Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Priority One Firearms (Edmonds) 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

thefuryoffire wrote:
Typically speaking there is a covenant (contract) that you are forced to sign in order to buy a house in an HOA.

That may give them an interest and allow them to file a valid lien - but not a mechanic's lien.

:yes:

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Hello. I’ll cut to the point. This is Sam from Priority One Firearms, who many of you have spoken to. I usually don’t discuss my personal life (very personal as you will soon see). However, I was sent this link and figured it would be easier to explain the situation here rather than individually. So here is the situation, unedited:

First some facts. The business belongs to Jessica (my ex-wife). Ownership of the business has always been in her name, banking etc. She ran 100% of the administrative and side. Basically I was an ‘employee’ who talked about guns. Jessica did all the licensing, paperwork, forms, etc.

Not to long ago (well about a year and a half now, feels like a short time) Jessica had a mental breakdown. She attempted to commit suicide in front of our son. She cut her wrist and had a gun to her head when I got home and wrestled it away from her. I dragged her to her psychologist who attempted to medicate her. Just as I was getting back to work after this (awhile later, not like the next day) I got home to find that Jessica had lied about taking medication and tried to commit suicide again. When she wasn’t able to she took my son and left the state with nothing (no clothes, supplies, etc). All before I got home. To this day I don’t know where she or my son are, somewhere in Oregon but where specifically I don’t know. Oh, and she took $6,000 from my personal account and emptied the business account and racked up about $10,000 debt on the business credit card (and about $20,000 on my other credit cards).

This led to me going to court. A year later and an unbelievable amount of money spent on attorneys I end up with shared custody. I still don’t know where they live but I get my son for most of the summers and holidays and some weekends. In the meantime Jessica had another child which she is claiming is mine. Oddly enough the child was born 12 months after the last time I had ever seen Jessica (plus its not like we were having much of a sex life while she was trying to kill herself). I’m not a doctor but that doesn’t seem right. The court denied a paternity test because that wouldn’t be ‘fair’ to the mother, the child is assumed to be mine since Jessica says it is (that’s enough for the court), and even though I have to pay child support I don’t have any visitation rights (because of age).

So we skip forward to late 2017. I’m paying so much child support that even though I already work 2 jobs I only take home 45% of my actual income and that is before I pay mortgage etc (Since Jessica refused to take the house, I really tried to give it to her). I went to eating 2 “lean cuisine” meals a day because they were quick while I was running back and forth between my normal two jobs plus the extra one I had to take and they were only $1 + tax. I lost a lot of weight. During this time I continued to release silencers (which I admit is a legal grey area but I felt bad for the people who had been waiting for so long). I didn’t take any new orders since the day Jessica left but because the long delays they were still coming up for release.

Now that you know that backstory we’ll get back to the business aspects. There is more that happened but I’ll assume that is enough backstory to paint a picture. Now I knew that the amount of time that I could continue to release cans was limited. The licenses were coming up for renewal. However, once again they were all in Jessica’s name. Even the banking. I have zero access to the bank accounts, only Jessica was on the accounts. Without Jessica I could not renew the licenses. And surprise, she refused to even touch the business in the court proceedings. Plus the court really doesn’t care just saying let it close with her. More so since the divorce was finalized at the end of November the business license stopped being valid then. Along with the business license of course went the FFL and SOT. So obviously I stopped releasing silencers as that would be illegal without a license. I am attempting to work out with the ATF what they want me to do with the silencers I still have. Basically I’m not doing a single thing with the silencers in my possession until the ATF tells me what I can legally do. Hopefully I will just be able to form 3 them to a business that still has a license. I don’t want them in my possession any longer than they have to be.

Now selling the house is a part of the court order (which finalized the divorce). I don’t want to sell the house but I have no option at this point. Oddly enough it is a good thing though since it is the only way that I can pay off the debt that Jessica racked up. If you’re understanding at this point I got screwed bad by the court. Since we are a “no fault” state they decided to grant joint custody and give Jessica ‘joint custody’ of all the money that I don’t have while I kept the debt.

I sympathize with people in this matter. And I am doing everything I can to get rid of these silencers in any legal way I can. However, I’m not risking violating any federal law. This may also take a while since I, once again, work 3 jobs just to eat.

