Switch to full style
Find a sweet deal? Want to help others locate an unusual item? Post it here!

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!
Post a reply

Re: CHEAP AR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:10 am

OhShoot! wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
L_O_G wrote:Id rather spend the extra $50-100 and get an AR without a polymer lower.

Tennessee Arms Co. makes an excellent polymer lower. I have several with high round counts and zero problems ever. If you ever have a problem they will send you a new lower, for life. How many aluminum lower manufacturers have a life time warranty?

Just because they have a lifetime warranty, doesn't always mean that's the only reason why you should buy it. If that was the case, Hi Point would be the most popular selling pistol on the market.

5 years and 10k rounds later of my own usage on 2 of their lowers is proof enough for me.

Um, cool. :thumbsup2:

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:18 am

L_O_G wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
L_O_G wrote:Id rather spend the extra $50-100 and get an AR without a polymer lower.

Tennessee Arms Co. makes an excellent polymer lower. I have several with high round counts and zero problems ever. If you ever have a problem they will send you a new lower, for life. How many aluminum lower manufacturers have a life time warranty?

Just because they have a lifetime warranty, doesn't always mean that's the only reason why you should buy it. If that was the case, Hi Point would be the most popular selling pistol on the market.

5 years and 10k rounds later of my own usage on 2 of their lowers is proof enough for me.

Um, cool. :thumbsup2:

:thumbsup2:

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:03 pm

The Forged and Billet lowers are not that much more in weight than the composite material lowers. I had a couple of Plum Crazy lowers and as far as I am concerned, they are crap. I will go with metal over these plastic lowers any day in the AR Platform. Just my opinion.

Re: CHEAP AR!!!!!!!!!!!! Round II

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:04 am

New deal.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:02 am

OhShoot! wrote:

You dont need a warranty on a piece of aluminum....

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:08 am

AR15L wrote:New deal.

Bear creek is bottom of the barrel. Like the bottom of the stuff that settles at the bottom of the barrel. Ar prices are so stupid cheap right now that spending $100 more gets you a large bump up in quality. Psa would be the lowest I go and it would only be a range gun, not something I'd put in a defense roll

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 am

icon_eek Who installed that trigger guard roll pin? icon_eek

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:23 am

dreadi wrote:icon_eek Who installed that trigger guard roll pin? icon_eek

Mini Jack Hammer

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:24 am

We had this guy in Tacoma do it. Black something rather...

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:31 am

I have 4 AR barrels, 2x 300 Blackout, 2x 223 Wylde, and 3x Glock barrels from BCA. All have met or exceeded expectations. Just have to test them (like any new barrel/gun) to ensure they meet the standard. I also have a Ballistic Advantage barrel and an Aero branded (also Ballistic Advantage) barrel both in 223 Wylde. Are they better? Yes. But not to the point I don't trust the BCA barrels.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:52 am

Bear Creek Arsenal Has much bigger problems to worry about right about now. Seems they got caught with some undocumented workers in their shop.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:59 am

SFCRMSA wrote:Bear Creek Arsenal Has much bigger problems to worry about right about now. Seems they got caught with some undocumented workers in their shop.
Yeah, curious how that plays out.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:38 am

beckdw wrote:I have 4 AR barrels, 2x 300 Blackout, 2x 223 Wylde, and 3x Glock barrels from BCA. All have met or exceeded expectations. Just have to test them (like any new barrel/gun) to ensure they meet the standard. I also have a Ballistic Advantage barrel and an Aero branded (also Ballistic Advantage) barrel both in 223 Wylde. Are they better? Yes. But not to the point I don't trust the BCA barrels.

Ive never had to test a barrel to see if it was good.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 am

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
beckdw wrote:I have 4 AR barrels, 2x 300 Blackout, 2x 223 Wylde, and 3x Glock barrels from BCA. All have met or exceeded expectations. Just have to test them (like any new barrel/gun) to ensure they meet the standard. I also have a Ballistic Advantage barrel and an Aero branded (also Ballistic Advantage) barrel both in 223 Wylde. Are they better? Yes. But not to the point I don't trust the BCA barrels.

Ive never had to test a barrel to see if it was good.

So you just buy something, slap it in, and hope it works? You have a lot more faith in humanity than I. Even Glock "Perfection" has failed out of the box. Not a chance in hell I put my life in the hands of something I haven't tested. Nor would I drive out to my buddy's family ranch in MT to hunt prairie dogs without putting 1-200rds through a new barrel.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Pablo wrote:

Mini Jack Hammer

Kgbsucka wrote:

We had this guy in Tacoma do it. Black something rather...

Mini Black Jack Hammer?
Post a reply