Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 PSA: Great Ammo Deals - No Tax 

This post isn't for a specific deal but for the online sites that are on a weekly basis having the best ammo deals.
mutinymachine.com
aeammo.com(tax)
shawarms.com
crateholdingsammo.com
Hope this helps y'all out.

Last edited by Icewater on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:59 pm

I have personal experience with shaw arms, they're GTG.

Are the others vetted by you or someone else?

Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:06 pm

Have used each one except munitymachine.com, but will be purchasing from them soon. Seems like a good source for tracer rounds. They also have Chilean 200 rd M193 Battle packs for 40cpr.

Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Icewater wrote:
Have used each one except munitymachine.com, but will be purchasing from them soon. Seems like a good source for tracer rounds. They also have Chilean 200 rd M193 Battle packs for 40cpr.

Out of stock...

Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I strongly encourage anyone who is patient and wants to stretch a buck to start shopping for ammo on Gunbroker. Don't let the sales tax or fees discourage you; even with those in effect, there are deals to be had that will beat anything else you can find, including many private sales. Recent scores include 980 rds of Federal Lake City M855 for $401 delivered, 1k rds of Fiocchi 9mm 147gr for $314 delivered, and 200 rds of Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor 140gr ELD Match for $157 delivered. And that's just ammo. It's a patient man's game, to be sure, but the payoff is worth it.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:39 am

I'm not convinced at all about gunbroker, sure you can score a good deal there but it usually requires you to sit on that site all day long and refresh it every 5 minutes because most of the stuff there if sold at reasonable price gets you screwed on shipping and fees. I find it frustrating when an item or ammo costs $100 but when you check out it's plus $30 shipping, 3% CC fee, 10% tax and suddenly it becomes $150. Ammoseek, websites like the ones listed or links from WAGuns and alike seem to be best for me.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

original_name wrote:
I'm not convinced at all about gunbroker, sure you can score a good deal there but it usually requires you to sit on that site all day long and refresh it every 5 minutes because most of the stuff there if sold at reasonable price gets you screwed on shipping and fees. I find it frustrating when an item or ammo costs $100 but when you check out it's plus $30 shipping, 3% CC fee, 10% tax and suddenly it becomes $150. Ammoseek, websites like the ones listed or links from WAGuns and alike seem to be best for me.

Many of the AmmoSeek sites are no different when it comes to exorbitant shipping costs. There's one that usually comes up as the cheapest, only to find out shipping is $60 for 4 boxes of ammo.

Maybe it's just me, but I never look at the sticker price of anything when I'm shopping online: I always look at the TOTAL cost of purchase. That's the only way to know if you're getting a good deal, or to fairly compare the cost of one purchase against another. So, if it's a Gunbroker auction, review the terms (shipping, tax, cc fees, etc.), do the math, and work backwards from the total cost you want it to be, to figure out what you're bid should be. For example, if you're bidding on 1k rds of 5.56, and you want it for no more than $0.40/rd delivered, and shipping is $40, tax is 10.5%, the cc fee is 3%, and GB charges 1% on top, then you know your max bid is $308.30. To calculate, divide $400 by 1.03, which is the 3% fee to pay by card, and you get $388.35. Divide that by 1.115, which is the sales tax and the GB fee combined, and you get $348.30. Subtract $40 for shipping, and you have a max bid price of $308.30. Simply place your max bid and walk away; no need to stay glued to the listing until it closes. This has been a winning approach for me, and as long as you're willing to search through the listings to find auctions worth bidding on, then there's plenty of good deals to go around.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:37 am

Aeammo just started charging tax but did recently order some 200rd m855 fiocchi battle packs from shawarms for 40cpr and 124gr Hst from crateholdingsammo for 61cpr shipped.
At the moment it seems like you can find 124gr 9mm from various brands (Blazer,Fiocchi,Magtech, Etc.) for about 26cpr shipped.
Never used gunbroker but will check it out. I've always found good deals with ammoseek.com; makes it easy to set multiple alerts for specific ammos and get notified immediately. But if you ever want to see feedback/reviews for a online shop use r/gundeals or r/gundealsFU via reddit.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have purchased several cases of ammo form this company. No Tax and Free shipping. The prices vary with the market.

https://www.bereli.com/
:thumbsup2:
:popcorn:
:bonghit:
:party1:

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I never look at the sticker price of anything when I'm shopping online: I always look at the TOTAL cost of purchase. That's the only way to know if you're getting a good deal, or to fairly compare the cost of one purchase against another.

This is what I look for in ammo. There is also how the company ships and customer service as needed. I look for free shipping promotions as well as the price of the ammo. Some companies are no tax, some not. Across the board, I have had very good ammo with Freedom and LAX Ammo. I post the shipping promotions when I get the alerts. Some calibers they do not have so you have to look around.

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:24 am

Hear ya, bereli is gtg. They have a good deal on federal 75gr TMJ.223: 500rds for $310 - 62cpr.
https://www.bereli.com/shooting/ammunit ... _c2e50ee6d

Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bereli is one of my favorites. Sadly, they charge sales tax now in 2023. It's getting extremely hard to find online retailers who don't.

Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:41 am

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I never look at the sticker price of anything when I'm shopping online: I always look at the TOTAL cost of purchase.

No, it's not just you. ;)

I was part of a group chat where we'd share info like this. I found a screaming deal on 9mm (at the time; I don't remember the actual price), say $.36/rd and I saw that it was free shipping over $200. Done. I shared the deal and get a reply from one gem of a guy "that's too expensive, I can get the same stuff for $.34/round." He sends that link and I go through the process and it's $40+ shipping. That bumps it up to $.39/round.

What most people don't know is that companies make money on shipping, too. They may charge you $25, but it's only costing them $21 from FedEx. And that's where you also get the differences of shipping cost amongst sellers. 1000rds of 9mm weighs pretty much the same across brands (packaging minimally affects it). So why does "Ammo 4 Less" charge 2x the shipping rate "Cheap Ammo 4 You"? Their shipping contract and taking a little more on the backend.

You can also do this with Amazon. A lot of "Prime" products can be found cheaper w/o the 2-day shipping. Not that the 2-day shipping counts for anything anymore. My orders routinely miss the 2-day window. I get back at AMZN by being petty. I'll order multiple things and have them be delivered individually. Counter-intuitive, I know, but I don't know if I'll be supporting AMZN much in the future.

Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]