Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:34 am

Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Recover Tactical 20/20 Glock Brace/Stabilizer 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yondering wrote:
Hey mods and admins - I sure wish we had a "Like" button on these posts. I'd be clicking some in this thread for sure.

We are working, slowly, on updating the forum software that may include that feature.

Fri May 01, 2020 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Yondering wrote:
Hey mods and admins - I sure wish we had a "Like" button on these posts. I'd be clicking some in this thread for sure.

We are working, slowly, on updating the forum software that may include that feature.

Fri May 01, 2020 6:05 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Yondering wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Ok, so I finally got my G17 in the recover tactical brace out to the range this morning. Aside from just wanting to shoot the thing, I wanted to also address a point that member Yondering had made about frame flex and vertical stringing while shooting.

Good analysis, and thanks for following up. Looks like it acts similarly to my setup, but as you and Madpick said, it's not a deal breaker at all, just something to be aware of. My concern with it is really more for longer distance anyway; I regularly practice with pistols at 50-100+ yards so of course the brace setup gets the same treatment, and it's a lot more noticeable at those distances but still manageable.

Pre-loading the pistol grip consistently seems to be the key to reducing the vertical stringing, and that mag holder piece may help with that as you said. I'm glad to see the front lower rail section is part of the 20/20 unit; I have some time on an SBR Glock with a vertical foregrip and found it pretty useless because the Glock dust cover is too flexible. With rapid fire or simply pushing forward on the foregrip, I was able to cause malfunctions (dust cover rubbing against the slide), and that was a pistol that ran flawlessly without the vertical foregrip. It looks like the 20/20 unit will avoid that issue, cool!

I'm not quite convinced to buy one yet since I've already got the Endo/Shockwave setup, but you guys have me interested anyway. Good stuff!

I am curious just for comparison - how well can you shoot the same pistol and ammo at 15 yards without the 20/20 system; how much improvement are you seeing? I ask partly because the braced Glock systems remind me a little of my old Kel-Tec Sub2000; without bragging I can say I'm a fairly good shot with both rifle and pistol, but the accuracy of that Sub2K was no better than I could do with most of my pistols offhand. Since I bought it to use as a backpacking gun, I decided to just carry my 10mm G20 instead since I could hit with it just as well at 100 yards. My Endo/Shockwave system on a Glock seems to be noticeably more accurate than that Sub2K, and of course much higher quality too.

Good question about brace vs unbraced shooting. If I shot slow the 15 years groups would probably look similar, but the brace definitely allows for putting more shots on target quickly. I also have a sub2k and for me it is MUCH more accurate than the Glock in the brace. But it’s also a lot bulkier.

Fri May 01, 2020 2:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I took mine to the range again today. Basic impression hasn't changed: It's not as good as a true "sub gun" and not as good (shootability-wise) as the Roni. But, it's still a lot of fun and it's pretty nice for the size and weight.

I was able to run the dueling tree with it pretty quickly. My only difficulty is the sights; part of that is that you need to get pretty low to see them (even with my suppressor-height sights), and part of that is that my eyes/glasses have a little trouble keeping it all lined up. A red dot would certainly be nice.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri May 01, 2020 2:21 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
I took mine to the range again today. Basic impression hasn't changed: It's not as good as a true "sub gun" and not as good (shootability-wise) as the Roni. But, it's still a lot of fun and it's pretty nice for the size and weight.

I was able to run the dueling tree with it pretty quickly. My only difficulty is the sights; part of that is that you need to get pretty low to see them (even with my suppressor-height sights), and part of that is that my eyes/glasses have a little trouble keeping it all lined up. A red dot would certainly be nice.

The dot is nice but even the way mine sits is a little low. Something that sits up a little higher on a mounting plate like the mos glocks might be a little more comfortable.

Fri May 01, 2020 2:25 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NotAMerc wrote:
How would you guys compare this to the Flux brace?

Can’t speak for the other guys but I’ve never shot the flux brace. The brace in your pic retail’s for $279 and the flux mag holder is another $79 for a total of $358 at full retail. The brace Madpick and I got would be $120 plus the $49 mag holder for a total of $169 at full retail. For less than half the price of the flux brace kit you are getting the same basic thing from Recover Tactical. Even if the flux setup is better I’d have a hard time believing it’s $189 better.

Fri May 01, 2020 2:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
MadPick wrote:

The dot is nice but even the way mine sits is a little low. Something that sits up a little higher on a mounting plate like the mos glocks might be a little more comfortable.

That may be one advantage of the Endo/shockwave setup; it puts your cheek a little lower so the red dot lines up perfectly.

Fri May 01, 2020 9:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

First problem today, though it's a minor one.

As I was putting the gun away, one of the two screws in the charging handle fell out. The screw sits vertically, pointing down, with the nut on the buttom. Apparently the nut vibrated loose and disappeared somewhere. :crybaby:

The charging handle is still secured fairly well with just one screw, but it's still usable . . . but it really should have the other in there.

I emailed Recover Tactical and ask them for a replacement nut. Next time, it'll have Loctite on it . . . .

Sun May 03, 2020 1:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I sent my email to Recover Tactical today (Sunday) at 2:04 p.m.

Got a reply at 2:47 p.m. -- still on Sunday! -- from Mike at Recover Tactical:

Quote:
No problem, I will have hardware sent out

In regards to the Charging Handle, this is not new tech for us, we have had these on the market now for a number of years and this is not something that we ever really come across. Locktite is fine (Blue), but a good tightening of the bolts should also suffice

I don't know where Mike is . . . but it doesn't matter, that's still impressive.

Sun May 03, 2020 2:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Calls for just a little more girth in the hinging. I'll wait for the new and improved model. But otherwise, I liked it.

"I love Girl Scout Crack!" ~ usrifle

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Sun May 03, 2020 2:28 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
I sent my email to Recover Tactical today (Sunday) at 2:04 p.m.

Got a reply at 2:47 p.m. -- still on Sunday! -- from Mike at Recover Tactical:

Quote:
No problem, I will have hardware sent out

In regards to the Charging Handle, this is not new tech for us, we have had these on the market now for a number of years and this is not something that we ever really come across. Locktite is fine (Blue), but a good tightening of the bolts should also suffice

I don't know where Mike is . . . but it doesn't matter, that's still impressive.

Nice! Glad to hear the customer service was so responsive

Sun May 03, 2020 3:00 pm

deleted post

Last edited by surevaliance on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 07, 2020 11:14 am

deleted post

Last edited by surevaliance on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 13, 2020 12:51 pm

deleted post

Mon May 18, 2020 5:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great, I’m glad it worked out well for you.

How was the comfort? For example, any cheek bruising after 200 rounds?

Mon May 18, 2020 5:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next