Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:47 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 JENNINGS JMT MK III SIGHT TOOL 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JENNINGS JMT MK III SIGHT TOOL

So after years of borrowing or asking friends to help me adjust my gun sights, I decided I need to own a tool for myself. I did a lot of research and one name kept popping up..Jennings Machine and Tool.

After reading his post and reading several members praises on the S&W forum, I decided to purchase one. Actually I purchased two, one for my daughter whom I bought a Les Baer 1911 for her birthday last year.

One thing I really liked..When you contact Jennings Machine and Tool via email, Ed Jennings replies. When you call on the phone to order with a credit card, Ed answers. When you have technical questions, Ed answers them. When your order is shipped, Ed sends the invoice. If you have issues or additional questions about your order, Ed addresses those questions.

Ed is in Alabama and sounds like an older gentleman. He was a pleasure to talk to. And we easily got off track and talked about guns, life and other stuff.

I have not used the JMT Mk III SIGHT pusher yet, but it appears to be very well built. It comes with detailed instructions, but seems pretty self explanatory. I wanted a sight pusher that covered several different guns, from high end 1911s to stock Glocks. After chatting with Ed, he suggested the Mk III for my needs.

PROS: Well built. Powder Coated main vise. Lots of different options for different platforms. Can also be used on narrow and front sights with correct pieces. Ed will help you before your order to figure out what you need for your particular needs. Any issues he will stand behind his products. He thought he forgot a piece and shipped it on his dime..turned out I had the piece, but was my fault. I offered to pay and he said don't worry about it.

CONS: The instruction sheet is kinda hard to follow, but overall it's pretty self explanatory how it works. I had to deburr some of the pieces. When I told Ed, he apologozed and explained that he spends lots of time deburring, but had several items he was working on and probably grabbed the wrong ones(makes sense). The bags were not marked, so I had to clearly mark everything. Would like to buy a small plastic box to keep everything marked. Each additional set is an additional charge, although reasonably priced.

I am Lean Manufacturing Certified, so I talked with Ed about some of my suggestions. He agreed that he needed to make some changes, but it takes him awhile because he's a one man show. We talked about him making some YouTube instructional videos. He said he wanted to, but wasn't great with those so it's taking him longer to do it. I also suggested a better instruction sheet with more pictures and less words.

BOTTOM LINE: if you need a sight tool..and everyone does..call Ed.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Mon May 24, 2021 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice review! Glad to hear you got what you needed, and you supported a small (American) business in the process. :patriot:

Choosing a sight tool can be tough; I know I had a hard time deciding. Ultimately, I landed on this one after a recommendation from my cousin: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162774304090. It's made right here in Poulsbo, WA. It's a tank, and has served me well 3 times now. At $65 with free shipping, it's hard to beat the price, too.

Tue May 25, 2021 10:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah it's sad...Ed said a lot of people have ripped off his ideas and products. There's a couple fakes on ebay. That one looks pretty interesting for a simple pusher. The advantage of the mk III is there's a lot of different uses and adapters. I have a lot of different guns.

Tue May 25, 2021 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]