Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 South Sound Guns * Horrible Customer Service* 

I started going into South Sound guns about a month after they opened. I had a few pleasant experiences until I put a pistol on consignment. I waited about a week and called in to and see if there had been any one interested and I was told by Mike that it was still there and not much action on it. Literally 10 minutes later I was talking to a buddy that was in there and told me that someone had bought it the day before. I called Mike and asked him when the guy should clear so I could get MY money minus his fee. He had said a couple of days. Long story short it took me almost a month to get my money from him as I had him repeatedly Dodge my phone calls and make excuses about the customer paying with a credit card that too a long time to process.

The latest one took the cake for me. I purchased a pistol from a dealer online and had it sent there. I had the tracking number and saw that USPS had tried to deliver multiple times but had said there was no one there and no secure location to leave the gun. It said the gun was at the local post office and needed to be picked up or it would be returned after 5 days. I called SSG and asked for Mike and the tall gangly kid answered the phone and told me Mike was unavailable. I then asked him if he could let mike know that the gun was at the post office and needed to be picked up? He said sure. The next day I called and asked for Mike and sure enough he was not available. Same kid answer the phone. I asked if someone could go pick up the gun as I was not allowed. He stated that he was not going to waste his time and gas money to go pick up my gun as it was not in his job description. I let him know that I have CHOSEN to do business with them and he said have your stuff shipped somewhere else if you don't like it.

It took me driving to the post office and asking the manager to please call the driver and have her try to re deliver.

I then went in the next day to do my paperwork and Mike was very anti social. I waited 8 days with no call from SSG. I finally called Lacey PD and the had told me that they emailed my proceed a week earlier! No call from SSG.

I went in to get my gun and told Mike that apparently I got a proceed on the first and I wanted my gun. ( it was now the 7th). He blamed it on an employee that he had fired.

I will NEVER spend my money in this shop again and i will tell anybody who asks me about this shop that they are SHADY AS HELL. Mike and his guys have ZERO customer service skills and are very good at giving the information that you WANT to hear. I'll pay more for transfers from a place that has better customer service and an owner that doesn't dodge phone calls!

Also have a buddy that got a proceed at SSG on the 2nd of this month and they still haven't called him and today is the 9th! WTF are these guys doing?

Last edited by DirkDiggler on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:55 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

You aren't the first. Here are a few other threads:

https://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t ... ns#p991688

https://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t ... ns#p985522

https://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t ... ns#p984410

One of those is a thread I started. I have found Mike to be nothing short of a pathological liar.

He gives great service to some, but then lies to others. I don't know how you end up one or the other, but it is frustrating when you're on the side he lies to.

To his credit I did a transfer there maybe 6 months ago and it was fine. They never did call me but I went and picked it up on day 10 without issue.

Seems there are just good days and bad, and many have experienced no issues and that's great.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went there many times and got stellar service 100% of the time. It wasn't even a close shop for me, about a 45 minute drive. But the prices were fantastic, often free, and I'd buy some stuff to throw them business.

I know my experiences are only anecdotal, but they were entirely positive.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dealt with Mike once.

First and only time, the communication amongst other things from him was absolutely TERRIBLE. Shit happens, people get busy, owning an understaffed small company comes with issues, limited resources, etc I get it.

But when you blatantly lie and get caught up in it, own it. Were all adults, and in my world a handshake and a man's word is everything.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:32 pm

Agreed! I am ready to buy another suppressor but won't buy it from SSG because if he treats even half of his customers the way he did me, than I'm afraid they won't be around in a year! I'm not going through that mess!

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have known Mike for awhile, and he has never done me wrong. I did have a very good friend go by there the other day, and was treated rudely by “a tall kid” by his words. (Big and tall, relative to my 5-5 friend ?)

There has been several reviews that have been negative but mostly with things that you can’t immediately purchase and leave with ( talking suppressors and coating jobs)

There is plenty of room to grow for this small business, and I am sure he will get it figured out.

I moved up north a bit and don’t frequent as much any more.

I do wish there was a gun shop in Puyallup that was worth a shit though.

*edited after clarity of person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

His reputation in his old place was the same as all the bad reports of his new place.

If you’re his friend, you’re good.

If not, not so much...

His excuses always far outnumbered his customer service.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the far better options out there for cerakote and FFL transfers (Dana "dreadi" @ Black Hammer Arms for the sound end, and Tom "tpryder" @ SPR Industries for the north end), I don't know why people keep going to places like SSG that have such a high rate of negative reviews. Seriously people, reward the good ones...then the bad ones will be forced to shape up or ship out.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never been to ssg ,won't bother

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:15 pm

I learned all I needed to back when it was Olympic cerakote. I'll never walk through thier door

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
I learned all I needed to back when it was Olympic cerakote. I'll never walk through thier door

Was that mad mike cerakote or something like that?

Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]