But my big point here is such: when you’re pizza order is wrong (they gave you Hawaiian and you ordered peperoni) do you go after the delivery guy? Do you try to sue him, garnish his wages, stop him from selling his own property, etc? All he did was bring you your pizza. He didn’t make it, he doesn’t own the business, the building, the ingredients or the oven. All he knows is someone did some paperwork and now that its signed off on he hands the person at that address the box he was given.

I know, such a clever metaphor. But its accurate. I will reiterate: I WAS JUST AN EMPLOYEE. I never ran the business. I was there to talk about guns. I don’t even have access to the business’s email account, I have never had access to the banking or even the facebook account. Some of these I used to be able to use but now I find the passwords changed (since they are in Jessica’s name there is nothing I can do about that).

For those of you that still had silencers with the shop I am very sorry that my life falling apart has inconvenienced you. I will continue to find out how to LEGALY get these silencers out of my hands. And once I find out how to do that LEGALY I will notify each individual. Believe me I really really want to be rid of them.

Now I have to get back to work. I will most likely not be checking back here for responses and definitely wont be checking the business email (since I cannot access it). Plus quite frankly don’t expect me to answer the phone. I would give you Jessica’s phone number but I don’t have it. I get a lot of angry calls and trying to explain the situation over the phone doesn’t seem to get through to people.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy fuck. I hate this state. It hates men.

Sorry about your life. Really sorry for your kid.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you for taking the time to explain all that, Sam. It makes a big difference just to hear SOMETHING, rather than just getting silence.

Hopefully you can get something figured out with the ATF quickly, for everyone's sake.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:25 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Wow. That all sounds really horrible.

Are you sure your name was not on the FFL?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:06 pm
Profile WWW

Sam,

I'm extremely sorry to hear all that. It's unfortunate that it's been so hard on you and gone the way it has. I feel for you.

With that said, if you or the ATF need help from an active FFL/SOT, I'd be happy to help. Assuming the customers are ok with it as well. Just shoot me a PM or if it's easier, I can be reached at (360) 602-1445 (Just ask for Mike).

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:42 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Maybe this is harsh, but you still have a responsibility to those that are owed. You undertook an endeavor which involved taking money from people on good faith that you'd follow through on your end. It's a terrible situation you're in, but you need to keep your word, your responsibility, to deliver these goods to those that are owed. And quickly.

Your personal affairs are your own. Business is business. Clearly this situation with your ex is out of your hands. Take control of what you can, the business affairs, and follow through for the good people that trusted you. Your personal issues should not be their burden.
Again, I know this is a bit brutal. Life happens. But when my son was unexpectedly born a month early and I was halfway through a project I didn't tell my customer "sorry, you'll have to wait." I didn't sleep all night but I made phone calls. I stretched myself thin and made sure I had workers on site the next morning to handle my business responsibilities and had that project finished on time as promised. Long story short, handle your business. Maybe it's not much but it's what you have left.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I was trying to keep quiet, but I can't.....

Sam, is a liar.

It sounded a little too "dog ate my homework" to me.....and the when in the beginning, he talks about having two jobs, but then at the end, says he doesn't care what people think, as he's working 3 jobs....and then the ridiculous pizza guy analogy....it was too inconsistent....

Top that off with a judge giving the wife custody after multiple suicide attempts, ......huh?!?

It was too much.

So, I did some checking, and....

Sam name is first on the FFL. You can't find anything current, but I found a back door into spreadsheets of prior years of FFLs on the ATF website. To make it easy in your search, look for FFLs in Edmonds....

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undef ... x/download

9 91 061 01 7M 06064
SPECHT, SAMUEL DAVIS & JESSICA ANN
PRIORITY 1 FIREARMS
5605 141ST ST SW
EDMONDS WA 98026
5605 141ST ST SW
EDMONDS WA 98026 5037085532

So, his wife is not "the only name on the FFL"..

And under the Department of Revenue, he is the Sole Proprietor:

To check the status of this company, go to the link(s) below:
https://secure.dor.wa.gov/gteunauth/_/#3

License Information:New searchPrevious search
Entity name:
SPECHT, SAMUEL DAVIS
Business name:
PRIORITY ONE FIREARMS
Entity type:
Sole Proprietor
UBI:
603-424-365
Business ID: 001
Open
Location ID: 0001
Department of Revenue
Location and Mailing address:
5605 141ST ST SW
EDMONDS, WA, 98026

-----

And every other state busines registration I pull up is the same.....all him.

