Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 SD Tactical 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is alive but not well. They need our help, I called and talked to Amy for almost 30 minutes she is an awesome person they go above and beyond for our active duty and vets and right now the BATF is fucking with them.

Any orders right now would be very helpful I wouldn't be a bit surprised if one of the larger suppressor company's called the BATF to go after them.

Anyway any help would be very appreciative right now. They are vet's trying to help other vet's.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great product. I have two approved Form1 silencers waiting to be engraved before I can drill the baffles and end cap. Ordering was simple and shipped quickly. There's lots of good info on their forum pages as well.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://sdtacticalarms.com

I ordered some stuff today she said she would make sure it left tomorrow and threw in some extras.

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

So are they currently able to sell any of the typical DIY suppressor parts?

An earlier update indicated that they could sell to you if you had an approved Form 1, but I didn't see anything on the site indicating that.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

They created their problem, it wasn't anybody else's fault. That being said, they are a great company and the growing pain caught up to them.

I have a F1 can that is mostly SDT, but I could use some more parts. I'll place an order.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massivedesign wrote:
They created their problem, it wasn't anybody else's fault.

I dunno, I haven't seen how SD created the problem.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
So are they currently able to sell any of the typical DIY suppressor parts?

An earlier update indicated that they could sell to you if you had an approved Form 1, but I didn't see anything on the site indicating that.

Not all the parts like they did however they do have some parts like caps.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:58 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

MadPick wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

From what I heard is that when they created their SOT to start making actual suppressors, that then made them more than a "machine shop" and all those parts that were "almost" baffles were spare parts and baffles in the eyes of the Feds. So they shut down the ability to sell those parts, just like you can't by a baffle from SilencerCo.

The relief came when SDT and BATFE came to an agreement that SDT would only sell suppressor parts (like baffles) to people who can provide an approved Form 1.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

That still sounds more like an ATF problem than an SD problem to me . . . .

Anyhow, I still don't see how I can buy those parts from SD, even with a Form 1 . . . ?

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Email from them.

Quote:
Hey Everyone!

I have included a link to the American Suppressor Association website where you can fill out a short form to inform your Senator / Representative that you Support the Hearing Protection Act.

Here is the link americansuppressorassociation.com/hearing-protection-act/

This is the E-mail that will autofill your Name and be sent to your respective states Senator / Representative:

The Hearing Protection Act (H.R. 367), legislation which addresses the removal of suppressors (also known as silencers) from the National Firearms Act, is of paramount interest to me because I am a law-abiding citizen who values both the safety of my hearing and the hearing of those around me. This issue directly impacts my ability and the ability of countless other law abiding citizens to practice reasonable and responsible safety measures while enjoying our sport - whether that is hunting, target shooting, or any related activity allowed by the laws of this country.

Suppressors have been misrepresented in entertainment and the media for quite some time, which has given many misinformed people a negative perception of them. Ownership of silencers has skyrocketed in the recent past, without any correlation of crimes committed using silencers. In fact, the number of crimes committed using silencers is so low, it is within the margin of numerical error within the general statistics relating to crime. Numbers provided directly from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives support these statements.

I urge you to sincerely evaluate the benign and responsible uses of suppressors in hunting and sporting applications and consider becoming a cosponsor of the Hearing Protection Act.

Thank you for your consideration of my viewpoint on this matter. I believe it is an important issue, and would like to see the Hearing Protection Act pass to ensure that Americans are able to freely practice their sport and protect their hearing.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Funny, I also called SDTA yesterday and talked to Amy for a while. Real nice lady, and she knows her stuff. It's too bad they're dealing with this right now, because everything I've seen and heard from them indicates they have always tried to do right by the law.

As to whether the ATF has a legitimate argument or is just flexing muscle, I think it's important to first understand the definition of "silencer":
18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(24) wrote:
The terms ‘‘firearm silencer’’ and ‘‘firearm muffler’’ mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

I think ATF is focusing on the bolded parts. If the solvent traps and related parts are being marketed as silencer-building materials, then even if SDTA is rightly instructing their customers follow the law, they're still selling what should legally be considered restricted items (in ATF's eyes).

I think the ATF's interpretation is both legally correct and complete ass-hattery. And this is precisely why the HPA needs to pass.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got my order today.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

From what I heard is that when they created their SOT to start making actual suppressors, that then made them more than a "machine shop" and all those parts that were "almost" baffles were spare parts and baffles in the eyes of the Feds. So they shut down the ability to sell those parts, just like you can't by a baffle from SilencerCo.

The relief came when SDT and BATFE came to an agreement that SDT would only sell suppressor parts (like baffles) to people who can provide an approved Form 1.

Can you elaborate on that? I have an approved Form 1 right now so this is very relevant to my interests...

Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]