Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Academy and safe delivery 

So I moved out to KC. I didn't want my old sentry 20 gun safe so I left that to the buyer of my house. I had money in the budget for a bigger safe. But there isn't a good safe store out here like northwest safe and I shopped around. I wanted them to deliver to my basement so I had selected to get something that would fit through that door. Width was 29 inches. There were several places, we got Bass Pro, Shceels, Cabelas and something called Nebraska Furniture Mart which I have dealt with their delivery with couches and they are all right. I should have gone through them in retrospect. I picked out a Sports Afield safe at academy that held 48 guns and had the dimensions I was pretty sure could fit through the door to where I wanted it to go. Their delivery was through a 3rd party called Assemblers Inc. and had I known how they handled things I would have gone a different route. The technician I went through requested photos of the the path going to where I wanted it to go and all the pertinent dimensions they needed to calculate the path in to see it was feasible. Gave them that delivery to your garage was $200 and delivery up or down a level was $397, I agreed on that and she set up a time and date when the delivery was supposed to take place.

They never showed up.

Called up the service, they apologized and said they would call at the end of the day trying to figure out what was going on, they never did. Played this game for about a week calling them and having them say they will call me back and them never getting back to me till I had enough of that and called the store where I bought the safe from and said I was thinking about returning the safe(which I never took possession of) since the delivery people wont get back to me.

Store manager called me right back and profusely apologized about this and that he was in touch with the regional delivery guy to find out what was going on. Apparently they have a central office somewhere that dispatches everything and they did not know he was out in Georgia fishing or something (not my problem but I did not care) but this guy got a hold of me the next day. He had to see if the safe would fit so he stopped by and got the dimensions of the path. I took interior doors off hinges so I knew this thing was going to fit. He texted me back that evening saying delivery was going to be next day I thought we were fine.

I was at work the wife texted me saying the safe would not fit and the back up position I selected would not work either. It was at this point I should have told them to take the safe back and I would get my refund, but i was going to Florida next week and there was no way I was going to leave my collection of bubble gum cards (that's all I got ATF if you are actually reading this) un-secured so I told here to have them put in in the dining room out of view. So they put in through the front door moved it 5 feet from the front door and plopped in front of the front bay window letting the whole neighborhood know I have a huge safe to steal.
Was upset about it, but I didn't have time to complain, I had to go on vacation, I tried getting a partial refund of the delivery fee because they could not put it where I wanted to but they pointed out in the fine print the delivery does not guarantee that. Which did not make me happy.

I will not put down the folks at Academy for they genuinely tried to help me out, but I will probably not go through them with any big ticket items again because Assembler's inc, the people they go through to deliver and install were the ones that put me through so much grief in this matter. I have been searching through their website which to lodge a written grievance but I cannot find any except a general email for queries. I gather they would not like to hear from me anymore anyway.

So I found out that these guys do delivery and install for a lot of other retailers, you might run into them if you have to get a bbq put together or some heavy thing delivered. I will probably steer clear of them in the future and at least if you made it this far reading this you would probably think twice about using them as well.

Cheers guys, and learn from my missteps

Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why wouldn't the safe fit in either location? Not compensate for the lock? Too tall coming down the steps? They are just lazy and incompetent?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]