Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Winco - Boneless skinless chicken breast $1.48/lb 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attachment:
Screenshot_20221027_154901.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Wow, that's a screaming deal. If you're into that sort of thing. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In all seriousness, not sure how people shop at Winco. Let alone buy meat there. Any bad experiences with meat or produce there?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:45 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
In all seriousness, not sure how people shop at Winco. Let alone buy meat there. Any bad experiences with meat or produce there?

What’s wrong with winco? We don’t shop there often due to the distance but I’ve never heard anything bad about the stores themselves. And their “employee owned” model is kinda cool.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

never had a problem buying meat there, even lamb. Just the drive and I've butchered a cow so I got meat. as the chicken, naw I'd sooner go for thighs.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

No issue with meat or produce.

They did double charge me for an item once, at a store I don't normally go to... Only they would refund it, not my local store. It would cost more in fuel than the $2.89 or whatever they overcharged me by.

I had one of their contracted security guards threaten me and talk shit about me being white, but they fired the company and gave me a $100 gift card I told them I didn't want...lol. I also won one of their online promos for a $25 gift card for Kerrigold butter, of all things.

The few minor issues were taken care of pretty quickly....None of which had to do with the quality of their product.

Their customer service is pretty good. They are employee-owned, so their bonuses and whatnot come from their performance. Super friendly/helpful.

The times I've called and had them go the extra mile to set aside unopened cases of canned veggies and whatnot, or cook tortilla chips how I request, far FAR outweigh any minor inconvenience or issue I've had with them.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

No issue with meat or produce.

They did double charge me for an item once, at a store I don't normally go to... Only they would refund it, not my local store. It would cost more in fuel than the $2.89 or whatever they overcharged me by.

I had one of their contracted security guards threaten me and talk shit about me being white, but they fired the company and gave me a $100 gift card I told them I didn't want...lol. I also won one of their online promos for a $25 gift card for Kerrigold butter, of all things.

The few minor issues were taken care of pretty quickly....None of which had to do with the quality of their product.

Their customer service is pretty good. They are employee-owned, so their bonuses and whatnot come from their performance. Super friendly/helpful.

Guess I've been to 3 of them, all gross. Maybe it's just the patrons. I can see how you(or anyone), cam have problems there. Granted you are a magnet! Lol.
I dont like being herded through the store like cattle, it can only be that cheap at the cost of something. I'm not above saving money, I like Grocery Outlet as much as anyone. I just only buy certain things from certain places. I'd have no problem buying canned food, bulk foods, etc from Winco. Maybe I'm weird that way. I do appreciate the input guys.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

:lies:

Are you some kinda weirdo?

Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Nope. Well, not when it comes to grocery stores at least. I hunt, when I'm lucky I eat game. I buy in bulk and process my own meats otherwise. On rare occasions with sales, we will buy meat from a store.
Like I said, it doesn't seem like the best idea to buy meat from the cheapest possible supplier. I could be wrong, its happened once before.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At a buck 48 I may need to fill the freezer

Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:28 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Nope. Well, not when it comes to grocery stores at least. I hunt, when I'm lucky I eat game. I buy in bulk and process my own meats otherwise. On rare occasions with sales, we will buy meat from a store.
Like I said, it doesn't seem like the best idea to buy meat from the cheapest possible supplier. I could be wrong, its happened once before.

Poke around the meat section next time you’re there. They don’t have great cuts of steak or good premium stuff but they do have a lot of variety in the cuts available. Weird cuts, even. If I was looking for something oddball and not premium cut that’s probably where I’d look.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmm…

How deep dive does anyone want to go on this? :wink05:

Soooo, Sanderson Farms, the chicken producer in the pic, used to be based out of Laurel, Mississippi. They were sold to Cargill and Continental Grain Co. in July, for $4.5 billion.

But…. Cargill Inc., Sanderson Farms Inc., and Wayne Farms have signed an agreement with the Justice Department to pay $84.8 million in restitution, which has yet to be approved.

Apparently, the companies are accused of working together to keep wages and benefits from being competitive, and colluded for decades by sharing information.

So, apparently they’ve kept prices low by hurting farmers.

That’s not to say anything about Winco, just pointing out how the producer can sell products cheaper.

As far as quality, it’s also sold at Grocery Outlet, and Fred Meyer carries their whole chickens, and probably other parts to.

The more you know…

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Poke around the meat section next time you’re there. They don’t have great cuts of steak or good premium stuff but they do have a lot of variety in the cuts available. Weird cuts, even. If I was looking for something oddball and not premium cut that’s probably where I’d look.

I found some thin cut beef, that I'd only seen in hispanic stores before, for much cheaper than anywhere else. I posted about it when it was on sale last. It's perfect for anything that needs thin beef. Eg beef n broccoli, steak tacos/burritos, steak and cheese, etc.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:56 pm

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

No I've not had issues when I needed to buy something to fill my family's stomachs for a meal or two. I've raised my own chickens too and not always does the store bought chicken taste good as farm raised. It will serve on a plate just fine.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:18 am

Sinus211 wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

You are correct, those meat cuts aren't prime or even looking super great. I don't shop as often there now but usually I tend to buy my meats at the local butcher first and get a better cut. Just some days the wallet can't do it even if I know it. Grocery Outlet will get a lot of my money before I go to Safeway and QFC meat stores though. That's just outrageous now. I will say they have some good deals like Fred Meyer had for Prime Rib where it was 5.99 a lb at Christmas. Yeah. Sure did take a Giant ass set of ribs, cut it in half for us to eat, the other half I cut half into 8 steaks and kept the other whole. Mind you this was around 18 lbs. This would have been otherwise a 400 plus dollar purchase when the regular price (not being a member) was 18.99. That was indeed several meals. Processing like that and that good of a price couldn't keep me away unless something was seriously wrong with the meat.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next