Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Recommendations for gun/ammo safe and car case? 

Hi folks,

What bags, cases, or safes would you folks recommend? Where would you recommend buying them from, or can I just go with the cheapest seller online?

--
Context:

I've just gotten into the wonderful world of guns, after having rented or used friends' guns for a long while now.
As such, I need to get the right gear to store and transport them safely and securely.

I live with my folks for the next year (just moved back to WA + saving for a house) in a pretty safe neighbourhood.
I'd be transporting guns and ammo in the trunk of my car to shoot at some spots along the 90 and north of Rainier NP, and I'm considering joining an outdoor range in Redmond.

What I'd need to fit:
I currently have 1 shotgun (32"), a rifle (24"), and a full size pistol. I've also got ~250 each of 9mm, 5.56, and 12g shells.
In the coming years, I'd also like to pick up a compact for CC, a bolt action, and an AK (along with the 7.62 rounds).

--

Thanks very much!!

Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:03 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

First, good for you for buying cases for your guns. Waaaay too many people just toss them in the car, or wrap them in a blanket, and then “muzzle” everyone when putting the guns in or out of the car.

I don’t have specific recommendations about brand or retailer, but I’ll give two general recommendations based on my experience:

1) Cheap cases are fine. I have lots of $15 pistol cases and $25 rifle cases, and they do their job just fine, which is to temporarily hold a gun while being transported. For general use, I don’t get too much benefit from “extras” like lots of pockets or shoulder straps.

2) Plan for the future. Buy rifle cases that are longer than what you think you need, and buy pistol cases that can hold more than one gun.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:39 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any double rifle case will fit your needs.
VooDoo Tactical Men's Deluxe Padded Weapons Case https://a.co/4EPQWlI

That will fit your entire assortment, but it will be heavy.

Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace Case is made in the USA.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tuffy Security has lockable steel console, underseat, and truck bed boxes.

Bulldog had a line and was group buying (on tos) a pistol case that clicked in and out of a frame bolted to the floorboards of your car or truck.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:43 am

Appreciate all the help folks, I ended up going with a lockable 2-gun bag and lockable .50 cal plastic bins off amazon, as well as a small (12-gun) winchester from a Tractor Supply Co. I'll drop a pic once it's all organized at home.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]