Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Thumbs up to Fox Hole and 92Yankee 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few weeks ago I went down to SSG and stopped into both these surplus stores in Lakewood, just off I5

69Y was first. Greeted well and shown around. Lots of uniforms! Holy heck. Lots of cool oddball crap. Like my house but MORE lol. I ended up buying some various pieces of kit for outdoor use etc The guy in the counter was a no-mess-around type and I appreciate it. Gave me a few prices on the fly and pointed out a few things I would have missed. Walked out happy and a little lighter in the wallet.

Then I went over to the fox hole. Asked by about 4 people if they could help me and seemed genuine. I found a fairly rare uniform item that was a great price. Took up to purchase and there was an “issue”. Somebody mistagged it i guess. Was too cheap. They looked in their system for awhile and scrutinized the tags. All said and done I got it for peanuts. Not sure how but I was and am pleased. Will be swinging through again to both!

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, Glock 29 G3/G4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Used to be regular haunts for me when I wanted to get out of the house. 92Y was always the best stop. Rarely did I ever get anything from the other stores on the strip. It's funny because I was just thinking of going outbthere today for the first time in maybe 6 years.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been into the Fox Hole twice recently and had great service too

Last time I picked up a helmet bag and ended up talking to the owner for about half an hour about bikes. Everyone was super friendly and helpful

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]