Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Federal Way Discount Guns 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know oldkim has a topic on this, but I can't find it. Just wanted to share my experiences.

I walked into the new store just to check it out and I was pretty blown away. It was very clean, very organized, and most of all, the lighting is amazing. They had a lot of guys working today and they were very attentive and very friendly. One idiot even pulled his pocket pistol out without asking and nobody blew a fuse. Their selection is very large, it may not rival Wholesale sports or Sportco but it's definitely a great place to check out some firearms. The prices are very good, I picked up a Ruger LCP magazine for 27.99, while other places sold it at 33.99/34.99. The range looks to be a good place to go shoot once it's finished (September 24th) and everything about the store/range just looks clean.

If anybody is in the area, just walk in, it's a nice place with pretty decent prices (I thought) and a pretty wide selection. Not that you shouldn't support other stores, but FWDG is definitely a place to check out.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's amazing. A clean, neat, well stocked store, with friendly employees. Whatever is this world coming too.

For a while there I thought we were doomed to doing business with under stocked, high priced places, staffed by either morons or "take it or leave it" types.

Refreshing to hear about this store. Too bad it's a half day trip from where I live (traffic and all)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's more so that I didn't expect such a nice gun store in Federal Way, along with a name of Discount guns. Haha.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been burned there once, won't be back.

-- Sen. Barack Obama, March 16, 2006

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Walt wrote:

Care to share your experience? Just curious as the only bad things I've heard of them is they can be a bit rude when they get busy.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Px4er wrote:
Walt wrote:

Care to share your experience? Just curious as the only bad things I've heard of them is they can be a bit rude when they get busy.

Long story and is on here somewhere. The Readers Digest version is I bought a used gun and was told they would stand behind it. It was a POS and they didn't keep their word.

-- Sen. Barack Obama, March 16, 2006

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went in there today, loved the new store. Can't wait for the range to open. Have bought a gun from them before

"Sent via a teleportation device"

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oddly enough I served with the owner/founder, in the Army. He was in another platoon. He was what he was, and we found him to be a bit peculiar. No, I'm not going to elaborate. It was 30 years ago. Whip smart though. His nickname back then was "baggy", given him by his drill Sgt I think.

I have found overall that his business IS a direct reflection of his personality as I knew it back then. But who am I to say? He's pretty successful, and I work in a jet factory.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up a Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy there about 2 weeks ago. Same gun the Marksman had but $130 less meaning after I paid the sales tax it was still cheaper!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:20 am

Picked up a hard to find M&P Pro a couple weeks ago atthe new store and they were great to deal with. It's like the new store gave them better attitudes.
I may even decide to become a member of the shooting range depending on if they become range Natzi's or not.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They had the sig P238 cheaper than anywhere else also.

"Sent via a teleportation device"

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heard a mixed bag from other folks, but have always been treated pretty right by them. I'm fairly hard to piss off most of the time though. I'm a wuss.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been going to FWDG for a time, and their prices are quite competitive and ordering stuff has been fairly easy and straight forward. All I can say is their service fees for transfers are higher than most around the area, so I use Pantel for transfers generally speaking, and when I did a form 3 transfer, that is where I realized I should have gone to Pantel for that transfer as it would have only been $50 instead of $200. It's bad enough to give the gooberment $200 for SBRs, cans etc, but why charge a whole tax stamp to do a form 3 on a PDF doc? Overall, I have not had any issues with anything I've purchased there, I just think the service fees should be more competitive. Range is nice and the ability to rapid fire without RSO power trips is a nice touch. Some might crap the bed about not being able to shoot aluminum and steel cased ammo at their range, but I have other places to go to out in the country if needed if I want to use steel and aluminum cased ammo.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shoot my guns at their range weekly.
The only place I know that allows walk-in customers rapid fire.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Should merge this thread from general into this forum and with this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=127108&hilit=Fwdg

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]