Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Feit Security / Flood Light Camera, Costco Tacoma 

Well gonna make this a 2 fer review.... the Feit Brand Security camera security flood lights are junk, constantly having to reset them , connection issues, just junk. So got my refund after 5 months of battle with these lights/ cameras, figured I would head in and get a wired setup.... well they have a gal at the door looking for folks carrying weapons.... even though you could barely see my Glock 19 print and the end of the grip and I'm a concealed carry guy with card of course... I was denied entry due to the fact Costco is private property and that I could leave my gun in the car and come back in ..... I laughed at her and said are you serious. .... I will never leave my weapons in my vehicles unoccupied. ... so I simply said looks like I will spend my money somewhere else.... took the family on down the road to Best Buy and got hooked up with a wired setup.... not too happy with Costco.... been a Executive Member for years, but don't know if it's worth returning......

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ugh. That's really shitty about Costco. Most of us have known for years that they have a no-gun policy, but it generally seems to be a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of situation.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tbh I think the answer here is to carry in a way a liberal arts grad receipt checker with crippling debt can't tell.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:19 pm

What blew me away is the chick Cassie admitted to me they pay her to sit at the front door to spot guns.... what a crock of crap... and trust me my G19 was in a IWB and barely printing the end of the grip

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Filthy.Animal wrote:
What blew me away is the chick Cassie admitted to me they pay her to sit at the front door to spot guns.... what a crock of crap... and trust me my G19 was in a IWB and barely printing the end of the grip

Cassie: "...excuse me, sir?? Are you carrying a gun?"
Me:..." nope"
Cassie".... um.. okay, have a nice day"

Alternate scenario:
Cassie: "...excuse me, sir?? Gun's are not allowed at Costco, please go put that in your vehicle?"
Me:..." I'm not carrying a gun, it's my insulin pump you hoplophobic libtard. Can I go shop now or do we need to have a discussion with your manager about the ADA laws? "

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Filthy.Animal wrote:

Cassie: "...excuse me, sir?? Are you carrying a gun?"
Me:..." nope"

Alternate scenario:
Cassie: "...excuse me, sir?? Gun's are not allowed at Costco, please go put that in your vehicle?"
Me:..." I'm not carrying a gun, it's my insulin pump you hoplophobic libtard. Can I go shop now or do we need to have a discussion with your manager about the ADA laws? "

I call it "portable life support device".

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Filthy.Animal wrote:

You may want to assess how you present.
How you Walk and hands are dead giveaway to those in the know to watch for in regards to carry. Even what type of clothing one wears can give the spotter extra reason to give a more detailed look over.

Printing is obvious but it’s the other clues people give off that gets you spotted.

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The thing is… are they walking? Lol

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I carry concealed everytime I goto Puyallup costco and never had a problem. I'm aware they can ask you to leave.

I use Lorex security cameras. Running wires is a pain, but it works killer. Also things to consider is dvr vs nvr. I'm not into paying monthly fees for cloud crap, so I use a DVR. It is accessible through a secure web portal. I can view all the cameras or individual cameras. Additionally I can turn on lights or sirens if needed.

Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i just went into costco in lynnwood on sunday carrying a Glock 17 with just a little t shirt covering, no mask and had zero issues. nobody asked or looked twice. i also use IWB.

Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]