Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 amazing realtor for North Idaho and good links for research 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As many of you know we relocated to North Idaho. Usually we make a habit out of researching the hell out of things, going over online reviews and interviewing several realtors before deciding on one. As chance would have it when we were in CDA a few years back we were in a coffee shop chatting with some relatives we were visiting and a lady waiting on a coffee order saw us looking at real estate and talking about homes we were interested in. She mentioned her husband was a realtor and we wanted to see homes on short notice so she hooked us up and he took us to see homes that same day. Over the next few years when we'd visit CDA we'd sometimes have him show us homes but never found the right one.

Fast forward a few years, we finally moved to a rental in Hayden and began our North Idaho search full time. Stephen our agent was patient and saw dozens of homes with us over the course of a year. Got to say, we lucked out and found the best agent in the entire north panhandle. No joke. I've had about 10 different real estate agents in the last 15 years across 4 states (CA, AK, WA, ID) and I've seen everything the good the bad and the ugly. This one we found was hands down the best agent I have ever, ever worked with. Over the last year he worked with us and we looked at over 50 homes, possibly even close to 100 homes *after a while we lost count). The guy has stamina. He's an expert on urban, suburban and rural properties. He knows a lot about almost everything under the sun about laws, codes, counties, building types, utilities, HOAs/CCRs, land, wells, taxes, etc. He's also a great negotiator and helped us get our final property down almost half a million in price from where it started. He's also very friendly and not pushy. Cannot over-emphasize how hard it is find even a half decent realtor and this guy was incredible. The booming Idaho market that is now cooling down made everyone and their mother see dollar signs and think they could sell homes, and a lot of bad agents resulted. We saw everything you could imagine, people lying about sq ft, lot size, building type, HOAs/CCRs, hell we even had one lady lie about bedroom count because we told her the house was overpriced for 2 bedrooms so she changed the listing to 3 bedrooms, we had Stephen file a complaint with the local MLS and they forced her to fix it. Having a good realtor is priceless.

Idaho is a non disclosure state meaning people don't report sale prices to the state and the reason is to help keep property taxes down as county assessors can't see your purchase price. However it makes making real estate comps hard but agents can do it by pulling data from the non-public MLS backend. He helped us craft actual comps and develop offer strategies. It took us a year because we are extremely picky. We wanted acreage bordering usable state land or timber company land, we wanted a farmhouse, we didn't want to be near a major highway or railroad and we wanted it to be within 30 minutes of CDA and we wanted to get a good deal on it. It was very difficult to pull that off but he did it. Cannot over emphasize how impressed we were with him. His name is Stephen Preston and he's with the Sinclair Broker Team at Keller Williams in Coeur d'Alene. If you choose him tell him Kevin sent you his way and you expect great things. I am referring him to all my coworkers who are also escaping WA. If you're thinking about moving to north Idaho I highly recommend contacting Stephen.
https://www.realtor.com/realestateagent ... 0010b7dff1

Also, here are some other resources we had that worked well in our home search:
Idaho well map, shows you wells and their stats, you can search by address or browse around maps to see what wells are like in an area (ie: how deep, how much they produce, their age, the company that drilled them, etc)
https://idwr.idaho.gov/wells/find-a-well-map/

Idaho fire map and archive (see where and when forest fires occurred)
https://idfg.idaho.gov/ifwis/maps/realtime/fire/

antenna search map, ideally you don't want to be too far from cell towers but you don't want to live less than 400 meters from them either for health
https://www.antennasearch.com/

also, get landglide for your desktop and your phone, it was INVALUABLE for seeing who owns what and where property lines are while you're walking properties and also to see where state land, timber company land and who owns which parcels around you and how big they are:
https://landglide.com/

you can use google maps satellite view to see where highways and railroads are, word of warning, terrain geography channels sound differently so sometimes even if a train is further away you might hear it due to shape of the land than other places with terrain that shields you from noise, but generally further is better

Another cool thing is these maps and services websites and apps all have different cached satellite overlays on them, meaning if you compare them all you can see back in time which will tell you if a nearby neighbor's junkyard grew or shrunk or if a road expanded or if an area was being developed and how fast.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for all of this fantastic info. I've toyed with the idea of Idaho and I think northern ID suits us better than near Boise. I've only been to CDA and Priest Lake once though, before my family. Interesting experience. If you don't mind I'm going to PM a question.

edit: Eh, screw it. I'll bring it up here in case others have an opinion.

The one thing that causes hesitation for me is the stigma of northern ID and racial intolerance or whatever you want to call it. I went out there, gosh, must have been about 20-22 years ago? Anyway I'm half Asian and it's fairly obvious, although many think I look more Polynesian. When I was out there I never had any altercations or even any negative comments, but I absolutely saw people leering at me and felt a little uncomfortable at times.

My hesitation about ID isn't for my safety, I can take care of myself. It's more for my daughter who doesn't really look like any other ethnicity specifically, just not white.

I remember seeing another Asian person comment recently, can't remember if it was here or on Reddit, about an issue they had within the last year or two while in ID.

Are there still issues like this in ID or is that a relic from the past?

Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great question. I remember reading a lot about that with the neo nazis that used to live near Hayden Lake about 30-40 years ago. I can tell you they are gone and the community not only took away their compound but all of them left the area as far as I know. The local libtard press tried pretending the nazis were going to have a rally recently and no one showed up, so the leftist press that hates the population up here and operates on grants from Soros and other Dem donors does occasionally use them as a Boogeyman but honestly I haven't met or heard of a single racist person up here. One of my neighbors up by Spirit Lake is ethnically Polynesian and came here after meeting his wife at college and he decided to move here from Hawai'i. Everyone I've met up here is very friendly and I've never encountered a trace of bias. There are a lot of conservative people and libertarians but what I've found is they are all about equality, respect and most importantly individualism and not relying on government. I'll be honest most people up here are caucasion but whenever encountering anyone else I've never seen any non-whites treated with anything but respect and friendliness. I have a Chinese friend and as mentioned the Polynesian friend and a new neighbor whose family immigrated from Mexico and none of them have ever told me they ever felt any hostility of any kind because of race.

In terms of neighbors the neighbors I had in the city in Hayden were very friendly and the new neighbors I have in the country are even more friendly, it reminds me of the Midwest in terms of attitude. Often you hang out at your neighbors' porch for a glass of wine or a beer and chat because in the country aside from chores there isn't much to do. Really love it.

If you can afford to get out then I advise doing it. Don't wait. Live your dream. We put our heads down and kept our mouths shut over in the Puget Sound shithole for years because we thought it was the responsible thing to do to earn money. But you only live once. We feel so much better living out here.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This might not be related to your question, seeing how we live in Nampa but my wife is 100% Filipino and no problems here at all.

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had thought about southern Idaho but was way too hot for us, northern Idaho was the most similar climate to western WA we could find. Also down there you have rattlesnakes and whatnot. I don't deal well with venomous animals. Around CDA/Post Falls/Rathdrum/Hayden/Athol/Spirit Lake we don't have rattlers.

However southern Idaho is better bird hunting area, so my uncle gives me a lot of shit I didn't move closer to Boise.

Quote:

Quote:

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tagged

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]