Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Aberlour A'bunadh Alba 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Found this at Costco in Lynnwood and Woodinville. It's $114.99+tax at Total Wine.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Calling Breck, Steve and Jacy....

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was at Costco a few weeks ago. I saw a pallet with cases of Johnny Walker Blue stacked three high. It was on a rack about eight feet up. I'd hate to be the fork lift operator who screws that up.

Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
catbird wrote:
I was at Costco a few weeks ago. I saw a pallet with cases of Johnny Walker Blue stacked three high. It was on a rack about eight feet up. I'd hate to be the fork lift operator who screws that up.

To further side track, .... At the Costco in my area:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve had that Louis xiii and it’s actually meh lol

I think I honestly prefer much much cheaper bourbon, but I may not be a cognac person. Also, most likely, I just don’t know how to appreciate fine cognac. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:39 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Mr. Q wrote:
I think I honestly prefer much much cheaper bourbon, but I may not be a cognac person. Also, most likely, I just don’t know how to appreciate fine cognac. Lol

I'm with you. Give me my corn whiskey any day. Except I tend to lean toward the pricier stuff. :wink05:

(As far as Scotch goes, I do have a 40-yr Glenfarclas that I keep meaning to open, but I'm afraid I won't like it and will hurt the value by cracking that cork.)

Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have such a coarse palette, I cant distinguish $3000 scotch from $6000.

Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:46 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ooh damn. I really enjoy Aberlour for the sherry cask finish. Might have to make a special trip to Costco. The barrel proof bottles really amplify the flavors.

Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What's the difference between Scotch and Bourbon anyway? Wait, didn't i attend a couple whisky tastings? Jeez I'm a heathen. :facepalm2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:56 pm

usrifle wrote:
What's the difference between Scotch and Bourbon anyway? Wait, didn't i attend a couple whisky tastings? Jeez I'm a heathen. :facepalm2:

Bourbon must be; made in the USA, 51% corn, distilled no higher than 160proof, but can't be barreled above 125proof, barrel must a new charred American oak, final product must be at least 80proof.

Scotch must be; made in Scotland, minimum of 80proof, Contain no added substances other than water and plain E150A, must contain malt barley and or other whole grains, main distillation must not exceed 190proof, any oak barrel that is smaller than 185gallons, and be 3yrs old at time of bottling.

Last edited by Schoolboy on Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:47 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Schoolboy wrote:
but can't be barreled above 125proof

This is Elijah Craig barrel proof “Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey.” Uncut straight from the barrel” 128.3 proof. Is Elijah Craig bending the rules?

Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:18 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Schoolboy wrote:
final product must be at least 80proof.

Fixed it. Plenty of amazing higher proof bourbons out there. Sinus' ECBP SP, for instance. In fact, ECBP is one of the best deals in bourbon, regardless of batch or pick. :thumbsup2:

Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:50 am

Sinus211 wrote:
Schoolboy wrote:
but can't be barreled above 125proof

This is Elijah Craig barrel proof “Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey.” Uncut straight from the barrel” 128.3 proof. Is Elijah Craig bending the rules?

No, so my understanding is that even though the distiller puts the spirit into a barrel at say 125proof, it's not uncommon for the aged spirit to actually come out at a higher proof due to the interactions with the barrel and the temperature of the climate.

DGM33 wrote:
Schoolboy wrote:

Fixed it. Plenty of amazing higher proof bourbons out there. Sinus' ECBP SP, for instance. In fact, ECBP is one of the best deals in bourbon, regardless of batch or pick. :thumbsup2:

Ya I oops that.

Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:10 pm

The one I'm trying to find for a decent price is the Ardbeg Uigeadail.

Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:14 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

DGM33 wrote:
Schoolboy wrote:

Cheers to that! That bottle was looking on its last legs so I poured it into a rocks glass with a couple ice cubes. Great flavor but 128 proof is a little above my preferred sipping strength. :bigsmile:

Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next