Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:45 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 South Sound Guns, Thumbs Down STAY AWAY 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UB40 wrote:
At this time, I’m refraining from pointing any fingers. SilencerShop said their half. Let’s hear Milkes side.... if he’ll ever actually write a legitimate response or answer. This has been an on going issue for about a month. Hilarious that it took an actual bad review for him to log in for the first time since the 24th of last month....... yet my outgoing message from last month is STILL unread.

And mike? Adam told me that he PERSONALLY brought my sticky note with name/number/issue to you TWICE today and that you ignored it.... your own employees contradict what you are claiming....

Adam just got fired... icon_eek

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
UB40 wrote:
At this time, I’m refraining from pointing any fingers. SilencerShop said their half. Let’s hear Milkes side.... if he’ll ever actually write a legitimate response or answer. This has been an on going issue for about a month. Hilarious that it took an actual bad review for him to log in for the first time since the 24th of last month....... yet my outgoing message from last month is STILL unread.

And mike? Adam told me that he PERSONALLY brought my sticky note with name/number/issue to you TWICE today and that you ignored it.... your own employees contradict what you are claiming....

Adam just got fired... icon_eek

He can’t, his employees are his scape goats...

Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let me be clear... I understand that there’s nothing to be done to speed up what has been delayed. But if somebody at SSG made a mistake that big, they need to come clean and admit it, and hopefully apologize. If you can’t do that.... you shouldn’t be a dealer of Tupperware let alone firearms and NFA items. I have my doubts that SilencerShop would lie to me on record.

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, KAC M5/M4 RAS, Glock 29 Gen3/4, 17C Gen4, Glock 31C Gen4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

UB40 wrote:
Let me be clear... I understand that there’s nothing to be done to speed up what has been delayed. But if somebody at SSG made a mistake that big, they need to come clean and admit it, and hopefully apologize. If you can’t do that.... you shouldn’t be a dealer of Tupperware let alone firearms and NFA items. I have my doubts that SilencerShop would lie to me on record.

Silencerco won't lie. Why would they? Mike did the same thing to me, except I caught it after about a month rather than 8. He avoided the issue and as above it was a "dog ate my homework" explanation. He then lied and lied and lied telling me it had been ordered when it hadn't.

So sorry you're waiting that much longer.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

He said to call him tomorrow. Call him tomorrow, and go from there.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UB40 wrote:
...I have my doubts that SilencerShop would lie to me on record.

Totally NOT taking Mike’s side, or anyone’s side, but I would not completely trust what SS is telling you. No reason to doubt them, just take what they say with a gain or two of salt

I was part of their first Form 1 service offering that turned into a cluster. Never could figure out if the dealer I went through for the kiosk was lying or SS. Got a gift card and a hat for my troubles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
He said to call him tomorrow. Call him tomorrow, and go from there.

Roger that

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, KAC M5/M4 RAS, Glock 29 Gen3/4, 17C Gen4, Glock 31C Gen4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
UB40 wrote:
...I have my doubts that SilencerShop would lie to me on record.

Totally NOT taking Mike’s side, or anyone’s side, but I would not completely trust what SS is telling you. No reason to doubt them, just take what they say with a gain or two of salt

I was part of their first Form 1 service offering that turned into a cluster. Never could figure out if the dealer I went through for the kiosk was lying or SS. Got a gift card and a hat for my troubles...

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Silencershop. I’ve purchased 10-15 suppressors from them and they’ve always been great and straight forward. If they fuck up they admit it and make it right. Part of this is on the customer though, if your checks not cashed within a month you should be making phone calls. It’s happened to me once with Bona Nox when they sent the paperwork to the wrong address when the atf changed banks. I called at the 1 month mark of no check cashed and we got it figured out. Silencershop has never taken more than 3 weeks for my checks to get cashed.

Also a side note, you paid ssg, that means you bought it through them not Silencershop. It’s up to them to input your info with the correct serial number of the can in the store.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Per our phonecall just now, they have fully accepted responsibility of losing the paperwork. That’s all I needed to hear. Why they didn’t call me when the mistake was first found is beyond me...... but there you go. As John Wayne once said “Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday”.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:57 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

UB40 wrote:
Per our phonecall just now, they have fully accepted responsibility of losing the paperwork. That’s all I needed to hear.

That’s excellent news. I know it doesn’t solve the problem, but it’s good to have something positive here.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isn't 8 months longer than post 41-p wait times? That's messed up. They should offer a full refund or depending on legality a 100% credit toward merchandise.

With criminals being released here right now by the thousands, people need guns and cans asap.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There seems to be a theme here...

SSG bizarrely screws over a customer.

Customer calls, gets run around.
Calls more, gets more run around.
Calls more, even more run around.

Customer is pissed now... things get 'elevated'. Dog ate homework, employee is admonished.

Calls, gets more run around.

Customer starts getting vocal.
Calls, gets more run around.

(optional level... this is the customers fault, somehow)
Gets elevated some more. Internal contradiction on what an employee says and what ownership says.
Rest of internet, cringingly gets on board... Mike, make this right.

Mike 'takes responsibility'.

To me, taking responsibility means more than just admitting fault. It also means brutal honesty about how the process works, acknowledging there were not just honest mistakes but purposeful misdirection. It also means quit treating customers like this. It also includes refunds, for services that were delayed to the point they become less valuable.

But, I expect we will see another one of these in a couple months.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stokes wrote:
But, I expect we will see another one of these in a couple months.

Only if people keep wasting their time and money thinking that "this wont happen to me".

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A June/July purchase as an individual had a very good chance to make it into the fast track. Stamps were coming back in 45-90 days last summer on individual form 4s for a bit.

This sucks sorry it happened to you.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never been to that store, but won't waste my time dealing with a business owner who has a track record of lies and dishonesty with multiple members of this forum. How many other customers have similar issues with this shop and never get resolution?

Somebody above said it perfectly, "vote with your wallet". There are plenty of honest shops that will go the extra mile to provide a great customer experience. Maybe I'm old, but I've decided service is worth a farther drive or a few extra dollars.

Thank you O.P. for sharing.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next