Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Brown Box Ammo Guy (Puyallup) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got some bad ammo from there made by washougal.

300 BO 147gn that wouldn't fire and wouldn't extract. I tried about a dozen rounds and none of it went boom. I had previously bought some 125gn and it works just fine. When I got home I measured and the shoulder was further back than spec.

I contacted washougal and they messaged me back at like 10:30 at night, waking me up. They were less than helpful. Went back to BBAG the next day but Tim wasn't there. Went back again the following day and Tim swapped it out for 9mm since I wasn't too trusting of the 300. I don't know if washougal converts the brass themselves or not but the shoulder issue is unacceptable either way. Tim was under the impression that the brass was new and washougal just loads it. I don't think he understood the problem with the shoulder being too far back or what "factory reload" means.

I have been holding off on posting anything till I take my 300 out again with some other ammo (noveske) I bought from Tim. I'd like to make sure it's the ammo and not the gun before I pass judgement. My barrel is a KAK 8.5" pistol barrel and I'm sure if there was a problem with those I would have heard about it by now since they are all over the interwebz. Tim was going to try the stuff I brought back in his gun to check it out. I'm going to call him this week to see how that went and report back with how the noveske ammo worked.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmm. Washougals 300 Blackout brass was coming from a pretty reliable source at one time.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've dealt with Tim on multiple occasions, especially when Dom was shooting 9mm a couple years ago. Had some bad 9mm (2 boxes out of 4), WRCC actually. Tim was of great help and even offered to run Dom up some different ammo during the match he was shooting at PB. I couldn't ask for better customer service than that. I know Tim prides himself on taking care of his customers and standing behind what he sells. I don't know the situation, but my interactions with him have been good, even when the ammo wasn't. WRCC has had some issues with certain calibers. I now stay away from their 9mm, but have had great experiences with their 45 ACP and .223.

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now ... as I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Interesting. The YL and I shoot Washougal 9mm and I shoot their 300 Blackout. Shot it today.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have shot 500rds of WRCC 9mm with no problems myself.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shot 2500 9mm wrcc in 3 day class no issues. Just goes to show a bad batch can happen to everyone.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
Hmmm. Washougals 300 Blackout brass was coming from a pretty reliable source at one time.

Converted from 5.56?

I measured a bunch of cartridges in the box and they were all under the specs.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
dan360 wrote:

Converted from 5.56?

I measured a bunch of cartridges in the box and they were all under the specs.

Yessir cut down 5.56 ... I'm not privy to who the current supplier is but initially the processor/supplier they used has a very good rep.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the last 500 rounds of their 9mm shot just fine, it was just the first 500 ( 2 boxes) of the 1000 we bought. And when I say issues, I mean like unable to get 5 rounds to fire in row with no malfunctions. Suffered everything from failures to fire, short strokes caused by low powder charges, bullets seated to long, it really wasa train wreck. The 500 rounds of replacement 9mm shot just fine. Still put me off enough that I tend to stay clear of it.

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now ... as I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn

Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:44 am

No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

C-dog wrote:
Well, what can I say. This is the worst business experience I have ever had and I will never, under any circumstance, be visiting this place again. I suggest that you heed my warning and stay safe. I was treated incredibly rudely by the owner over bad reload ammo that he sold me. He became belligerent after I asked him what he was going to do about it. The ammo that he sold me, the same ammo that his wife claimed was great and never had any problems with and that she shot all the time, blew up in two different guns I own and even hurt someone that was with me shooting at Champion Arms. The SRO at Champion helped me to discover that it was the ammo and not the guns with the problem and suggested that I return the ammo as it was unsafe to fire. They even kept a casing so that the owner at Champion would have evidence to talk with the owner at BBAG.
The clown at BBAG offered to exchange with me for another box of Washougal reload 40 after telling me I was stupid for shooting the "bad run" in two different guns. I found his comment degrading and inflammatory. Who would exchange garbage for another box of garbage? He went so far as to tell me to get the "hell out of his business" because he was not going to give me a refund, even though I had never asked for one! STAY AWAY from this business as they, the clown and his clown wife, both lack integrity.

I smell a troll....... brownbox ammo sell the same damn thing "brad" does

I have dealt with both sellers and not had a problem with 9mm or 45. If that was the case go see the big guy " Washougal" leave the middle man out of it.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:37 am

cmica wrote:
C-dog wrote:
Well, what can I say. This is the worst business experience I have ever had and I will never, under any circumstance, be visiting this place again. I suggest that you heed my warning and stay safe. I was treated incredibly rudely by the owner over bad reload ammo that he sold me. He became belligerent after I asked him what he was going to do about it. The ammo that he sold me, the same ammo that his wife claimed was great and never had any problems with and that she shot all the time, blew up in two different guns I own and even hurt someone that was with me shooting at Champion Arms. The SRO at Champion helped me to discover that it was the ammo and not the guns with the problem and suggested that I return the ammo as it was unsafe to fire. They even kept a casing so that the owner at Champion would have evidence to talk with the owner at BBAG.
The clown at BBAG offered to exchange with me for another box of Washougal reload 40 after telling me I was stupid for shooting the "bad run" in two different guns. I found his comment degrading and inflammatory. Who would exchange garbage for another box of garbage? He went so far as to tell me to get the "hell out of his business" because he was not going to give me a refund, even though I had never asked for one! STAY AWAY from this business as they, the clown and his clown wife, both lack integrity.

I smell a troll....... brownbox ammo sell the same damn thing "brad" does

I have dealt with both sellers and not had a problem with 9mm or 45. If that was the case go see the big guy " Washougal" leave the middle man out of it.

My thoughts as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:35 am

What you unfortunately fail to realize is that he runs a business just as I do and it is never, never, good practice to insult your patrons. That is why I posted. You can keep your comments as far as I am concerned to yourself. You probably are the owner I talked about for all I know. Maybe get your sense of smell checked.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

C-dog wrote:
What you unfortunately fail to realize is that he runs a business just as I do and it is never, never, good practice to insult your patrons. That is why I posted. You can keep your comments as far as I am concerned to yourself. You probably are the owner I talked about for all I know. Maybe get your sense of smell checked.

Is this the same attitude you presented when talking to Tim? Do you commonly insult people when trying to get your point across? Good form! Makes everyone want to listen to what you have to say and adds such a great contribution to this discussion and really the firearms community as a whole. Well written review and follow up thumbsup

Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

C-dog wrote:

Rude.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next