Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 $1 PTR91, Cetme, HK rifle mags at J&G 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the threats to mag bans in WA and elsewhere, it's a GOOD IDEA to set back low priced mags while you can. At as low as $1 each or $1.35 each with shipping and tax, these might be less than scrap metal prices. These could one day get comparable to other similar battle rifle magazine prices ($20-$50 each).

Set some back for your Cetme, HK, PTR91 battle rifles.

https://www.jgsales.com/c308-and-cetme- ... 02189.html

Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:47 am

~
Just be aware that these will badly need cleaning and possible rust removal and recoating. I use high temp stove paint and bake them in a dedicated toaster oven, outside

Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cetme mags, steel not the alum of the g3 mags, heavy duty. The tolerancing is different between the g3 and cetme, so beware. I cant remember which will fit in which

Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Small data point but I have a JDL PTR91 and these steel mags fit and cycle without issue. I bought a pile of them before, and just bought another pile of them. I fully expect when these dry up they will be a lot more expensive and I want to ensure a lifetime supply... a DOLLAR each is basically free.

Yes, they are covered in cosmoline grease and will need a solvent bath or baking in an old oven, TLC, etc. but the fact they are preserved is a benefit, not a drawback, for long term storage.

Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:21 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

shaggy wrote:
Cetme mags, steel not the alum of the g3 mags, heavy duty. The tolerancing is different between the g3 and cetme, so beware. I cant remember which will fit in which

A lot of Century built CETME's (most?) won't take original steel CETME mags as they are built on G3 pattern receivers.
Aluminum HK/G3 mags seem to fit in everything.

Bought several dozen back in the day.
12 new aluminum G3 mags in HK factory wrap with 6 new rubber mag pouches and a new cleaning kit for $25.

They sold out pretty fast.

Along with the new unfinished CETME/G3 wood stock kits.
2 buttstock, screws, buttplate, 1 pistol grip, 1 new unfinished foregrip, and 2 takedown pins for $9.99.
Wish I bought them all.

Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.mainemilitary.com/productca ... 9p4074.htm

They were cheaper but going up in price.

But much cheaper than when they were $20 each lowest price.

Last edited by jackass on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:01 am

~
All 3 CETME mags that came with my Century/PTR CETME work fine in that gun. One was gritty, another was packed with half of Saudi Arabia mixed with baked grease. I haven't tried them in a 91 yet. G3 mags work fine

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]