Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-raz ... scope.html

If you are looking to buy a Razor Gen II now is the time. Also comes with Vortex Defender Scope caps. My MIL discount with Vortex can't beat this price.

$2537.00 - 14% = $2,181.82 Plus you get a $250 Gift Card = $1931.82

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not sure if you're referring to Expert Voice (formerly Experticity) but I just took the plunge on this Vortex product and this is what I found:

Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50mm Riflescope, Color: Black, Tube Diameter: 30 mm with the VMR-1 MRAD

Experticity

$473.99 List Price
$2.00 Processing Fee
$46.18 Tax
$10 Flat Rate Shipping

$532.17 Total to my doorstep

Optics Planet

$568 List Price
-$79.66 (14%) with code MMVTX14
$00.00 Free Value Shipping

$489.33 Total to my doorstep

Guess which one I chose? It just surprised me because Expert Voice started out cheaper but as I began the check out process it kept adding up cha ching, cha ching, cha ching.... It was kind of deceiving. A little disappointed as a fan of Expert Voice in the past.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nope, was referring directly to Vortex. They offer an excellent MIL/LEO discount but every once in a while Optics Planet will offer a deal which is better.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
Nope, was referring directly to Vortex. They offer an excellent MIL/LEO discount but every once in a while Optics Planet will offer a deal which is better.

I didn't realize that Vortex sells direct. When I try to use my Mil/LE discount the Vortex website refers me to the Expert Voice website. Do you have a link for direct purchase?

Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You will need to email tvogel@vortexoptics.com and he'll have you send your credentials to qualify you.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:16 am

This is an amazing scope for the money. Ordered a GA Precision ar10 2 years ago and had them order one and mount it. No complaints, though I had to pay extra for the lens covers. The scope is not a lightweight, but is rock solid. Really good glass for the price.

On a side note for anyone thinking of picking up a spotting scope with a ranging reticle, Vortex discontinued the fixed 30x eyepiece for the 20-60x80, but are developing one for the 27-60 model, and they say they hope to have it ready for Shot Show. aaoptics.com occasionally gets refurbed 20-60 scopes with the 30x reticle and I've been watching for the next batch.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]