Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A&E Factory service repair **Buyer beware, its a SCAM** 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two years ago i bought a new Maytag washer/dryer combo from Lowe's and got the extended Warranty for both. Exactly a month ago my washer stopped working all together due to a main board issue so I called Lowe's, and they dispatched their one and only service company (A&E) to come troubleshoot my washer. Needless to say over the past 4 weeks, I have had FIVE YES FIVE service calls assigned from A&E and not a single one has shown up. No call, no shows, calls over an hour after my appointment time window saying I need to reschedule, and the most recent being this past Friday.

My appointment time window was 1-5pm, at 4:45pm I called in to see where the tech was, "He's running late and will be there between 5-7pm".

Nobody showed from 5-7, I called back their number at 6:30pm and they were closed. But I did get a text at 11pm Friday night saying my appointment was cancelled. I was on the phone with Lowe's corporate all weekend and am pressing for an outright exchange.

After reading some of their reviews, I am not alone. BUYER BEWARE

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeown ... ilter=none

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:09 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Five times? Oh, I’d be fucking IRATE.

Let us know how this goes. Good luck, I’m glad you’ve escalated it to HD corporate. That’s insane.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

also let them know that if they do not remedy the situation you intend to bring the full weight and power of social media on them...…

years ago saying you would tell all your friends was an empty threat, now a days we can reach thousands of people, dozens of times per day

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's been a month from hell. The crazy thing is, A&E dispatchers all the way up to their managers simply don't care. It's like they have a guaranteed lifetime contract that is clause free.
I spent over an hour on the phone with a Lowe's rep on Saturday and she told me that she gets calls like mine several times per day about A&E but that their only able to have them do all service by contract.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A&E is a wholly owned joint venture of Whirlpool Corp and Sears.

Techs have been leaving in droves due to concerns about job security in the wake of Eddie Lampert’s Little House of Horrors.

A&E isn’t going anywhere BUT, that uncertainty coupled with big corporate bean counting—no overtime allowed—and how hard it is for every skilled craft trade industry to find people, means the poor techs are running ragged.

It took four tries to get one to my house for a fridge issue but once I got a tech in my door she was professional, courteous, skilled, and VERY apologetic about dispatch.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:

Techs have been leaving in droves due to concerns about job security in the wake of Eddie Lampert’s Little House of Horrors.

A&E isn’t going anywhere BUT, that uncertainty coupled with big corporate bean counting—no overtime allowed—and how hard it is for every skilled craft trade industry to find people, means the poor techs are running ragged.

It took four tries to get one to my house for a fridge issue but once I got a tech in my door she was professional, courteous, skilled, and VERY apologetic about dispatch.

I'm in Des Moines, and their nearest tech is dispatched out of Lacey, so ya their coverage area per person is insane. I had a 3rd party company come out (on my own dime) to do a diagnostic on my washer to see if it was a simple lid switch or something, but it's actually a main board. I offered to send my report to them so they could streamline the process but they said due to the cost of the part ($600) compared to the cost of my washer new ($749) they need to inspect it themselves.

So here I am..

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
dan360 wrote:

I'm in Des Moines, and their nearest tech is dispatched out of Lacey, so ya their coverage area per person is insane. I had a 3rd party company come out (on my own dime) to do a diagnostic on my washer to see if it was a simple lid switch or something, but it's actually a main board. I offered to send my report to them so they could streamline the process but they said due to the cost of the part ($600) compared to the cost of my washer new ($749) they need to inspect it themselves.

So here I am..

Yessir there are about 20 A&E vans that park nightly at the Lacey Sears store. Some outlying techs are still allowed to take their vans home but that is quickly changing. (Make them drive from Shelton to Lacey to get their van and then go back to Mason County to perform 5 service calls and then back to Lacey.)

They used to have vans parked in Tacoma until that Sears shut down. Same with Federal Way.

They’ll dispatch Lacey vans to service calls in Bellevue and vice versa to maximize travel time labor rates as well. Common big corporate practice with field dispatch. Same reason Goodyear dispatches their Fife techs to jobs in Redmond and the Seattle shop goes to Tenino....but I digress.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:43 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup, I am in that parking lot daily.. Tons of Vans... Just sitting there.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Threads like this make me love my old $50 washer n dryer.

Its usually just a switch or belt or two dollar roller thats bad.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:07 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I bought a new Maytag washer a few years ago at Home Depot.
Crapped out 23 months later, warranty was only 1 year.
BUT I paid for it on a credit card.
Couldn't find the receipt, bought it at the store so no email.
Had them look it up by the delivery record.

Had "The Appliance Mechanic" come over and fix it.
Was $329, I paid him, and the credit card company paid me.

Always buy a new appliance on a credit card.
They double the manufacturers warranty.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
I bought a new Maytag washer a few years ago at Home Depot.
Crapped out 23 months later, warranty was only 1 year.
BUT I paid for it on a credit card.
Couldn't find the receipt, bought it at the store so no email.
Had them look it up by the delivery record.

Had "The Appliance Mechanic" come over and fix it.
Was $329, I paid him, and the credit card company paid me.

Hmmmm, is that on ALL purchases or just at HD?

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

*UPDATE*

I got a call from the Lowe's regional manager yesterday afternoon, who was actually a really nice guy. I explained to him my frustration with what I have dealt with and the hassles it has been taking time off of work for nothing. I got his work number, personal number and email and he assured me this would all be figured out. He did say that A&E is a MONSTER when it comes to appliance repairs (best buy, HD, and Lowe's).

I told him to pull up my account and my brothers large commercial plumbing account and ask if he would like both of those to go away.. Im getting a new washer by Friday.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:wagwoot:
Glad to hear of the positive outcome. You shouldn't have had to go through that though. I'd say your persistence and patience paid off. Good to hear, thank you for sharing.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:44 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Caveman Jim wrote:
Guntrader wrote:

Hmmmm, is that on ALL purchases or just at HD?

All purchases I believe, with some $$$$ limitations.
Some cap it off at $10,000 per claim.
Used to be just Amex, now everyone does it except Discover.
https://creditcards.usnews.com/articles ... ty-benefit

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
*UPDATE*

I got a call from the Lowe's regional manager yesterday afternoon, who was actually a really nice guy. I explained to him my frustration with what I have dealt with and the hassles it has been taking time off of work for nothing. I got his work number, personal number and email and he assured me this would all be figured out. He did say that A&E is a MONSTER when it comes to appliance repairs (best buy, HD, and Lowe's).

I told him to pull up my account and my brothers large commercial plumbing account and ask if he would like both of those to go away.. Im getting a new washer by Friday.

To correct the record, Best Buy uses their own Geek Squad for service, not A&E. We’ve had great experiences with Best Buy’s appliance repair so far.

Hope you get your situation squared away quickly! I’d be seriously pissed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next