Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 TriStar Customer service is A++ 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So a Little over a Year ago i bought a NIB TriStar Upland Hunter O/U for my Son to see if he liked Shooting Trap. The Upland Hunter is an inexpensive Field gun, but i wasn't going "all in" unless he liked Trap.
Fast forward, he liked Trap and the Gun saw 2500 rounds in that period of time. The problems started with the Barrel Locking lever going past the neutral position, which on an O/U means serious wear. This is a Field gun though, it wasn't meant to be pounded like a purpose build Trap Gun and i wasn't particularly shocked by that.
The last time we went two weeks ago it "locked up" on him and wouldn't break open. He didn't tell me the 1st time, but when it happened a second time i noticed.
I immediately took the gun out of service in the middle of a round and thought that was the end of the Upland Hunter. I did manage to get it unlocked, then closed the action again and took it home.
Couple days go by and i started fiddling with it. I had to use a block of Wood to beat it open and then took the action apart just to see what failed.
I could see the Lever as well as the Plunger tube had serious wear and called Tristar to see about parts. They asked me what the Serial number was and they told me it was still under Warranty after being imported in 2016.
The told me to send it in and they would cover parts but i may have to pay an hour or so of Labor. So i bagged up the parts, wrapped the Barrel and stock, threw it in a Palmetto Box and sent it in on June 5th.
I was surprised to get an e-mail notification from Fed Ex on the 12th i had a Package coming....from TriStar.
Shotgun arrived yesterday good as new! Action tight, Locking lever smooth and back to the plus side of Neutral. I never got a call or a bill and there was no Paperwork in the brand new TriStar box they sent it back in.
So a big :thumbsup2: for TriStar! It only cost me the Shipping back to them and saved me a butt load of Money not having to buy my Son a new Shotgun.
Thanks TriStar!! :wagwoot:

EDIT: Found the Paperwork they sent, missed it at first. They replaced the Locking Block and the Top lever and test fired it. GTG.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Last edited by usrifle on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:41 am

:thumbsup2:

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Awesome. Great to hear!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]