Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hidden Hybrid Holsters - Good Stuff!! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Came across a post about these guys over on NWFA a couple of weeks ago http://www.hiddenhybridholsters.com/

The guy had nothing but good stuff to say about them so I went and checked out the website. I liked the look of their stuff and it looked like it was well made. I also liked the fact that their holsters have slots cut into them so they can be used as OWB as well as IWB. I've been thinking about picking up another holster for my PM9 and MK9 so I figured I'd give one of these a chance at $60. The price shipped to my door was $67.

So I placed my order last Sunday at right around midnight. Their FAQ page says the current lead time on holsters is 2 - 4 weeks. Not unreasonable for a custom holster. Well on Tuesday I got an e-mail saying that they had mailed me a package via first class mail and there it was in my mailbox when I got home from work on Thursday!! :bow: :shocked4: So I haven't had it long enough to be able to give it a full endorsement but I've been wearing it since I got it (except Friday, can't carry at work) and it's very comfortable. So far I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks nice. Have you worn it both ways yet? IWB & OWB?

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, gonna try one of these for my XDs as soon as I get it back from Springfield.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cdoniguian wrote:
Looks nice. Have you worn it both ways yet? IWB & OWB?

Haven't used it OWB yet. I very rarely carry OWB, but liked the idea of having the ability to do both with a single holster.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ya I like the IWB/OWB option too, just because you don't have to buy another holster for the few occasional times you want to carry OWB. The reason this post caught my eye was the fact that recently I noticed some of these smaller holster shops advertise on Facebook so I went and searched "holsters" on Facebook to find more of them in case I might find a solid holster that doesn't have an actual website but just a Facebook page. Hidden Hybrid was one of the first search queries and I'm not sure if that's based on popularity on Facebooks part but the product and reviews really stuck out comparatively. It looked like a solid holster and I never read a review that saying anything bad about them. I've been rocking kydex IWB Holsters for the most part and I've been really curious about the hybrid galco king tuck styled Holsters. Especially the custom ones since Galco doesn't offer the king tuck for custom setups with lasers or tac lights. I might give Hidden Hybrid a whirl.

Question: Are the Chicago screws on the holes near the trigger guard there for adjusting the width around the sides of the gun? By adding spacer washers or something?

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

not any different than a crossbreed just name

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EverettsFinest wrote:
Question: Are the Chicago screws on the holes near the trigger guard there for adjusting the width around the sides of the gun? By adding spacer washers or something?

Yes, the screws have a short length of rubber tubing on them that you can cut down to adjust the retention on the holster. I cut mine down a little to tighten it up.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]