Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mission Belt - Review 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am a pretty big Shark Tank junkie, and admittedly, have bought quite a few things that I have seen debuted on the show. Probably one of my most used items is the Mission Belt. When I saw this on the Tank, I instantly thought of the potential as a dressy gun belt.

During the week, I wear slacks, so my big basketweave belt isn't dressy enough for work purposes, but I still want to be able to carry. So, about a year an a half ago, I bought the Mission Belt. I have held off on a review until I really was able to put this thing through the paces.

First off, why did I buy the Mission Belt? Well, honestly, it was because of the adjust-ability. The "zip-tie" style system caught my eye! I really liked the fact that the small incremental adjustments on the fly fit my daily life. As a daily belt wearer, I am constantly adjusting my belt depending on food, pant ride height etc. The Mission Belt makes that very easy. I often found myself in the position of having a belt where one hold was too tight, and the other too loose (get your minds out of the gutter fellas). Especially when you put a gun into the mix, this belt makes carrying it easy.

In all reality, it's just a belt. It feels like a belt and rides like a belt. The main reason why it is still my EDB (Every day belt) is the fact that it supports my EDC (XD9sc) very well, and even after 16 months, still looks and supports like the day I bought it. There is no marks from the IWB holster (Crossbreed SuperTuck), even with the metal clips!

The one I bought is the one shown above, it's called the BattleShip. Since then, many colors and styles have been added, as well as a new 40mm width version. I may buy one of the new wider ones soon, just to give my wardrobe a little more option.

So, if anybody is looking for a dressy style belt, or just in the market for a new belt, I highly suggest looking at the Mission Belt. Also, the "Mission" in Mission Belt is for a reason; every purchase of a belt, a dollar goes to help people in impoverished nations.

And, for a short video on how this little gem works:

Youtube link for the tapatalkers: http://youtu.be/qkxIRingkAg

Thu May 22, 2014 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why does it have a dick on the buckle?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thu May 22, 2014 6:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i've had one these style belts since about a decade ago. picked it up when I was in korea. Never did understand why the US never had these ratchet style buckles.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:02 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

crosse wrote:
i've had one these style belts since about a decade ago. picked it up when I was in korea. Never did understand why the US never had these ratchet style buckles.

I agree.. The idea is so basic. I am just glad it's held up so well under load!

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quick question, is it stiff enough for CCW? (based on how easily it stays coiled in the pic you posted). All my gun belts basically want to be straight.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

crosse wrote:

Still have it?
I'd like to see a picture of how it's holding up.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We have been using a ratchet style belt in the Air Force forever. This is not new, the style however is new. There is no style in the military. Nice belt, I may have to pick up one of the Rasta ones.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmm...interesting. Does it handle the weight of a full size gun?

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
crosse wrote:

Still have it?

I gave it to my dad since the 1.25" belt wasn't even close to enough to carry a gun. He's been wearing it every day for about...5 years now. looks pretty darn good if you ask me. it has some surface stress wear but it's got years still left in it.

I emailed the peoples they told me the belts are all the same, buckles differ, they recommended the 40mm buckle.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I need one with no exposed metal.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

It holds my CCW fine, as my review stated. For OC Purposes, it will twist, unless you are like me and position a belt loop in between the holster loops (when aligned, depends on the pantaloons).

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You got me to order one Dan, I sprung for the Iron buckle with black leather, looks classy.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:57 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Tag for after Christmas

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
crosse wrote:

Still have it?

Ok so just like Dan I too am a Shark Tank fan and got a Mission belt when I saw their Debut so with that said here are my complaints about it.

It says its real leather, well I call BS on that. When you wear it on say the left side for too long the buckle will start chewing the end of the belt and can come un-belted (luckily I was at home when it happened). So to remedy this you either have to cut the small chewed up part off for the buckle to bite or change up which way you wear it.

Secondly, the little plastic teeth can and will break and if it is on the broken tooth you literally cannot un-latch the buckle and have to slide the belt off. The remedy to this is I put a staple through it to ensure the buckle does not bite on that set of teeth and wrapped it with Gorilla Tape.

In my honest this belt has held up very well under what I would call harsh conditions as I wore this everyday at work and in my off time. It does carry a J-Frame in a holster fairly well for me.

I just got my new 40mm in the mail last week and so so good but again I think if they made out of real leather and didnt say "Made in China" they would last a lifetime but I digress...

Just my .02

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
I need one with no exposed metal.

same here, leather ones last about 2yrs tops in my trade with wear and tear.

z66 so what your saying with the staple there it acts as if we have to suck our guts in for it to loosen? stuff looks like pleather

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next