Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I5 guns 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got my suppressor there a couple of days ago, and this guy Tom sat in the seat in front of the computer so I had to have him move so I could do my 4473. I had flashbacks of buying at Cabelas it took so long.

OK, just kidding. I recommend I-5 to customers all the time when they need something Cabela's can't provide. Thank you I-5, and the ATF for getting my suppressor in a timely fashion. I will miss you guys.

BTW, why do I have to do a BGC for a suppressor after I get a tax stamp from ATF who already cleared me?????

Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
BTW, why do I have to do a BGC for a suppressor after I get a tax stamp from ATF who already cleared me?????

For the childrunz...duh.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Just got my suppressor there a couple of days ago, and this guy Tom sat in the seat in front of the computer so I had to have him move so I could do my 4473. I had flashbacks of buying at Cabelas it took so long.

OK, just kidding. I recommend I-5 to customers all the time when they need something Cabela's can't provide. Thank you I-5, and the ATF for getting my suppressor in a timely fashion. I will miss you guys.

You shouldn't unless you bought on a Trust.

ATF clears the Trust. FBI NICS clears the Trustee picking it up

Ah..That makes sense.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:39 pm

RCW 9.41.113
Firearm sales or transfers—Background checks—Requirements—Exceptions.
(1) All firearm sales or transfers, in whole or part in this state including without limitation a sale or transfer where either the purchaser or seller or transferee or transferor is in Washington, shall be subject to background checks unless specifically exempted by state or federal law.

Let's not get into the definition thing of firearms unless you are an elected official or a government official and can get an opinion from the attorney general. Or are willing to pay the legal fees for the dealer that wants to to risk his/her license.

RCW 9.41.090
Dealer deliveries regulated—Hold on delivery.

(2)(a) Except as provided in (b) of this subsection, in determining whether the purchaser meets the requirements of RCW 9.41.040, the chief of police or sheriff, or the designee of either, shall check with the national crime information center, the Washington state patrol electronic database, the department of social and health services electronic database, and with other agencies or resources as appropriate, to determine whether the applicant is ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm.
(b) Once the system is established, a dealer shall use the state system and national instant criminal background check system, provided for by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (18 U.S.C. Sec. 921 et seq.), to make criminal background checks of applicants to purchase firearms. However, a chief of police or sheriff, or a designee of either, shall continue to check the department of social and health services' electronic database and with other agencies or resources as appropriate, to determine whether applicants are ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm.

2a no longer applies since NICS came on line, and yes this section is mostly for pistols, but it says firearm, not pistol.

This section is also why we still have to do the NICS check even with a CPL issued after 2012 when the ATF said we are a NICS exempt state. The DOL did ask the ATF, who said that the federal law in this case does not supersede state law, and that the federal law specifically says a license it not granted by the feds... blah blah... doesn't really make sense other than a bureaucrat not wanting to give a definitive answer when it should have been answered by the state in the first place.
But it does create precedence.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 pm

In states that don't have such contradictory and mixed up laws, the 4473 would still need to be done since it's also the over the counter transfer record, but the box saying no NICS check needed since it's a NFA firearm. Even for trusts it shouldn't be needed anymore because the ATF NFA branch has the FBI do the check on all responsible parties/trustees... but the ATF hasn't put anything like that on paper yet.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 pm

Quote:
Glad to hear it isn't just me. There old location everyone there was friendly,asked if I needed help as soon as I walked in,not that big guy,he just had a pissy attitude. I don't think I'll go there again,there's another shop just down from them that has more stuff and friendly people working there,I haven't been in there new store yet...but I will go there when I get home.

I had the same experience with the same guy. I had to greet him when I came in. He pretty much dismissed me after that. As I left, I yelled out "thanks guys!" and nobody even acknowledged me.

Once and done. South Sound is the only local store that has made me feel welcome since I moved down here. They have great prices on ammo, decent prices on guns, they don't charge for transfers and the staff is super friendly. They've earned my business.

Fri May 31, 2019 7:06 pm

Beretta Dave wrote:
Quote:
Glad to hear it isn't just me. There old location everyone there was friendly,asked if I needed help as soon as I walked in,not that big guy,he just had a pissy attitude. I don't think I'll go there again,there's another shop just down from them that has more stuff and friendly people working there,I haven't been in there new store yet...but I will go there when I get home.

I had the same experience with the same guy. I had to greet him when I came in. He pretty much dismissed me after that. As I left, I yelled out "thanks guys!" and nobody even acknowledged me.

Once and done. South Sound is the only local store that has made me feel welcome since I moved down here. They have great prices on ammo, decent prices on guns, they don't charge for transfers and the staff is super friendly. They've earned my business.

When was this? Recently? That guy has been gone for almost a year.
If recent, and I think it might be because I remember someone doing something like that, you were greeted by two people at the other counter, and I "dismissed" you as you put it because I was submitting a background check for the guy that was standing in front of me. So I apologize for not blowing off someone I was already helping because you didn't notice two people greet you and ask if you needed anything.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:17 am

Unicorn wrote:
Beretta Dave wrote:
Quote:

When was this? Recently? That guy has been gone for almost a year.
If recent, and I think it might be because I remember someone doing something like that, you were greeted by two people at the other counter, and I "dismissed" you as you put it because I was submitting a background check for the guy that was standing in front of me. So I apologize for not blowing off someone I was already helping because you didn't notice two people greet you and ask if you needed anything.

I don't know who you are, but if you were the guy on the computer, I was the only person in the store, other than the three people that worked there. The guy at the computer, the bald guy that interacted with me just a bit, and a younger guy.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2