Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Expert grill 28 inch Gas Griddle review. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went to Walmart (I feel dirty now) intending to buy the Blackstone 28 inch Griddle and left with the Expert instead. The reason i made that choice was the Expert had 3 burners instead of 2 for that 28 inches, as well as a Lid, front drawer grease trap and it had folding legs for transport. (yeah, like i'm gonna take it anywhere)

After using it for awhile now, here is my review.

Pro's...

Griddle top is heavy gauge with reinforcing angle Steel underneath to stay flat, and it really seasoned well. No issues with warping, nonstick after seasoning, a nice Griddle top.

Gas controls work well, it's nice to have 3 heat zones even though 28 inches is pretty small. The Blackstone has 2 burners in that 28 inches, so that was a plus.

The Lid...hell yeah, that's a nice feature. With all the Cottonwood floating around and the ability to add water and "steam" a bit, i like that that.

Wheels at all 4 legs are nice to, i roll it in and out of my Garage to use it. The Blackstone only has wheels on 2 legs so you would have to lift and push to move it around.

Con's...

The Metal leg and Body construction is thin, i can see leg flex when i roll it across the expansion Joints, all of the Body Metal could have been a bit thicker.

No handle on the left (Non shelf) side, i'm either going to add a handle or another shelf. The shelf would be more useful and double as a handle.

Overall i am very pleased with it. We have really given it a workout since i got it and it has performed well.

It's a Walmart Brand, but parts if needed are available so that's a good thing.

Would i recommend it? Yes i would. If i had to do it over again, (even though it works great) i would have bought a bigger Griddle. Just like a Gun safe, buy bigger than you think you need.

When i make Smashburger's, i need real estate. It's fine when cooking for say 3 people, but at 2 patties per, grilling Onion's and also toasting bun's it's maxed out. (The Blackstone 28 would be the same).

The Expert doesn't have anything bigger than a 28 inch though, so that leaves the Blackstone or others if you want something larger.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat May 29, 2021 8:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good review. thumbsup

Great pic with the food on it, that's really helpful when estimating size. Yeah, you could do the buns first, but it does show that two burgers (assuming two thin smash-patties per burger) can kind of max it out.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun May 30, 2021 7:25 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am really glad I chose a 36" over the 28". 4-burner, lots of real estate.

Sun May 30, 2021 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Good review. thumbsup

Great pic with the food on it, that's really helpful when estimating size. Yeah, you could do the buns first, but it does show that two burgers (assuming two thin smash-patties per burger) can kind of max it out.

Thanks Steve. Yes, two patties per burger. I can do Burger's for 3, but that's maxed out.

Massivedesign wrote:
I am really glad I chose a 36" over the 28". 4-burner, lots of real estate.

Good choice. Most of the time i don't need all that real estate, but i could have used it yesterday with kids over. Lucky for me i just picked up a Camp Chef Expedition 2X Propane stove and it came with a 1 burner Griddle so i utilized that too.

I can get a full length Griddle for that, it's 14x32 so a bit bigger. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 30, 2021 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]