It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:17 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Thumbs down for MCCallen Defense 
Author Message
Online
User avatar

Location: Federal Way, Commons Mall
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011
Posts: 984
Recently had an interesting interaction with this shop. I’d seen some firearms advertised on here before that seemed like my taste so I decided to check them out. I asked who I believe to be the owner a question and it got pretty awkward for no reason. I felt talked down to and slighted. Could have been a simple mis-communication and even if it was, it could have been fixed but wasn’t. Clearly whoever I talked to has better things to do than talk with potential customers. Too bad, I saw several items (and guns) I wanted and within my price range. Won’t be back.

_________________
South Sound Guns is my preferred FFL

If interested in an item I have, please PM me... I don't always remember to re-check the thread.

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC rear sight, B5 / sopmod stocks, Glock 29 slide, Glock 20 mags, S&W 15-22 Sport MLOK Upper, factory .223/5.56/7.62x39/.308/6.5G/9mm/10mm, TC Encore parts, DD M4V3 UPPER, VLTOR or BCM A5 buffer, BCM parts


Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Renton/Kent
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012
Posts: 2523
Real Name: Jacy
That’s too bad! I’ve had some great interactions with them and picked up some awesome toys there. Sorry you had a bad experience. But thanks for sharing it.


Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:11 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Location: Federal Way, Commons Mall
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011
Posts: 984
Could have been a one time thing. IDK. I really mean the too bad part, because I did see several firearms that I believe were good deals.....At least it was better than Moe at federal Way discount years ago telling me that a ww2 era 1911 “wasn’t for me” and wouldn’t let me look at it. Little did he know I had the cash and love old historical crap to blow it on. Total blunder and I’ve never respected him since.

_________________
South Sound Guns is my preferred FFL

If interested in an item I have, please PM me... I don't always remember to re-check the thread.

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC rear sight, B5 / sopmod stocks, Glock 29 slide, Glock 20 mags, S&W 15-22 Sport MLOK Upper, factory .223/5.56/7.62x39/.308/6.5G/9mm/10mm, TC Encore parts, DD M4V3 UPPER, VLTOR or BCM A5 buffer, BCM parts


Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:27 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 3273
UB40 wrote:
Could have been a one time thing. IDK. I really mean the too bad part, because I did see several firearms that I believe were good deals.....At least it was better than Moe at federal Way discount years ago telling me that a ww2 era 1911 “wasn’t for me” and wouldn’t let me look at it. Little did he know I had the cash and love old historical crap to blow it on. Total blunder and I’ve never respected him since.

Moe is a weasel dick.


Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 5815
Real Name: Steve
Arisaka wrote:
UB40 wrote:
Could have been a one time thing. IDK. I really mean the too bad part, because I did see several firearms that I believe were good deals.....At least it was better than Moe at federal Way discount years ago telling me that a ww2 era 1911 “wasn’t for me” and wouldn’t let me look at it. Little did he know I had the cash and love old historical crap to blow it on. Total blunder and I’ve never respected him since.

Moe is a weasel dick.


+1000


Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 11263
Real Name: John
UB40 wrote:
Could have been a one time thing. IDK. I really mean the too bad part, because I did see several firearms that I believe were good deals.....At least it was better than Moe at federal Way discount years ago telling me that a ww2 era 1911 “wasn’t for me” and wouldn’t let me look at it. Little did he know I had the cash and love old historical crap to blow it on. Total blunder and I’ve never respected him since.


I walked out of his shop 15 years ago and never went back. I was there to Purchase a 1000 dollar FAL and after getting jacked around over the advertised price and then the Clerk spewing my personal info over the Phone at the Counter in front of everyone in the store for the NICS check i walked out.
He looked surprised when i said i was pissed and walked, fuck him.

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:19 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Renton/Kent
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012
Posts: 2523
Real Name: Jacy
usrifle wrote:
UB40 wrote:
Could have been a one time thing. IDK. I really mean the too bad part, because I did see several firearms that I believe were good deals.....At least it was better than Moe at federal Way discount years ago telling me that a ww2 era 1911 “wasn’t for me” and wouldn’t let me look at it. Little did he know I had the cash and love old historical crap to blow it on. Total blunder and I’ve never respected him since.


I walked out of his shop 15 years ago and never went back. I was there to Purchase a 1000 dollar FAL and after getting jacked around over the advertised price and then the Clerk spewing my personal info over the Phone at the Counter in front of everyone in the store for the NICS check i walked out.
He looked surprised when i said i was pissed and walked, fuck him.


I assume you mean Moe at FWDG. Not to be confused with Chris at McCallen.


Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:18 am
Profile
Online
FFL / Dealer
User avatar

Location: 18801 E. VALLEY HWY KENT, WA 98032
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018
Posts: 111
Real Name: Chris
UB40 wrote:
Recently had an interesting interaction with this shop. I’d seen some firearms advertised on here before that seemed like my taste so I decided to check them out. I asked who I believe to be the owner a question and it got pretty awkward for no reason. I felt talked down to and slighted. Could have been a simple mis-communication and even if it was, it could have been fixed but wasn’t. Clearly whoever I talked to has better things to do than talk with potential customers. Too bad, I saw several items (and guns) I wanted and within my price range. Won’t be back.


Sorry to hear that you had such an experience here at the shop. Could you illiterate on the situation so that we can not have this issue with future customers? Sometimes we get stretched pretty thin with trying to help everyone which is not an excuse for poor service. If you would prefer to PM that is also okay. Thank you have have a great weekend.


Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 11263
Real Name: John
DGM33 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
UB40 wrote:
Could have been a one time thing. IDK. I really mean the too bad part, because I did see several firearms that I believe were good deals.....At least it was better than Moe at federal Way discount years ago telling me that a ww2 era 1911 “wasn’t for me” and wouldn’t let me look at it. Little did he know I had the cash and love old historical crap to blow it on. Total blunder and I’ve never respected him since.


I walked out of his shop 15 years ago and never went back. I was there to Purchase a 1000 dollar FAL and after getting jacked around over the advertised price and then the Clerk spewing my personal info over the Phone at the Counter in front of everyone in the store for the NICS check i walked out.
He looked surprised when i said i was pissed and walked, fuck him.


I assume you mean Moe at FWDG. Not to be confused with Chris at McCallen.


Thanks Jacy, i did mean FWDG. I should have been more clear on that. :bow:

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:09 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.811s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]