Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Review - battery life for Sig Romeo Zero 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actual Experiences with Sig Romeo Zero Micro Red Dot.

This is a review of the battery life - for actual heavy use.

Cost
$199 3MOA version about $155 for 6MOA (Amazon)
https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-Romeo- ... B07XGMYSLW

I have mine mounted on a Sig P365. I will classify mine as heavy use since this is my EDC.

Pretty much heavy everyday use. Battery has lasted about 18 months on the original battery.
Just changed out last night. For me will plan to change every year (Annual basis).

I know the stats description for Sig Romeo Zero says 3-5 years. I would say that is light to light moderate use.

It does has an automatic off feature and then automatic turn on when picked up. There are 8 light settings.
I usually have mine around 3-4.

The battery has a projected 3-5 years for the average user. Mine is constantly on and off. From actual carry.
Not a safe queen. So, I'm okay with the battery life for the type of carry I do and the amount of movement it's exposed to.

Conclusion and Full Disclosure:
I am very pro red dot on handguns and with advancing technology it's a no brainer to use a trusted red dot.
It does take some learning to adjust to a red dot on a handgun but once you relearn - it becomes very natural.
I strongly recommend to co-witness off sights (ideal if you have suppressor height sights) but I can use my regular sights.

Prices are coming down and many guns are now coming with "optics-ready" versions. And you can get most guns milled but you'll need to check around.

Especially for aging eyes and new shooters - a red dot is a hands down good investment!

Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
Actual Experiences with Sig Romeo Zero Micro Red Dot.

This is a review of the battery life - for actual heavy use.

Cost
$199 3MOA version about $155 for 6MOA (Amazon)
https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-Romeo- ... B07XGMYSLW

I have mine mounted on a Sig P365. I will classify mine as heavy use since this is my EDC.

Pretty much heavy everyday use. Battery has lasted about 18 months on the original battery.
Just changed out last night. For me will plan to change every year (Annual basis).

I know the stats description for Sig Romeo Zero says 3-5 years. I would say that is light to light moderate use.

It does has an automatic off feature and then automatic turn on when picked up. There are 8 light settings.
I usually have mine around 3-4.

The battery has a projected 3-5 years for the average user. Mine is constantly on and off. From actual carry.
Not a safe queen. So, I'm okay with the battery life for the type of carry I do and the amount of movement it's exposed to.

Conclusion and Full Disclosure:
I am very pro red dot on handguns and with advancing technology it's a no brainer to use a trusted red dot.
It does take some learning to adjust to a red dot on a handgun but once you relearn - it becomes very natural.
I strongly recommend to co-witness off sights (ideal if you have suppressor height sights) but I can use my regular sights.

Prices are coming down and many guns are now coming with "optics-ready" versions. And you can get most guns milled but you'll need to check around.

Especially for aging eyes and new shooters - a red dot is a hands down good investment!

Thanks for the battery review. I'll add this to my "make-a-decision" red dot thread. :thumbsup2:

Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've had my Romeo Zero since Sept. 2020.
Same as Oldkim, mine is also a 7/365 carry piece.
No sign of battery degradation since purchased, very happy with it.

I have been using red dots on handguns since early 2016 and I've settled into a pattern of changing the battery in all of my devices (red dots, lighted scopes, etc.) the first week of January, every year. Regardless of factory estimated lifespan.
That's $20.00 of batteries a year with no worries of "when did I change this" or "crap, dot just died".
Small price to pay.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I totally agree on the annual change.

I wanted to see what I actually got out of them as a quick benchmark on the reality side of all the advertisement talk.

Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]