Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 LIMITLESS AMERICA LLC in Washougal 

Limitless America LLC just stole $185 from me. I recently purchased a LF19 slide, made by Live Free Armory, through Limitless's website shop. I used 2 VISA gift cards that I had. Since their cart won't process multiple cards at once, I bought a gift certificate with one and paid the remaining balance with the other card. Both cards were registered to my address which is also the shipping address. There was one mistake I made on the purchase of the gift certificate for the state under their drop-down menu which was caused by a bad click of the mouse, selecting Virginia instead of Washington, which were right next to each other. All other info was correct. Regardless, the POS and card processor processed the payments and they posted through the gift card portal. The owner, Eric Hargrave, then sent me emails hours later stating that he needs my State ID in order to ship them to me. He said he needs this to confirm my address and that there was a supposed IP difference in the shopping cart. Which there wasn't. The purchase of the Limitless Gift Card and the checkout on the slide were 2 different transactions. Out of good nature, I sent him photographs of the gift cards, front and back, pus I sent him the statement from the VISA portal which showed the loading of the cards as well as the transaction posting through his POS through Authorize.net. He still would not ship me the slide unless I emailed him front and back photos of my driver's license. He's also responded to me through gmail addresses instead of his domain address. So he just stole over $200 from when you include a tax of 10.5% and 12.95 shipping. I'll also mention that I'm 4 hours away from him in Snohomish County in the same State of Washington. Keep in mind, this is just a raw slide. Not complete. Not a firearm. Not on any special ban list. Not a PF80. There is no requirement in any law to show ID for this transaction.

So, stay away from this business. And maybe some of you guys down in Vancouver can help me out. Or Portland.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:26 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns.

I've moved this thread from BOLO to Reviews, as it feels more appropriate.

I don't know anything about Limitless, so I'm not going to weigh in on whether they are good guys or bad guys. I will say, though, that there are scammers everywhere, and the internet makes it really easy for them to make our lives hell. As an admin on this site, I see it all the time, and we are constantly waging a war against them.

So maaaaybe, just maaaaybe, they saw some things that might be typical warning signs -- like the use of gift cards, and maybe something was "off" with an IP address. And maybe, just to be sure that you aren't a scammer, they are asking for your ID just to get a warm fuzzy that you are a real live Washington resident, and not some scammer dude in Nigeria.

I don't know anything. Just speculating that maybe they saw some things on their end, and are just being cautious.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve never dealt with them, but I think your experience is an anomaly.

They’re actually a store.

They have over 300 nearly 5-star reviews (4.6) on Google, and 10 5-star reviews on Yelp; also 9 5-star reviews on Northwest Firearms, as well as high reviews on other sites.

And only 3 Better Business Bureau complaints in 8 years of business.

They also were in the news for standing outside their storefront, armed, when there was a BLM March in their town.

Technology is great when used correctly, but I think you goofed it when you clicked the wrong state.

You can say it was ‘just a bad click of the mouse’ to sound harmless, but it matters.

He doesn’t know you from Adam, and has no idea if this is a credit card scam, or whatever.

You first represented that you were a guy from Virginia, using gift cards/credit cards and a shipping address for Washington state.

Can’t blame the guy for wanting to make sure it’s not fraud.

In a scenario where someone stole your cards, he’d actually be protecting you…

Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
I’ve never dealt with them, but I think your experience is an anomaly.

They’re actually a store.

They have over 300 nearly 5-star reviews (4.6) on Google, and 10 5-star reviews on Yelp; also 9 5-star reviews on Northwest Firearms, as well as high reviews on other sites.

And only 3 Better Business Bureau complaints in 8 years of business.

They also were in the news for standing outside their storefront, armed, when there was a BLM March in their town.

Technology is great when used correctly, but I think you goofed it when you clicked the wrong state.

You can say it was ‘just a bad click of the mouse’ to sound harmless, but it matters.

He doesn’t know you from Adam, and has no idea if this is a credit card scam, or whatever.

You first represented that you were a guy from Virginia, using gift cards/credit cards and a shipping address for Washington state.

Can’t blame the guy for wanting to make sure it’s not fraud.

In a scenario where someone stole your cards, he’d actually be protecting you…

This is what I think happened. WOW
If your going to use gift cards, go to department stores, don’t use them for gun stuff purchases. :popcorn:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On one hand I don't blame the OP for not wanting to use his CC info for gun related purchases. Other people on this forum have been hassled for such purchases.

On the other, due to the OP's goof with the addresses I don't blame the store for requiring the ID.

OP have you tried asking for a refund?

Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The OP fucked up when he submitted the order with a "home" in Virgina and a shipping address in WA.

The business owner is covering his ass wanting to see his WSDL.

It's not the business fault here. YMMV

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:34 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Many businesses have forwarding email. I am one of those businesses.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
Type 07 Class 2 NFA Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Tough situation especially considering the use of gift cert/visa gift cards. Exceptionally tough given the admitted error on your part.

Have you tried calling them? A quick phone conversation with a live voice on each end can make a huge difference. I’m guessing it would be a “hey man, are you scamming me?” “No man, we thought you were scamming us”. “Lol”. “Ok thanks for the call we’ll get that in the mail asap.”

Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:35 pm

I would suggest that this thread be deleted. A new user with no other posts, shitting on a reputable company who is just trying to verify a purchaser, and then doesn't come back to respond to the thread. My business has an online portal and what the OP has described would have set off all of the potential fraud alarms, for sure.

Last edited by Beretta Dave on Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree Dave, this thread needs to go.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well…this guy couldn’t shut up, and posted this across multiple Forums.

Here’s a response on 1911Forum, where he looks like a complete ass:

Austin_TX
·
Registered
Joined Nov 16, 2014 · 549 Posts
#14 · Apr 5, 2022

Can now confirm that OP is an idiot and a nutjob. He posted this same rant on several other forums, with the same results. The vendor responded on one forum and posted the email in which the OP threatened (or propositioned?) him, saying, “I will personally f-ing come for you.” (See below.)

No doubt this insane loser and obnoxious failure of a human being gets in ridiculous confrontations all the time but is nonetheless certain that everyone else is the a-hole.

__

Washington - Limitless America in Washougal now asks for photo ID to be able to buy a slide.

This is the direct email LIMITLESS AMERICA received from the customer NOISE RUXEE. Who is Scott Davis from Lynwood, WA.
We refunded the order immediately after he threatened our business as well as me personally. The refund was posted and a notification was sent confirming the refund before this thread was started. He said "I'll personally bubbleguming come for you." (email attached below) F word was used instead of bubbleguming.

We have an address mismatch from gift certificate purchase to order purchase.
We have an IP address mismatch from a location in Colorado.
We also have an email mismatch since it is a fake name like the name used on this thread Noise Ruxee
We simply asked for a State ID to confirm the purchase since I have been shipping products online for 14 years and this from my experience could potentially be fraud or a fraudulent claim could be made.
We also need State ID to confirm the purchaser is 21 years old due to WA State Law.

I would ask that brothers and sisters who serve Jesus Christ to pray for Scott Davis. He needs Jesus Christ in his life. Love you guys we will continue to work hard for everyone and ensure great prices with great customer service since we are here to serve you WE THE PEOPLE. www.limitlessamerica.com

Sent: Monday, April 4, 2022 2:53 PM
To: Eric Hargrave
Subject: Re: order no. 7185, update and tracking

That is not a requirement by law or by any other online retailer. Nor is there any such requirement or ordinance enacted in Washington state. All of this will be posted online. You will be run out of business. I'll personally bubbleguming come for you.

Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow...that dude is a wack job! Thanks for digging that up NWG! :thumbsup2:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:34 pm

dreadi wrote:
Many businesses have forwarding email. I am one of those businesses.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
Type 07 Class 2 NFA Dealer
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

So much this. I routinely use a dead-end "spam trap" email if I have to post an address in the open to "background check" contacts before I reply from my real email.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:04 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NWGunner wrote:
Well…this guy couldn’t shut up, and posted this across multiple Forums.

Here’s a response on 1911Forum, where he looks like a complete ass:

Austin_TX
·
Registered
Joined Nov 16, 2014 · 549 Posts
#14 · Apr 5, 2022

Can now confirm that OP is an idiot and a nutjob. He posted this same rant on several other forums, with the same results. The vendor responded on one forum and posted the email in which the OP threatened (or propositioned?) him, saying, “I will personally f-ing come for you.” (See below.)

No doubt this insane loser and obnoxious failure of a human being gets in ridiculous confrontations all the time but is nonetheless certain that everyone else is the a-hole.

__

Washington - Limitless America in Washougal now asks for photo ID to be able to buy a slide.

This is the direct email LIMITLESS AMERICA received from the customer NOISE RUXEE. Who is Scott Davis from Lynwood, WA.
We refunded the order immediately after he threatened our business as well as me personally. The refund was posted and a notification was sent confirming the refund before this thread was started. He said "I'll personally bubbleguming come for you." (email attached below) F word was used instead of bubbleguming.

We also have an email mismatch since it is a fake name like the name used on this thread Noise Ruxee
We simply asked for a State ID to confirm the purchase since I have been shipping products online for 14 years and this from my experience could potentially be fraud or a fraudulent claim could be made.
We also need State ID to confirm the purchaser is 21 years old due to WA State Law.

I would ask that brothers and sisters who serve Jesus Christ to pray for Scott Davis. He needs Jesus Christ in his life. Love you guys we will continue to work hard for everyone and ensure great prices with great customer service since we are here to serve you WE THE PEOPLE. http://www.limitlessamerica.com

That is not a requirement by law or by any other online retailer. Nor is there any such requirement or ordinance enacted in Washington state. All of this will be posted online. You will be run out of business. I'll personally bubbleguming come for you.

Great digging and thank you for posting this NWG! I emailed Limitless tonight regarding this situation and hoping for a response just like this.

Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:37 pm

I would ask that brothers and sisters who serve Jesus Christ to pray for Scott Davis. He needs Jesus Christ in his life. Love you guys we will continue to work hard for everyone and ensure great prices with great customer service since we are here to serve you WE THE PEOPLE. www.limitlessamerica.com

Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next