Switch to full style
Find a sweet deal? Want to help others locate an unusual item? Post it here!

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!
Post a reply

Re: I think this is a good deal what says you

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:40 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:It's a good deal with the coupon code, but I had one and wasn't impressed with the dot clarity. It had a starry "sunburst" effect. My buddy's was the same way, though not quite as bad. Even my Bushnell TRS-25 has a crisper dot. I would go for a Sig ROMEO 5 instead, but that's just my 2 cents.

I was told that my astigmatism was the culprit.... I see 4-5 connected dots in my vortex!!!! icon_eek

Have you tried other red dot sights? I've sworn off Eotech because their reticles look like star wars to me. I have a couple red dots that are pretty bad as far as the "starburst" effect, but then I have some that are just one clean round red dot.

Never been told I have astigmatism. I might. But there are still red dot optics out there that I see as 1 clean, crisp dot.

I put a Leica red dot on the wife’s AR and it doesn’t appear to be as bad as the Vortex but I still see a few but not as pronounced.
It’s not like I can’t ring the gong at Evergreen at 100 yards 30/30 rounds... :bigsmile:

Damn....how big IS that gong??

:peep:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:30 am

"Ring the gong". So that's what they're calling it now days, eh?

Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:59 am

There's an easy way to tell if the starburst is the optic or your eyes. While looking at the red dot, rotate the optic, if the starburst pattern rotates, it's the red dot, if it stays the same it's your astigmatism.

I have a mild astigmatism and took an Aimpoint into my last eye appointment, we kept adjusting prescription lenses until the dot was sharp.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:24 pm

Free shipping is great. However, Palmetto is now collecting our beloved sales tax on behalf of the DOR. Last year, my ammo purchases were tax free; last weeks order shows the added tax.
Post a reply