Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Winco - Boneless skinless chicken breast $1.48/lb 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
In all seriousness, not sure how people shop at Winco. Let alone buy meat there. Any bad experiences with meat or produce there?

never had a problem buying meat there, even lamb. Just the drive and I've butchered a cow so I got meat. as the chicken, naw I'd sooner go for thighs.

Same here Chris. My family buys plenty from Winco, without a problem. And I'm a thigh guy as well!
Also, as far as different / odd cuts, my wife tends to run slightly anemic so we have been buying beef heart at Winco for years. Lots of good iron content in organ meats of course, and my whole family actually really enjoys it. Used to run $1.68 / lb, I think Bidenflation has it way up at $1.99 / lb now, LOL! Their pre-seasoned leg quarters are tasty and a good deal when they're on sale too, for us thigh guys.....
For those who enjoy making salsa, Winco usually has the best price and best quality on tomatillos. Big fat fresh tomatillos, when many stores just have these little old shriveled things.
Their bulk section has lots of goodies from their spice/rub mixes (love the smoked paprika and hot chile powder) to whole vanilla beans. Yeah, I'm definitely a fan, but also shop lots of other places.
And yes, I totally support their non-union model too!

Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
Went to a Winco in Surprise, AZ a while back. Surprise is a good description -- big, roomy, very clean and well organized. Didn't compare to the store in Kent, but would that surprise anyone? :bigsmile:

Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
In all seriousness, not sure how people shop at Winco. Let alone buy meat there. Any bad experiences with meat or produce there?

In my opinion, WINCO got a huge bad rap initially because it is a Non-Union store (store/food market/grocery store chain). They offer food cheaper, don’t have huge selections of the major brands but do offer quality at affordable prices. I shop there all the time but live close to a store (Lacey). Never had a problem with any dairy, meet, chicken or seafood I have bought there. The store is clean, and staff are helpful. You got to keep your eye out with the products you buy as with anyplace you shop.

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shop at the Lacey store regularly. I probably buy 80% of my family's groceries there. Good value and as long as you don't shop during peak times, you can get in and out without fuss. To me, the "characters" that shop there are of no significance. I want a good value on my groceries, bottom line. I like the bakery, the meat is quality and a fantastic value, especially when they have sales like this. We buy this type of deal in bulk, vacuum seal and freeze. It just makes fiscal sense.

Last edited by Barfly on Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On a side note, Gibson's Custom Meats on Martin Way in Lacey currently has boneless/skinless breasts for $1.39/lb this week if you are buying by the case. They also have 85% lean burger at $2.49/lb (today only). Guess I'm going to have to buy another freezer, hehe.

Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
On a side note, Gibson's Custom Meats on Martin Way in Lacey currently has boneless/skinless breasts for $1.39/lb this week if you are buying by the case. They also have 85% lean burger at $2.49/lb (today only). Guess I'm going to have to buy another freezer, hehe.

Some of us learned to pull out and don't 11 kids! :ROFLMAO: If I had to feed your football team I'd shop there too.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:08 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gibson's is awesome... If you can stand the smell... That place is STANK!

Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:

They're out of stock.

Should have called first. Offered a rain check.

Jerky and pepperoni are just meh and don't hold a candle to Stewart's.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Jerky and pepperoni are just meh and don't hold a candle to Stewart's.

And Stewarts doesnt hold a candle to Double-T meats in Eatonville.

Stewarts isnt what it once was.

Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Barfly wrote:

Some of us learned to pull out and don't 11 kids! :ROFLMAO: If I had to feed your football team I'd shop there too.

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, well... everyone needs a hobby.

Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2