Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Thumbs down for MCCallen Defense 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Recently had an interesting interaction with this shop. I’d seen some firearms advertised on here before that seemed like my taste so I decided to check them out. I asked who I believe to be the owner a question and it got pretty awkward for no reason. I felt talked down to and slighted. Could have been a simple mis-communication and even if it was, it could have been fixed but wasn’t. Clearly whoever I talked to has better things to do than talk with potential customers. Too bad, I saw several items (and guns) I wanted and within my price range. Won’t be back.

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, Glock 29 G3/G4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

That’s too bad! I’ve had some great interactions with them and picked up some awesome toys there. Sorry you had a bad experience. But thanks for sharing it.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Could have been a one time thing. IDK. I really mean the too bad part, because I did see several firearms that I believe were good deals.....At least it was better than Moe at federal Way discount years ago telling me that a ww2 era 1911 “wasn’t for me” and wouldn’t let me look at it. Little did he know I had the cash and love old historical crap to blow it on. Total blunder and I’ve never respected him since.

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, Glock 29 G3/G4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UB40 wrote:
Could have been a one time thing. IDK. I really mean the too bad part, because I did see several firearms that I believe were good deals.....At least it was better than Moe at federal Way discount years ago telling me that a ww2 era 1911 “wasn’t for me” and wouldn’t let me look at it. Little did he know I had the cash and love old historical crap to blow it on. Total blunder and I’ve never respected him since.

Moe is a weasel dick.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
UB40 wrote:

Moe is a weasel dick.

+1000

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UB40 wrote:

I walked out of his shop 15 years ago and never went back. I was there to Purchase a 1000 dollar FAL and after getting jacked around over the advertised price and then the Clerk spewing my personal info over the Phone at the Counter in front of everyone in the store for the NICS check i walked out.
He looked surprised when i said i was pissed and walked, fuck him.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:19 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

usrifle wrote:
UB40 wrote:

I walked out of his shop 15 years ago and never went back. I was there to Purchase a 1000 dollar FAL and after getting jacked around over the advertised price and then the Clerk spewing my personal info over the Phone at the Counter in front of everyone in the store for the NICS check i walked out.

I assume you mean Moe at FWDG. Not to be confused with Chris at McCallen.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:18 am
FFL / Dealer

UB40 wrote:
Recently had an interesting interaction with this shop. I’d seen some firearms advertised on here before that seemed like my taste so I decided to check them out. I asked who I believe to be the owner a question and it got pretty awkward for no reason. I felt talked down to and slighted. Could have been a simple mis-communication and even if it was, it could have been fixed but wasn’t. Clearly whoever I talked to has better things to do than talk with potential customers. Too bad, I saw several items (and guns) I wanted and within my price range. Won’t be back.

Sorry to hear that you had such an experience here at the shop. Could you illiterate on the situation so that we can not have this issue with future customers? Sometimes we get stretched pretty thin with trying to help everyone which is not an excuse for poor service. If you would prefer to PM that is also okay. Thank you have have a great weekend.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
UB40 wrote:

I assume you mean Moe at FWDG. Not to be confused with Chris at McCallen.

Thanks Jacy, i did mean FWDG. I should have been more clear on that. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]