Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 PSA: Is your Sticky Holster no longer sticky? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Didn't know where to put this, it's not really a review so much as a PSA.

I had an incident last weekend where my EDC in it's Sticky Holster decided it wanted to migrate further south than I wanted it to. Fortunately I was able to get a couple of fingers on the pistol, pull it up along with the holster and re-situate it. This all took place while we were grocery shopping where digging into your pants is generally frowned upon.

I looked on their website, and they recommend washing the holster with Murphy's Oil Soap, then letting it dry overnight. I did this yesterday, and it's like a new holster. Before I washed it, I could push it along a counter top with one finger, now I have to shove it with my hand to get it to move. Hopefully this means no more southern migrations.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Its all good, I see people rummaging in their pants everyday in the grocery store.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

beckdw wrote:
Its all good, I see people rummaging in their pants everyday in the grocery store.

Yeah and then they want to shake hands with you.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://remoraholsters.com/

I've had both and the Remora is more durable. Might have to try washing my sticky now.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
https://remoraholsters.com/

I've had both and the Remora is more durable. Might have to try washing my sticky now.

Their website is fucking retarded. No pistol fitment widget. Fumble around in the "shop"... nothing... search my pistol... nothing...

go to "product info" page and find a fitment chart... a HUGE list of pistols to sift through... find a Smith revo with similar attributes to my pistol (which isn't specifically listed, but okay)... note holster model number.

SEARCH model number... "No products were found matching your selection."

Wah Wah Wah wahhhhh.

I like my sticky. Had it for years. It's been covered with drywall dust, thinset, and every other manner of construction detritus. But it's wearing a little thin over the cylinder finally... might replace it this year... with another sticky.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No problems here. Wash your underwear first. :wink05:

Divided we fall.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hippies wear underwear?

So... just saw this in an email ad today. Sentry's hex grip, pocket holster. Here, now you know as much or more than do I:

https://sentrytactical.com/sentry-hexgr ... t-holster/

Looks like it's ribbed for your pleasure...

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
I looked on their website, and they recommend washing the holster with Murphy's Oil Soap, then letting it dry overnight. I did this yesterday, and it's like a new holster. Before I washed it, I could push it along a counter top with one finger, now I have to shove it with my hand to get it to move. Hopefully this means no more southern migrations.

Good to know. Checked a couple of mine that haven't been used lately, and they aren't as tacky as I remember. Probably could use a rinse. They are options for my summer EDC, when I go with more than my Speedo.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]