Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Priority One Firearms (Edmonds) 

Great news and thank you very much!!!

One other question. Does that mean you have the approved Form 4's to go with the suppressors?

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:17 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I apologize, I'm running behind on the calls. The NICS outage and one of my guys calling in sick put me behind. I'll be calling first thing tomorrow, for those I have not already spoken with.

NoEcm, I have most. There are some I was given digital copies of because the stamps are in customers hands already due to lost mail and requests for the ATF to resend them.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:54 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

:thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:08 pm

An update.

I made a call to the ATF today to confirm that they received my letter and to see if there were any questions.

After explaining the situation with the first person I spoke to she said that I needed to talk to the examiner and she promptly transferred me to him.

After explaining the situation again, the examiner he said that he would do the following that allow me to pick up my suppressor:
1. Log into the "archives" system as soon as we were done talking and print out a copy of my approved Form 4.
2. Track down a supervisor, have it approved and for them to put a "seal" on the copy making it an official copy (the seal must be some sort of embossing stamp?).
3. When I asked the examiner what kind of time frame we were looking at he said he was going to have this done and in the mail either today or tomorrow at the latest.

Great news!!!

Mike_P: thanks for taking this over from Priority One and I'll be contacting you to schedule the pickup as soon as I receive my Form 4.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:19 pm

NoEcm wrote:
An update.

I made a call to the ATF today to confirm that they received my letter and to see if there were any questions.

After explaining the situation with the first person I spoke to she said that I needed to talk to the examiner and she promptly transferred me to him.

After explaining the situation again, the examiner he said that he would do the following that allow me to pick up my suppressor:
1. Log into the "archives" system as soon as we were done talking and print out a copy of my approved Form 4.
2. Track down a supervisor, have it approved and for them to put a "seal" on the copy making it an official copy (the seal must be some sort of embossing stamp?).
3. When I asked the examiner what kind of time frame we were looking at he said he was going to have this done and in the mail either today or tomorrow at the latest.

Great news!!!

Mike_P: thanks for taking this over from Priority One and I'll be contacting you to schedule the pickup as soon as I receive my Form 4.

That’s awesome! Glad to hear they helped you.

I did see your message btw. Just been swamped this week with help out sick.

Custom Firearm builds
Ammo/parts Sales

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Mike_P wrote:
That’s awesome! Glad to hear they helped you.

I did see your message btw. Just been swamped this week with help out sick.

Thank you and it's really great of you to step up and offer your assistance.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:05 pm

NoEcm wrote:
An update.

Great news!!!

Looks like I'll be giving them a call tomorrow. I haven't heard anything from my mailed in request.

@Mike_P - really appreciate you helping out here! I hate to sound ungrateful, and hope it doesn't come across that way, but is there any way to transfer & deliver through Scott to have a closer pickup to me than Olympia? He has another can ready for me to pickup and it'd be nice to get all done in one stop. Figured I had to ask...

I am a FFL in Redmond. Check out my website at https://www.lucidityprovisions.com to purchase items that I have in stock or for information on processing transfers for online purchases. If there are any items you are looking for feel free to PM me here or use the contact form on my website and I'll see what I can do for you.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 pm
Profile WWW

WAGuess wrote:

Looks like I'll be giving them a call tomorrow. I haven't heard anything from my mailed in request.

@Mike_P - really appreciate you helping out here! I hate to sound ungrateful, and hope it doesn't come across that way, but is there any way to transfer & deliver through Scott to have a closer pickup to me than Olympia? He has another can ready for me to pickup and it'd be nice to get all done in one stop. Figured I had to ask...

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer these.

To give a little insight on the workings of this situation...

These suppressors are not eligible for a dealer to dealer transfer (Form 3) because form 4’s have already been submitted from Sam to the owners. In most cases we are simply waiting for stamps. A change in dealer would mean new form 4’s.

In addition, the ATF agents monitoring the situation have extended Sam’s grace period in order to give his existing inventory to me upon receipt of each stamp. He is not allowed to give anything to me unless he or the owner has a stamp in hand. They have not approved anyone else because Sam does NOT have a valid FFL or current SOT paid. They are limiting the possibility of Suppressors being lost by restricting how many hands they go through.

Also, these are being handled by the ATF in a different manner because of the situation. So no form 3 is being completed to put the cans in my hands.

It’s an extremely unique situation, so things are being dealt with in a very abnormal way. Nobody has said anything but I’m willing to bet that after this event is over, I can expect an inspection to ensure everything is processed as I have been instructed by the ATF.

