Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Amend 2 mags, $6.98 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
Yes that is a low cost but my limited experience tells me plastic is plastic. Yes it may have a lifetime warantee but so do the 10 aluminum housing mags I just ordered. My experience with range mags that i have bought off people in the group tells me that poly mags lips break but metal ones bend and can be straightened out with a good pair of pliers.

I've watched numerous videos from various folks who drive over their Amendment 2 magazines with full sized trucks and don't break them. I'm not worried about feed lips splitting since I doubt a spring is going to exert more pressure than a 3000 pound truck that would break your foot if it drove over it. And if it's a concern, a good practice is to just download the magazine 1 or 2 rounds.

Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
hartcreek wrote:
Yes that is a low cost but my limited experience tells me plastic is plastic. Yes it may have a lifetime warantee but so do the 10 aluminum housing mags I just ordered. My experience with range mags that i have bought off people in the group tells me that poly mags lips break but metal ones bend and can be straightened out with a good pair of pliers.

I've watched numerous videos from various folks who drive over their Amendment 2 magazines with full sized trucks and don't break them. I'm not worried about feed lips splitting since I doubt a spring is going to exert more pressure than a 3000 pound truck that would break your foot if it drove over it. And if it's a concern, a good practice is to just download the magazine 1 or 2 rounds.

Driving over it with a truck and pushing outwards from the inside are two different kinds of force in two different directions. Drive over a mag with a truck, and the force is spread throughout the body, with a lot of supporting material behind the affected areas, for a brief moment. Leave it loaded for 10 years, and you have all the force constantly pushing against the unsupported feed lips. 'Tis a valid concern, but I doubt it's an issue with the established brands that use a quality fiber-reinforced polymer.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:

I literally have gen 1 magpuls that have been loaded since I got them. Nothing broken, nothing cracked. Under pressure for what, 10 years? I would be less inclined to believe hearsay over actually owning them. I mean I heard plastic glocks would never take off in the 90's and replace the revolver, but here we are. :bonghit:

Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got my mags today. Correct count of 25. $7.8 per mag.

Opened one, and it feels high quality materials and design. Very pleased. Thanks for the tip OP.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

MadPick wrote:
LC Gasitman, you’re an asshole.

:plusone:

What the hell do I need these 15 mags for?! :frust:

I do like the Ziploc bags, though.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
MadPick wrote:
LC Gasitman, you’re an asshole.

:plusone:

What the hell do I need these 15 mags for?! :frust:

I do like the Ziploc bags, though.

Every time we buy a gun or gun supplies, somewhere, a leftist anti-gunner weeps. And I take great satisfaction in that. :thumbsup2:

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What ELSE are you going to do with 450 rounds of loose ammo you have? Store them in BOXES?
MadPick wrote:
What the hell do I need these 15 mags for?! :frust:Image

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I sure hope those gen2 mags are better than the first. I'll be real interested in them if they are.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
I sure hope those gen2 mags are better than the first. I'll be real interested in them if they are.

I watched several detailed online reviews.

A few complained of Gen1s, and the company exchanged them with modified Gen2 models which apparently focused on and resolved whatever problems were in the Gen1. I would not buy the Gen1. Botach sold the Gen2. I was confident enough with all the reviews I bought a box full of them.

On inspection, they seem like PMAG-like quality mags, good fit and finish, positive lock in weapon, drop free, good materials and attractive design. I haven't loaded or used any yet, but I'm confident in these that they don't look or feel any level below PMAGs.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oops wrong thread

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2