Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:34 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Priority One Firearms (Edmonds) 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Mess is right. I strongly considered buying my first suppressor from priority one (ironic name btw) since they're Edmonds and I'm in Lynnwood. So glad I didn't. Sorry to all who got involved with this.

Also sorry to say this but due to the nfa wait time I'd strongly suggest people only buy nfa items from established shops. The potential instability of small ffl's is just too much of "what if" to me as far as a 6 month+ wait is concerned.

Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Mess is right. I strongly considered buying my first suppressor from priority one (ironic name btw) since they're Edmonds and I'm in Lynnwood. So glad I didn't. Sorry to all who got involved with this.

Also sorry to say this but due to the nfa wait time I'd strongly suggest people only buy nfa items from established shops. The potential instability of small ffl's is just too much of "what if" to me as far as a 6 month+ wait is concerned.

:plusone:

I feel for you guys going through this hassle right now, I really do. Hopefully it gets sorted out sooner or later. Mike seems to be trying real hard to help out, so I'd cut him some slack.

Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I hope that nothing I said was taken as a slight to Mike. I really appreciate that he is engaging and helping. I am very frustrated with Sam but I am also appreciative that Mike is at least giving me a glimmer of hope of not having to start the whole process over again using the SilencerShop guarantees.

I do wish that SilencerShop did better vetting of their dealers and/or at least gave information on how long they had been around. When PriorityOne popped up as a listed dealer and had a price a good bit lower than anyone else I didn't have any other information to indicate it was a risk.

This was only my second suppressor purchase, my first was via SilencerShop and delivered through West Coast Armory. I know now that I should have done more background on the FFL handing my transfer. I just read the SilencerShop guarantee and figured I'd be easily covered. I'm glad now that all my cans are going through Hot Gates Armory as Scott is amazing and I'm confident he'll be around for the long term. Even on a recent purchase from SilencerShop I could have had them through West Coast Armory for the same cost and saved myself about 45mins to an hour round trip vs driving to Scott, but i went with Scott as he's been great on all my other purchases (in to double digits now). I really wish I had know that about a year ago.

I am a FFL in Redmond. Check out my website at https://www.lucidityprovisions.com to purchase items that I have in stock or for information on processing transfers for online purchases. If there are any items you are looking for feel free to PM me here or use the contact form on my website and I'll see what I can do for you.

Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow!
I am truly sorry. I don’t know all the details but reading the last few pages.

You guys hang in there. What a mess to say the least.

Thu May 17, 2018 5:50 am

Well, I may have a positive update as a result of my second faxed request for a duplicate stamp, but I'm not sure...

In today's mail I received an envelope with the ATF return address. In it is a photocopy of my Form 4 with the Approved box checked with handwritten date & initials on it. I can feel there is also an embossed stamp over the initials and date. There is not any copy of the actual stamp, but I don't know if that is required or not. I've got a call in to Mike and hopefully this is sufficient to actually wrap up this order. Will see soon...

I am a FFL in Redmond. Check out my website at https://www.lucidityprovisions.com to purchase items that I have in stock or for information on processing transfers for online purchases. If there are any items you are looking for feel free to PM me here or use the contact form on my website and I'll see what I can do for you.

Fri May 18, 2018 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

fingers crossed for you bud, hope you get your can!

Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah.

Sounds like Mike just needs to wait for the storyteller to drop it off...

Fri May 18, 2018 9:46 pm

NWGunner wrote:
Yeah.

Sounds like Mike just needs to wait for the storyteller to drop it off...

Well, thankfully I know the can is already in Mike's hands at Olympic. I got a call from him weeks ago that he had it and as soon as I got the certified copy I could schedule a time to pick it up. I called Mike just after closing time yesterday so I figure I'll hear back on Monday.

Sat May 19, 2018 10:48 am
Profile WWW

Talked to Mike today and I'm apparently all set to go pick up my can now. Glad to have the end in sight.

For any others still waiting, what I think really helped with my 2nd request for a copy was to leave off Sam's address. I had included it in my first request but, per the advice of a person at the NFA, only put my address on the 2nd request. It was just about 30 days from when I faxed it in that I received the copy in the mail.

Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WAGuess wrote:
Talked to Mike today and I'm apparently all set to go pick up my can now. Glad to have the end in sight.

For any others still waiting, what I think really helped with my 2nd request for a copy was to leave off Sam's address. I had included it in my first request but, per the advice of a person at the NFA, only put my address on the 2nd request. It was just about 30 days from when I faxed it in that I received the copy in the mail.

:party:

Mon May 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Some good news on my suppressor that's sitting at Olympic Cerakote awaiting pickup.

After 3 unsuccessful attempts to get a certified copy of my form 4 that was approved February 20, 2018 the ATF has found the original approved Form 4 (the copy with the tax stamp on it). As soon as the supervisor in Martinsburg gets permission from the ATF field investigator to mail it to Olympic Cerakote I'll be able to pick it up shortly after that.

Hoping that the ATF investigator gives Martinsburg approval soon to mail it and I'm looking forward to hearing from Mike_P shortly after that.

Fingers crossed, maybe this is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tue May 29, 2018 12:00 pm

NoEcm wrote:
Some good news on my suppressor that's sitting at Olympic Cerakote awaiting pickup.

After 3 unsuccessful attempts to get a certified copy of my form 4 that was approved February 20, 2018 the ATF has found the original approved Form 4 (the copy with the tax stamp on it). As soon as the supervisor in Martinsburg gets permission from the ATF field investigator to mail it to Olympic Cerakote I'll be able to pick it up shortly after that.

Hoping that the ATF investigator gives Martinsburg approval soon to mail it and I'm looking forward to hearing from Mike_P shortly after that.

I sure hope that can wrap it up for you. Cool that you hopefully end up with the full copy and original stamp after all. My copy has no pretty stamp :crybaby:

I got mine from Mike this weekend. While a relief to have it in hard, hearing that there are still a good number of folks in limbo really sucks. I hope everyone else gets theirs sorted out soon.

Tue May 29, 2018 1:15 pm
Profile WWW

Just hang tight, Gents. I’m doing everything I can to help those of you still having issues with stamps and what not.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Tue May 29, 2018 1:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

NoEcm wrote:

Where was it found? In West Virginia?

Does that mean that the ATF never actually mailed it out?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue May 29, 2018 6:55 pm

MadPick wrote:
NoEcm wrote:

Where was it found? In West Virginia?

Does that mean that the ATF never actually mailed it out?

Supposedly it was returned to sender due to someone not getting their mail.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Tue May 29, 2018 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next