Custom Firearm builds
Ammo/parts Sales

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Thanks for the detailed info Mike! I appreciate it and appreciate you helping out with this! Its very good to have honest & clear answers.

Sam was starting to give me different info and some of the stuff he apparently told SilencerShop was even different from that. Seems like it'll take a bit of time to sort this all out but I'm glad you at least have my can in your possession instead of Sam still having it.

On another note - I hate timezones :) I just now remembered to call NFA and they are already closed today. will try tomorrow...

I am a FFL in Redmond. Check out my website at https://www.lucidityprovisions.com to purchase items that I have in stock or for information on processing transfers for online purchases. If there are any items you are looking for feel free to PM me here or use the contact form on my website and I'll see what I can do for you.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:42 pm
Profile WWW

Well, I'm still in limbo. ATF said they mailed a replacement copy of the stamp in early April. But they couldn't tell me if they mailed it to me as I asked or if they mailed it to Sam's address on file. I've not received it and Sam has not responded to my attempts to contact him. Guess I'll try one more time and then submit another request for the copy along with a phone call to ensure it is sent to me.

Still pissed at Sam right now. What a crappy way for him to treat people that paid him money (directly or indirectly) for services. Regardless of him possibly being law enforcement, his handling of all this shows really poor character.

Tue May 08, 2018 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow. Hopefully this all ends soon, for everyone. :(

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed May 09, 2018 6:05 am

At this point it is not looking good for me. I know my can is at Olympic but I cannot get a copy of the stamp from anyone. From the request I sent in March, the NFA branch says they sent the duplicate stamp out and can't tell me if it was to me or to him but that it likely went to him. He hasn't responded to my texts or phone message so I'll try again. But I have no faith in him and it's pretty obvious he should never have been entrusted with these items. What a shame he put so many people in bad positions and is selfishly doing nothing to make it right.

I'm at the point that I will be handing this over to SilencerShop to either get the stamp figured out or to get me a replacement ASAP. I'm running out of time and energy to deal with the mess Sam has created.

Tue May 15, 2018 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

WAGuess wrote:
I know my can is at Olympic but I cannot get a copy of the stamp from anyone.

I thought that Sam was giving the suppressors to Olympic when the Form 4 arrived . . . which means that if your suppressor is at Olympic, then Mike has the Form 4.

If there's no Form 4, then Sam still has the suppressor.

Did I misunderstand something?

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 pm

MadPick wrote:
WAGuess wrote:
I know my can is at Olympic but I cannot get a copy of the stamp from anyone.

I thought that Sam was giving the suppressors to Olympic when the Form 4 arrived . . . which means that if your suppressor is at Olympic, then Mike has the Form 4.

If there's no Form 4, then Sam still has the suppressor.

Did I misunderstand something?

There are at least 2 of us with approved Form 4's with the suppressors sitting at Olympic but it seems like neither Priority One or Olympic has the physical copy of the approved Form 4s.

My Form 4 was approved by the ATF on February 20th, 2018 and my suppressor was given to Olympic on April 2nd by Sam per a posting by Olympic.

I spoke with a supervisor at the ATF on May 2nd and here's the situation:

1. The ATF database shows that there was no transfer of the suppressors to Olympic and that Priority One is still in possession of them.

2. Since the database shows that Priority One is still is in possession of the suppressors that's where the Form 4s (and any subsequent requests for a certified copy of them) were/will be mailed.

3. The ATF Supervisor said the transfer of the suppressors was probably handled by the local Seattle ATF field office and that she would investigate and get back to me on how this situation could be resolved. The good part is that the supervisor used to be the examiner for Washington State so she knows our state and the agents at the Seattle Field office.

To complicate things Priority One (Sam) sold his home which closed on March 8th, 2018 and I suspect there was no mail forwarding to his new address otherwise I hope that Sam would have mailed the approved Form 4s to Olympic.

So here I/We sit until this situation gets unraveled by the Main ATF office and the local Seattle field office.

In summary, my Form 4 has been approved but no one has a physical copy of it and my suppressor is sitting at Olympic while the ATF database shows that the suppressor is still at Priority One. If I don't hear anything from the ATF I'll give the supervisor a call back in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime I'll sit and wait patiently.

Wed May 16, 2018 5:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Holy crap. What a mess.

Well, hopefully the ATF can make something happen here, even if its outside their usual process, to finally get those suppressors to their rightful and legal owners.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next