Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Makita air compressor 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Home Depot closing out the MAC 5200 air compressors for half price. Was $350 now $175

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Home Depot closing out the MAC 5200 air compressors for half price. Was $350 now $175

Just don't 'install it yourself', or you'll void your warranty. LOL :wink05: :ROFLMAO:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:40 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Hmm. Still shows full price online, and not available in my local stores. Darn.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Yup I'm not seeing it at that price.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guess it is an in-store deal only. I know I got the last one in the federal way HD

Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I called my local Home Depot (Bellingham) and was told that it is an on-line only product, but that a few stores do have it. I was told as of right now 4/18/2018 at 7:17 p.m. that the only stores that have it in western Washington are Sequim, Redmonds, Kent, and South Center. The Home Depot employee that I spoke with didn't tell me the price of the compressor at those stores, but if you're close it could be worth a shot. Those stores are too far for me to drive, but maybe this will help someone else.

Oh, and thanks for posting this deal, Arisaka. I got pretty excited there for a second. It looks like a good compressor to run air tools.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:20 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Border Dave wrote:
I called my local Home Depot (Bellingham) and was told that it is an on-line only product, but that a few stores do have it. I was told as of right now 4/18/2018 at 7:17 p.m. that the only stores that have it in western Washington are Sequim, Redmonds, Kent, and South Center. The Home Depot employee that I spoke with didn't tell me the price of the compressor at those stores, but if you're close it could be worth a shot. Those stores are too far for me to drive, but maybe this will help someone else.

Oh, and thanks for posting this deal, Arisaka. I got pretty excited there for a second. It looks like a good compressor to run air tools.

Same, Thanks Arisaka.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry it didn't work out for you guys. On the upside, at least you both live far away from Seattle! Wish I did

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Nice compressor and a great price but keep in mind that due to the somewhat low tank capacity it will struggle to keep up with anything that is medium to high demand. A buddy who also has a flooring company runs this compressor and it struggles to keep up with both of us while we're nailing. It's also ridiculously heavy.

I run a Bostich pancake compressor with a 6 gallon tank. It's not as powerful as this Makita but due to the slightly higher tank capacity it keeps up a bit better. It also weighs about a 1/3 what this Makita weighs and was $120 with a 25' hose and 18 gauge finish nailer included.

Food for thought from my personal experience.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Nice compressor and a great price but keep in mind that due to the somewhat low tank capacity it will struggle to keep up with anything that is medium to high demand. A buddy who also has a flooring company runs this compressor and it struggles to keep up with both of us while we're nailing. It's also ridiculously heavy.

I run a Bostich pancake compressor with a 6 gallon tank. It's not as powerful as this Makita but due to the slightly higher tank capacity it keeps up a bit better. It also weighs about a 1/3 what this Makita weighs and was $120 with a 25' hose and 18 gauge finish nailer included.

Food for thought from my personal experience.

Make yourself an air pig out of an old propane tank.

Things are indestructible compared to a normal compressor tank.

Take out the valve, what you have left fits a normal 3/4 pipe thread. Go from there...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]