiddling.

zombie66 wrote:

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
If you're a Big Daddy Unlimited member, and you're looking to get into the pistol red dot game, they have Type 1 RMR RM06's (adjustable LED, 3.25 MOA dot) in black for 317.99. Yes, they are type 1's, without the auto-adjust brightness, and with the iffy battery connections. If you pony up the extra $15 and buy a Battlewerx sealing plate, too, then you'll be into a perfectly serviceable RMR for less than $350. And they're got like 1700 of them.

As far as my homework has deduced, that Battlewerx sealing plate has solved the battery connection/flickering dot problem for everybody that's used it, with the added benefit of waterproofing the underside of the RMR.

ALL of the LED powered RMR sights have auto brightness adjustment, even back to the early models. Type 1 or 2 doesn't matter there, and all models have it regardless whether they have the manual adjustment buttons or not. The only thing you get with the "type 2" is just improved battery connections. IMO kinda silly that they hyped it as a new type of RMR, since they changed battery connections at least twice in the old "type 1" models. I've had a bunch of them and had good results from most of them. The few times I had problems, Trijicon took care of it, their customer service is good.

My RMR use has mostly been on milled pistol slides; I always install them with a sealing plate and a small dab of RTV between the battery and plate. The only RMR of mine that had battery issues was an early model that went for ~15,000-20,000 rounds on my G19 carry gun before starting to flicker. Trijicon replaced it for me.

I'd jump on this deal if I was in the market for another RMR.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Link?

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:05 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pvanderzee wrote:
MadPick wrote:

What brand of battery are you using? I've heard some brands are worse offenders than others. I picked up a type 1 anyway. Either it and the plate make the problem go away, or I do some more light fiddling.

I don’t remember what brand I’m using. Trijicon did recommend one particular brand, and they also recommended bending the battery contacts ... which I did, twice. I was pretty convinced that the brand of battery wasn’t going to solve the problem of the battery flying back and forth under recoil, though, so I didn’t pursue that.

The RTV has worked ... but honestly, the whole experience left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
MadPick wrote:

I don’t remember what brand I’m using. Trijicon did recommend one particular brand, and they also recommended bending the battery contacts ... which I did, twice. I was pretty convinced that the brand of battery wasn’t going to solve the problem of the battery flying back and forth under recoil, though, so I didn’t pursue that.

The RTV has worked ... but honestly, the whole experience left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

And this is exactly why I bought a Holosun for half the price.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use Energizer batteries in mine, no issues with them.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Benja455 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
MadPick wrote:

And this is exactly why I bought three Holosuns for half the price . . . .

I'm not saying that the RMR is a mistake. Maybe the Type 2 is a lot better, I'm sure it is. The RMR sure is a nice, small, attractive sight -- no doubt about that. But the Holosun HS507C has shake-awake and auto-off, and as Ben said it's half the price. So that's what I've been using.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
MadPick wrote:

And this is exactly why I bought three Holosuns for half the price . . . .

I'm not saying that the RMR is a mistake. Maybe the Type 2 is a lot better, I'm sure it is. The RMR sure is a nice, small, attractive sight -- no doubt about that. But the Holosun HS507C has shake-awake and auto-off, and as Ben said it's half the price. So that's what I've been using.

A 507C is the next on my list, for similar reasons. Sage Dynamics quite likes his, and, aside from a broken window, it works like a charm. We'll see which one I like more.

zombie66 wrote:

Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

That shake-on/off is pointless on a carry gun though - if it works right it'll be on all the time (OK, whenever you're moving). For a range toy - whatever, there are other good choices for that too. Nothing against Holosun, I like them, but for a serious gun it's hard to beat an RMR.
Battery life has never been an issue on the RMR anyway, even though they stay on 24/7. I replace batteries in all of mine once a year on my birthday so I remember, but even that is way overkill.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]