Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Canik TPSFX $420 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.classicfirearms.com/century ... t=Tertiary

Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's a great deal. Those Canik's have outstanding Triggers and are very accurate.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Put a red dot on mine and LOVE it!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:24 pm

I wanted to snag one of these before the mag ban and quickly realized the mags were unattainable so I went a different route. But it was a great gun to try at the range.

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Schoolboy wrote:
I wanted to snag one of these before the mag ban and quickly realized the mags were unattainable so I went a different route. But it was a great gun to try at the range.

Bummer, you should've snagged one. The mags are the same MecGar body used for a bunch of other guns, so there are options. The Canik (made by MecGar) mags do come available once in a while, and did right after the mag ban took effect of course. But other options are things like Beretta and Taurus 92 mags - I picked up some MecGar Taurus PT92 mags before the ban for my Canik for this same reason; the mags are nearly identical except for the mag catch cutout is lower in the PT92 mags, so cutting new slots in them for the Canik makes them function perfectly. They were also fairly cheap, FWIW.

I picked up my TP9SFx for I think $375 from Skagit Arms the day before 1639 took effect, but I think prices have climbed significantly since then as people have figured out how good they are. Mine is a laser beam; easily the most accurate striker fired pistol I've owned (and I've had a lot of them), and has the best trigger too with just some very minor mods using factory Glock springs. My only complaint is that mounting an optic removes the rear sight; I believe they corrected this with the newer METE version.

One comment on that sweet trigger though - I personally would not carry it for self defense, especially not AIWB; it's a very light trigger and despite what some claim, it is a single action only system. Not like a Glock that partially cocks the striker with the trigger pull; this Canik holds the striker fully cocked and needs only a light trigger pull to disengage it, with no external safeties. But Canik built this model as a match gun anyway, and it's perfect for that.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
I wonder if one of these versions will go on sale....

https://www.canikusa.com/signature-series-miami

Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]