Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 20 pack AC Unity 30 or 40 rounders AK47 made for Germany $99 

NotAMerc wrote:
Box of mags showed up. They completely covered this thing in tape, was definitely not going to come apart. Mags look great. They just barely fit in though. My PSA AK is TIGHT. Will have to gently file them a bit.

I got my box today too. entirely covered it tape. No issues with fitment in my Meridian.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone want to split a box of 40s with an exchange in Puyallup? I'm happy to place the order, don't really need another 20 AK mags though.
Edit: split had been organized.

Last edited by scrid2000 on Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

scrid2000 wrote:
Anyone want to split a box of 40s with an exchange in Puyallup?

NO, DAMN YOU!

Must. Resist.

I was doing some mag organizing this morning, and it was a bit overwhelming. icon_eek

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a pack of 30s and a pack of 40s. I'll split with anyone who is interested. I'll be up in Lacey sometime in the next couple of weeks too if that helps at all.

Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JVK wrote:
Allow me to delivery an armchair opinion on these mags,

After seeing the positive reviews here and then looking into it elsewhere, i decided to order a couple GEN2 30RD WINDOW MAGS: https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/AK47-30RD-7-62x39-GEN2-WINDOW-MAGAZINE-W-2-FOLLOWERS-NOW-AVAILABLE-4p8170.htm

One thing i didn't notice until they arrived, is that they do not have steel feed lips. Anymore this alone will stop me from knowingly ordering certain polymer AK magazines.

Sure re-enforced lugs are nice, but in my exp not as important as steel lips - i've yet to have lugs wear down or break prior to something else becoming a problem. (re: poly)

I could kinda care less about BHO, can kinda go either way but prefer no BHO anymore, these come with an extra non-BHO follower but i'll probly just leave the BHO in

On the left, AC Unity GEN2, on the right Bulgy (w/steel lips)

The next thing i noticed is how low the rounds sit in the magazine, this has to be the lowest sitting of any mags i have, although i didn't exhaustively compare, a quick glance at others (steel+poly) this is noticeable. I just can't imagine the lack of round exposure here not being a problem for some AKs

On the final 30th round being put in (loaded/reloaded 2x) there's barely a fraction of measurement left in this magazine/spring, a solid dead end with no give at all after that. I guess because the rounds sit so low there probably wouldn't be an insertion problem on full mag, one would hope, but the hard dead-end after the 30th seems a bit different compared to others.

I cycled a mag and noticed some shavings from what i believe were the lips, but it seems after about the initial 5-7 rounds that dissipates. The low-seated rounds don't seem to be a problem but that wasn't a real test either.

I was kind of excited about these and had considered ordering more before seeing them in person, but after arrival i'm definitely stopping here and sorry to say i wouldn't recommend these based on above. I realize these aren't the GEN1's but i tend to doubt the GEN1's are better than the 2's

An alternative to consider is the bulgy steel lipped mags, they're kinda my go-to value poly mags.

I've been shooting AK's for 35 years this is the best deal you can find on a reliable ak mak. The polymer used is very strong. I don't tend to believe anyone who seems to look at a mag and tell people in a forum it's crap and you won't buy more. I've been selling these mags gen 1,2,and german contract since they came out hundreds of these mags not one person has come back and said they don't work or last. It's a 5.00 damb mag not a 40.00 Bulgarian that's way over priced. I used to sell those a long time ago when I could get them I bought them for 10.00 each when I purchased a 100 or more.

I also know Rober Johnson RTG parts hes5a great guy and looks for quality items all over Europe. I helped him 1 year think it was 2011 down at the SAR show in AZ . He has had a lot of cool stuff come through his hands and I personally will be buying more.

Rant off.

Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like anything, opinions vary, in 75 days you will wishing you ordered 100 of these. Stop nit-picking small details. They work, and they are cheap. Just sayin.

Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went ahead and bought a box of the 30-rounders, this was just too good of a deal to pass up especially with the mag ban almost upon us. I don't need 20 of these though, so is anyone in the Snohomish county area interested in a split? With the shipping charge these come out to a bit under $6 per mag, so $60 for 10 mags.

Sun May 29, 2022 11:14 am

Anyone place a recent order and not have it shipped yet? Placed mine on 6/2 and was charged but still "processing".

Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RTG has been slammed along with others. It has usually taken 5 to 7 days for shipments lately so if you don't hear from them soon give them a call. Also check your spam I've had a few drop in to mine before.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1BallJay wrote:
Anyone place a recent order and not have it shipped yet? Placed mine on 6/2 and was charged but still "processing".

I ordered in mid-May and it took 11 days from the time I ordered to arrive at my door. I think it was the better part of a work week before they actually shipped out.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dcss5055 wrote:
1BallJay wrote:

I ordered in mid-May and it took 11 days from the time I ordered to arrive at my door. I think it was the better part of a work week before they actually shipped out.

I'm surprised as of 6/9 they still have these in stock.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For those that need steel lips and lugs, take a look at Toth Tool magazines. Similar quality to Circle 10, and US made.

Divided we fall.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:45 am

My mags shipped yesterday from RTG. I am sure they are getting slammed. So time to get a few more mag (Evo, M4, 320's). Still haven't pulled the trigger on D50's yet.

Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:00 pm

Thanks for posting the deal Gasitman!

I live in Sammamish (Seattle Eastside) and will be ordering one of these sets. Anyone want to split an order?

Cheers!

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:54 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

rahulthewaffle wrote:
Thanks for posting the deal Gasitman!

I live in Sammamish (Seattle Eastside) and will be ordering one of these sets. Anyone want to split an order?

Cheers!

Welcome to WaGuns! :wavey:

My advice . . . place your order NOW. Not after you pee, not after you text your buddy. NOW.

Then figure out with whom you're going to split it....

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next