Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 MARY'S PISTOLS IN TACOMA - GREAT GUNS, GREAT PEOPLE! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like the title says. I went down to this shop, tempted into making the trip in pursuit of one of the Holy Grails of gun ownership - the mythical hex receiver Tula Moisin Nagant. First, it is easy access off of I - 5, needing just a couple of left right lefts - three streets only to turn on, before you are there in the parking lot. Then, the shop, albeit small, is crammed to the rafters with stuff - lots of wheel guns, a shitload of automatics, the latest and greatest in technology, as well as the BEST selection of used top quality guns i have seen in a store in a long time. That includes all of the big dogs in the Seattle / Bellevue area.

I got to meet the owner, who is a great gun guy, friendly, personable, and the kind of guy you want to know better, and go shooting with. His staff? Same kind of folks, headlined by BHP DREW, your very own Wa Guns member. Kudos to a guy who knows his stuff, and does not toot his affiliation with the store on any of the forums he is a member of. I personally think he should talk more about some of the stuff that Mary's Pistols stocks in, but it would be a full time job.

I saw everything from Moisins to Saiga's, Brownings to Sigs, Walthers to Ruger's, and more used drool inducing firearms in the used gun category than you could shake a stick at. And the best part? THE PRICES! Pricing on the new stuff was better than any other shop in Seattle / Bellevue overall, consistently. And, the used stuff? Same thing. It was worth the trip, gas money, and time to check out their store. I never felt rushed, or pushed by anyone, and planned out a few new purchases there as a result. In fact, when i talked about a K-98 offered by someone else, i was advised to pick it up as a good deal, and a good future investment. That is customer service.

Great folks, great selection, great service. Get your asses down there, and check it out for your self. That way, i don't have to bankrupt myself trying to buy all of the cool stuff that they have available!

Oh, I almost forgot, they also have a very reputable well known gunsmith who recently moved into the same building, same entry door, so you can get wrenching and custom work done right there on the spot - BHP Drew will have to post the guy's name so you all know who i am talking about - i forgot the name of the gunsmith, walking out to my car, dreaming, and drooling over the new plans for more guns for my arsenal, given more dollars to spend!

All in all, a great experience. And, it takes a lot to impress an old prick like me!

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Mary's people is good people. I was not aware that there are other firearm establishments in this state.

Could they legally mix a FFL with a Liquor Licence?...........they would make more money than Davy Crockett.

Last edited by tomy salami on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great review guys!

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tomy salami wrote:
Mary's people is good people. I was not aware that there other firearm establishments in the state.

Could they legally mix a FFL with a Liquor Licence?...........they would make more money than Davy Crockett.

Now, that would be the shit, there ! BHP Drew as bartender, and G.M of the smoke shop too. Cigars, pipes, and combustibles.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Man, cool review. Still on my list to visit...

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:12 pm
Profile WWW

Wait...you made it out of there without buying a gun? How the heck did you do that?

I'm so confused right now???

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great review, Rene!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
tomy salami wrote:
Mary's people is good people. I was not aware that there other firearm establishments in the state.

Now, that would be the shit, there ! BHP Drew as bartender, and G.M of the smoke shop too. Cigars, pipes, and combustibles.

You know what they say, "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Federal Agency".

As for their success, it's refreshing to see a "gun store" that actually stocks GUNS! The more the better. Nothing irks me more than to go into a store to buy a gun and all they have is a few glocks, a 1911 or two, and just catalog pictures for the rest that they will be happy to order for you (with cash in advance of course).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mxsjw wrote:
Wait...you made it out of there without buying a gun? How the heck did you do that?

Nope, I found the elusive hex receiver Tula Moisin Nagant 91 30. Straight out of the crate, filled up with so much cosmoline, it weighs twice as much as it should ! You know you are a sick bastard of a gun nut when that is a huge plus to buying - facing hours of cleaning industrial grade military storage sludge from an impeccable classic beast of a rifle ! I wanted the Browning heavy machine gun sitting in one of the racks as well, but it had no cosmoline on it, so I had to pass. I need a major cash transfusion to go back to the store with - there is just way too much cool stuff to choose from, especially in the used hand gun category. Like dying, and going to gun heaven. Really.

BE ON NOTICE:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:18 am

RENCORP wrote:
mxsjw wrote:

Nope, I found the elusive hex receiver Tula Moisin Nagant 91 30.

Oh, okay...now I feel better. For a moment there I thought things had changed since I was last there.

:kewlpics: ???

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:50 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Have to throw out the double thumbs up for Mary's! Went there today and WOW. Very cool shop, nice people. I was in heaven seeing "Bersa Magazines" written on a box. Finally I bought 2 9mm's after a year of not finding mags for my carry, and being too lazy to order online or mail order. Checking the order sheet from bersa they are actually more by a buck so I'm glad I waited. Saved a couple bucks and supported a cool shop.

Also their TULA 7.62x54r non corrosive was only 5.50 a box. Great price to pay to have a few boxes of NC to let friends shoot and not have to do the whole corrosive treatment afterward.

If I ever win the lottery Mary's will be my first stop!! so many freaking cool things to play with....

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, thanks for the heads up on the TULA 7.62x54r ammo.

I just ordered some mil surplus, but now I have an excuse to stop by Mary's.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
If I ever win the lottery Mary's will be my first stop!! so many freaking cool things to play with....

QFT

I'd clean the shelves and fill the order book with must-haves.

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:49 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

kalopsia wrote:
Wow, thanks for the heads up on the TULA 7.62x54r ammo.

I just ordered some mil surplus, but now I have an excuse to stop by Mary's.

Glad to help. I have paid over 2x that else where for the same ammo. I like to have a few boxes on hand of the non corrosive..

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Today I also went to Mary's (with Olydemon). I have never been to Mary's before, and it was always on my buckets list. Let me tell you something, that shop is awesome! Nestled in the back of Swedish Ski Lodge themed strip mall, a small (very small) gun store resides. Now, don't let the lack of square footage scare you; What they lack in size, they make for with inventory. This place is STACKED to the ceiling with guns and parts. Their gun selection would rival some of the big box stores and the prices.... Oh the prices would put the big boys out of business if people knew.

My intention with going to Mary's was to go an molest the new XDm 3.8 in .45acp...NOBODY else had them in stock and I refuse to buy a defensive weapon without knowing how it at least feels in my hand. Well, needless to say, my molesting turned into an infatuation, in which bhpdrew satisfied by lightening my wallet. Yes, I walked out of there with a new XDm (post to follow in gun pics shortly).

Overall I was impressed. From the size, to the prices, to the inventory and to the staff. Everything was top notch. And if you go in, make sure to ask for Sugar.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next