Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Sprint : Unlimited talk/txt/data for $25/month 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.androidcentral.com/thrifter ... march-2019

For those that aren't power users, this is perfect.

I have the older (cheaper) version of this plan and have no issues with it, and no lag/delay.

If you don't wanna risk taking your number to sprint and being dissatisfied, you can get a Google voice number and port the number out of Google TO Sprint...

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans/unlimited-kickstart.html

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got the $15/mo plan and (mostly) love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
I got the $15/mo plan and (mostly) love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had zero issues. no slow downs, even using 100+gb/month

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I just looked into this. Maybe this is good for some but doesn't make sense for me.

My current provider was $60 per month; I called and their loyalty dept dropped it to $50 per month. It'd be nice to have a new phone but that's a luxury right now. New phones are expensive, and it's $30 to unlock it. So now I'm paying $600 per year. Not great but not terrible.

Update: I just called my provider again and leaned on them pretty hard. They dropped my rate another $8 to $42/mo. and are sending me a brand new Samsung J7 $150 phone and waiving the connection fee... So using this deal as leverage really worked out well. Thanks TW!!!

Switching is a hassle and you never know how it's going to work.

I ran the numbers on Sprint's $25 kickstarter. It requires bringing your old phone (not all will work) or buying a new phone and they give you $100 rebate. Seems too good to be true. Well they have very limited phone selection and the prices start around $200 for low-end phones, and soar up to $400 and top out at $1200...

Note, the kickstarter program is $30 and you get a $5 discount if you use their autopay, which I detest those requirements.

I ran the numbers with the best lowest price phone by LG or Samsung, $250. Or $150 with their rebate. But I don't like the limited phone selections...

$25x12 = $300
$30 activation
$150 for the phone and $25 in taxes/fees.

Year 1 is $505.
Year 2 is $300 and so forth.

So this might work for some people. For me, I'm on the fence. The hassle and unknown with Sprint may or may not be worth the relatively small savings. Real savings don't happen until year two.

I'd encourage others to call their current provider and use this deal as leverage to get a lower rate, as I did. My provider dropped my deal to $42/mo. and is mailing me a free $250 phone and waiving the connection fee....!!!

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:41 pm

Who is your carrier and how hard did you have to lean on them?
I've been rocking a J3 for 3+ years now and don't really mind it.... but I would like to step up to a J7.
I'm with AT&T and they're gouging me for $65/month now....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:58 am

I dont know aboit you guys on sprint now, but my service has been super sketchy for 8months or so. I don't know if its them working to upgrade to 5g or what....

Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We just redid the our setup to these, seems to be decent reception around so far, 4 unlimited lines, free screen covers (waived hookup fees instead, so a wash really) iPhone XR,s. After first month 171 a month for actually 5 lines as the promo gave us a free lg phone and line, plus a credit union , deposit something to start and we’re just gonna use it to pay the phone bill. But this gives back $500 every 6 months,, holy hell..I actually don’t feel like I needed lube walking out of a phone shop..

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mustangfreek wrote:
We just redid the our setup to these, seems to be decent reception around so far, 4 unlimited lines, free screen covers (waived hookup fees instead, so a wash really) iPhone XR,s. After first month 171 a month for actually 5 lines as the promo gave us a free lg phone and line, plus a credit union , deposit something to start and we’re just gonna use it to pay the phone bill. But this gives back $500 every 6 months,, holy hell..I actually don’t feel like I needed lube walking out of a phone shop..

4x25 = 100

How did it get to 171? this plan isn't eligible to lease phones, so if you're leasing phones, you're NOT on this plan, unless something changed.

Something doesn't add up.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Uh sorry

I’m not sure what exact deal this was and I was wrong it was 150 something..insurance on the phones probably is what it is.. it the 4 XR phones...uh not sure we were paying more for way less and old phones..

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mustangfreek wrote:
Uh sorry

I’m not sure what exact deal this was and I was wrong it was 150 something..insurance on the phones probably is what it is.. it the 4 XR phones...uh not sure we were paying more for way less and old phones..

I wanna make sure you're on the plan you want... because some dealers/reps are shady as hell, and will lie to you and sign you up for crap because they get bigger commissions on it.

Most of these promos mean no or very little commission, so they try to push something else so they get $$$....

Just make sure it is what you want and you're OK with it.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]