Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Praise for Alien Gear Holster 

I recently purchased an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck holster for my SIG P238 pistol and I am more than pleased with it. It is comfortable to wear and holds the gun securely while still allowing for an easy draw and easy, one-handed reholstering.
The Cloak Tuck is an IWB holster with a flexible fabric back and a hard plastic shell that is shaped to the specific model of gun for which it is intended. The shell is attached to the backing with 4 screws and spaced away from the backing by four compressible spacers. This allows the user to adjust the tension with which the holster grips the gun. Minor adjustments are made by tightening or loosening the screws. Major adjustments are made by replacing the spacers and screws with longer or shorter ones that come with the holster. Ride height and cant are adjusted by repositioning the belt clips.
When my holster arrived, it seemed at first to fit my gun nicely. However, when I put it on, the added tension resulting from bending the holster around my waist made the holster grip the gun too tightly for a smooth draw or easy reholstering. It also rode too high for my taste. But after lowering the ride height and loosening the screws securing the shell to the backing, the holster fits both me and my gun very well.
A few qualifications are in order. Alien gear recommends that, once you’ve adjusted the tension to your liking, you stake the screws with some kind of thread locker. I found this to be necessary. I didn’t do it initially and, after wearing the holster for a few days, one of the screws backed out and fell out. I replaced it, this time using thread locker, and also staked the other three screws. So far so good.
I have not tried wearing the holster in the “tuck” mode. I don’t like carrying this way because it complicates accessing the gun. I prefer a jacket or vest for concealment.
The Alien Gear literature states that the holster is best suited for wearing in the 4:30 position. I wear it more in the 3:30 to 4:00 o’clock position and it works well. However, it doesn’t work in the 3:00 o’clock position for me. That position causes too much bending of the holster. It might work in that position with the longer spacers but I don’t prefer that position so I didn’t try it.
For reference, I am slim, 155 lbs with a 32 or 33 inch waist. I have no affiliation with, or connection to, the Alien Gear company.

I have another carry gun that is going to need a new holster soon. When it does, I intend to shop Alien Gear first.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:01 pm

Price was $59.88 plus tax and shipping.

Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks. May try for my Sig P365

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]