Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Survival AR Stock 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OD green $73, free shipping. Magazine will store in stock.
https://www.themakogroup.com/stocks-sto ... l-mag.html

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
OD green $73, free shipping. Magazine will store in stock.
https://www.themakogroup.com/stocks-sto ... l-mag.html

Hmmm.....What is that, a 10rd mag in that buttstock? No offense Chuck, but that just looks like an over priced gimmick buttstock to me.
Even at the 73 dollar "Sale" price in OD. Regularly 122? icon_eek Might make a decent rear Monopod with a 20 or 30rd mag though.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can even stick a 60 round pmag in there. Don't like the deal........Don't buy it.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
You can even stick a 60 round pmag in there. Don't like the deal........Don't buy it.

My point has more to do with the practicality of sticking anything other than a 10rd mag in it. If you are prone, (or frankly offhand since a 30rd mag would be riding your chest) it just seems silly to me.

I assure you, i won't be buying it.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

My point has more to do with the practicality of sticking anything other than a 10rd mag in it. If you are prone, (or frankly offhand since a 30rd mag would be riding your chest) it just seems silly to me.

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9:
Prone? That will be the day when my old ass lies on the ground. :bonghit:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
usrifle wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9:
Prone? That will be the day when my old ass lies on the ground. :bonghit:

Silly, you turn the rifle sideways to do a combat crawl. Magazine won't matter.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got mine. It came with a ten round mag. Very well built, and a "high capacity clip" wold work well on a bench. I put it on my hunting rifle. (300 BO)

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was curious about the stock. Seems like an interesting idea. I don't know. Longer mags might interfere but dunno. Maybe not.

I'll be curious for a report.

I used this down range and it's an affordable second option.

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Buttst ... B004T19VIS

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Well....since it was designed and supplied with a spare mag which wouldn’t cause any of the issues you would have with it...your point seems to be baseless. All reports are that they are well made (in Israel) and if I’m not mistaken, perform exactly as designed. 10 extra rnds in a space otherwise wasted. So your complaining about extra bullets?

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Just got mine. It came with a ten round mag. Very well built, and a "high capacity clip" wold work well on a bench. I put it on my hunting rifle. (300 BO)

Let's see some pics of the finished product.

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
usrifle wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Well....since it was designed and supplied with a spare mag which wouldn’t cause any of the issues you would have with it...your point seems to be baseless. All reports are that they are well made (in Israel) and if I’m not mistaken, perform exactly as designed. 10 extra rnds in a space otherwise wasted. So your complaining about extra bullets?

While an interesting idea, and cool innovation, and yes, making use of "wasted" space. It doesn't really excite me too much. For the price of $75 on sale, or $125 normally, I'd have zero interest.

Other awesome stocks are $30-50. Hi performing, light weight, etc.

And sometimes "wasted" space is good, as it means a lighter rifle. For instance, the Mission Tactical stock isn't wasted space, it's lighter weight. I suspect with the OP stock, you're adding not only a lot of cost but also a lot of weight for 10 additional rounds. Nah. Far better ways to carry more ammo for less money...

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
RockHopper wrote:
usrifle wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

While an interesting idea, and cool innovation, and yes, making use of "wasted" space. It doesn't really excite me too much. For the price of $75 on sale, or $125 normally, I'd have zero interest.

Other awesome stocks are $30-50. Hi performing, light weight, etc.

And sometimes "wasted" space is good, as it means a lighter rifle. For instance, the Mission Tactical stock isn't wasted space, it's lighter weight. I suspect with the OP stock, you're adding not only a lot of cost but also a lot of weight for 10 additional rounds. Nah. Far better ways to carry more ammo for less money...

This....almost all my AR's have the Minimalist stock. Each to their own I guess.
:popcorn:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Or if you think you might really need a second magazine attached to the rifle, there's a $5 option.

https://ii.cheaperthandirt.com/fcgi-bin ... 0&cvt=jpeg

Or you can jungle tape them (duct tape them together, upside down). Dunno if the ammo will stay in, but with a magpul style top or a simple piece of duct tape over the top of the expose mag, you should get GTG. A almost free and effective option... used around the globe with different platforms.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]