I'm sorry for the divorce, but everything else he said, being a victim, just an employee, his wife was in charge, everything, including the FFL is in her name, is complete and utter bullshit.

He also is a defendent in lawsuits in King County.

Honesty, it appears, is not his strong suit.

(edited to add FFL info line & correction)

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It looks like Sam is back online.

If I could ask one question, it would be....

If you have something that the ATF said is a go, and gives a green light turn it over to the rightful owner, whom you've received money from, how is it okay for you to keep it, or sell it, if you are not recognized as the legal owner by the ATF, and are no longer an FFL?

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 am

As I had a moment I figured I'd try to address quick issues that arose from the internet mob who as we all know is always all knowing.

1) Yes that is what a judge did. It is all public record and documented in Snohomish county court if you feel the need to request it. Even the trial audio files are public record. It even includes photos, video, recordings and her admitting to attempting suicide. Though she promised not to do it again. It does consist of over 1,000 pages however so I'll just let you read it.

2) A sole proprietor can be two people if the people are married. All the licenses that she filed obviously have my name on them as well. Upon being legally divorced and upon the person who was Jessica Specht ceasing to exist (name change) the license because void.

3) The FFL expired on 12/1/2017 so even if the business license was valid post divorce I cannot do business after that date. And I did release silencers up until that very date.

4) Renewal of the FFL takes information, fingerprints and signatures from all parties on the business license. Even if the business license was still valid I cannot renew the FFL without Jessica and that is not possible.

5) I am involved in many many lawsuits all over. It is a part of my full time job.

6) Up until the date that Jessica left I didn't have a single finger in any of the workings of the business. I had nothing to do with any of the licenses or anything. She even had a stamp with my signature for when I had to 'sign' something too. Obviously this caused issues when I had to try to take things over and get those silencers released. I'll definitely admit to not running the business well as I tried to figure out what the hell was going on.

I know that people are going to say I'm lying and I'm wrong and all the usual things that people on the internet say when they have no idea what they are talking about. To those people all I can say is that I'm sorry you are so upset and I will continue to try and get this sorted out no matter how much more difficult difficult you make it for me. And no I'm not going to sit on her and defend every little statement.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So the answer is you feel it's okay for you to illegally hold property that the ATF views as in the hands of its rightful owner.

Got it.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:41 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ok, but we're not a mob. And most of the responses you received were, in fact, sympathetic. Just a couple people who feel like maybe there's some injustice taking place. But not sure of it. My only dog in this race is looking out for the members of Waguns who found you through this site, and are now seeking help THROUGH THIS SITE, to find an answer to a problem they didn't create.

We're not making anything difficult for you. Your life circumstances are doing that. We're just looking to help members here get what they paid for. What they're owed. Is that unfair? No one is looking to crucify you here. You fell on hard times and that sucks. Just make it right for those who are owed.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Ok, but we're not a mob. And most of the responses you received were, in fact, sympathetic. Just a couple people who feel like maybe there's some injustice taking place. But not sure of it. My only dog in this race is looking out for the members of Waguns who found you through this site, and are now seeking help THROUGH THIS SITE, to find an answer to a problem they didn't create.

We're not making anything difficult for you. Your life circumstances are doing that. We're just looking to help members here get what they paid for. What they're owed. Is that unfair? No one is looking to crucify you here. You fell on hard times and that sucks. Just make it right for those who are owed.

Agreed.

After seeing your name on the FFL, and you saying it wasn't, that's what made things start rolling.

If you look, the first 3 or 4 pages of this thread are ENDORSING you, and recommending you to people. That you were a good guy.

People searched you out because of that.

We then feel obligated to equally shine the light when things go amiss, because we feel bad for those we steered your way and are now having issues.

Many of us here have been through a divorce, and know what a cluster that can be.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Sam, can you detail out next steps for people to receive their property from you? Maybe timeline on your end or status update?

Sorry to see someone go through this. It isn’t easy.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:50 am
Profile WWW

I pm'd him through this site since he has not called me back. When I spoke to the NFA/ATF people they told me he can legally still release it since the business went under after our dealings were complete. I am not super optimistic since he said he is not going to check back here or answer his phone. I really hope this doesn't come to a legal battle. At this point I am not sure if this would be classified as a crime or if it's simply civil? Hopefully there are some lawerly types reading this who can give advice.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next